“Beautiful beach and great staff”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #3 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Beautiful beach and great staff”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The resort and beach area here is very beautiful and perfect for a romantic getaway. The staff was also very friendly and attentive to all of your needs, and the resort was very well maintained and had several pools and a meandering lazy river. We were not oceanfront but second floor and could see the ocean from our balcony. We also loved the multitude of big beautiful coconut palms, palm thatched roofs, great beach service, and 24 hour room service. Room service never took more than 20 minutes and each evening they slipped a paper under our door with the next days activities ....if you cared to participate. They had beach horseback riding, a paella cooking demonstration with sangria and flamingo dancing to name a few, and you didn't need to sign up- just show up. They also named your suite after you. Just lots of nice touches here and there that really made the stay that much sweeter and again they really have a fantastic staff that seemed to enjoy making your stay special. Love love the Dominican people. Three extra things that my husband and I did were the romantic dinner for two on the beach, a couples massage on the beach, and the helicopter transfer from the resort to the airport. These were additional charges but definitely worth every penny. I would go back to this resort in a heartbeat!! Highly recommend. One thing I will mention is that if you prefer casinos and nightclubs this is not the place for you. The staff did however tell us that most if the nearby resorts offered day passes if we wanted to venture out but we loved it at Zoetry and couldn't image leaving to spend the day somewhere else. Thank you so much for making our third anniversary and second trip to the Dominican Republic so fantastic! I'd also like to mention that on one occasion we left our sunglasses behind, on another occasion we left a camera behind, and on a third occasion we left a cigar cutter behind. All were returned to us with fairly little effort. Dayanara was our favorite bartender and beach server and Brielly our favorite person in reception.

Room Tip: If your not oceanfront, request an upper level room so you can see the ocean (no elevators here thou...
1 Thank Jacqueline M
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and write a review about your stay at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, it feels really good to know that we reached your expectations, this type of reviews encourage us to keep making things even better.

In here each one of us are committed with the client satisfaction and we are working very hard to mantein this high level service.

We will be more than happy to have you back here soon.

Namasté

Lionel Gomez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (875)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I have never travelled to the Dominican Republic before and we've never stayed at an all-inclusive resort. The bar is extremely high now! Zoetry is truly a little slice of paradise. The property is gorgeous and well maintained. The grounds are well laid out and it's easy to get around. The staff is very friendly and always had a smile on their faces. Our room was large and beautifully appointed. I loved that the turndown service included laying slippers out for me. You don't need to take very many clothes because laundry is free! And it comes back to room all nice and neatly folded. The lobby bar was so much fun because of the bartenders Marcelo and Gilberto! We went every night just to sit with them! And Anyelo at the pool bar was very funny and remembered all our drinks. Plus he was a really nice guy. All the restaurants were good. You order by menu. No buffets. The best experiences we had were with our waiter Claudio. I don't know why he treated us so special but he made us feel like we were the only guests there. I can't wait to return next summer! Lacy and Jason *****also the "everywhere" man draws a great bath! Thank you for the flower hearts in the bubbles!

3 Thank lacy1217

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank for the time you have dedicated to review our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana and for recommending our services. At our Resort we constantly strive to meet your needs and exceed your expectations, therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Zoëtry Agua becomes a perfect choice for different experiences, a spa holiday, a romantic honeymoon, an exceptional wedding venue, or simply the place for relaxation and regeneration. Indulge yourself in the splendor of our accurate gardens and its beautiful surroundings… each detail brings a delicate touch in our landscape, it is essential for us to keep the charm of our wondrous setting.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was my first time to the Dominican Republic. I went with my 2 college age children. I was surprised when they said they loved it too as I thought it would be too relaxing and low-key for them. It is a very beautiful property, well kept, organized and efficient, the housekeeping staff is friendly and thorough and all the staff was helpful and wonderful! They have the best bartenders in the world: Anyelo, Marcelo and Gilberto! They are all so friendly & funny! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: It is a relatively small resort, so I don't think there is a bad location for any room. However...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cherylvf2014
Taigüey: Good Day - Good Sun

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review concerning your experience at our cherished warm paradise. I am delighted to read that our Staff took such good care of you during your stay, reaching beyond your expectations. I take great pride of them.

On the behalf of the Zoëtry Family, I would like to reiterate our thanks for the kind words you have expressed. We remain at your disposal for any request to come and we look forward to welcoming you very soon for a new Zoëtry experience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We just returned from Zoetry Punta Cana where we spent the second half of our honeymoon. Overall we had a good experience and the resort was great! The beach is really beautiful and natural with no other hotels next to the resort, which makes it a very romantic destination. As the resort is small it also never feels crowded, which we really enjoyed.

We stayed in a room with direct pool access (non-beachfront) and in hindsight we wouldn't even had to pay more for that as all the rooms (including the first floor and second floor rooms which are cheaper) are nice and very well accessible. Decor in the room was relatively simple but neat and clean and the room service always came up with creative ideas of folding towels, curtains, making beds, etc. which gave the room a nice touch whenever we came back from the beach.

Food is good, much better than at other Dominican Resorts, although don't expect a gourmet experience. What is really outstanding is the staff. They are all super friendly and try their best to make you feel comfortable. All of their service seems to come from their hearts and we really made a connection with many of them as they were always upbeat (e.g. moving to Bachata sounds, singing along, smiling,...). This was Caribbean feeling at its best! Specifically we would like to mention Claudio, Hodge, Gilberto, Wanda and Yanna, who truly made our stay special!

There are two improvement areas that in our view could make the resort even better. Firstly, I would encourage their sales staff to be a bit less pushy about selling their membership benefits. We clearly stated from the beginning that we were not interested in learning about their (sort of timeshare) program (the meeting they suggested would have taken 90 minutes!), but they insisted and tried several times to convince us to attend the session. Secondly, the watersports activities offered are very few...they only have 3 small kanoes and one sailing katamaran (which was broken several times during our stay) at their own beach - we would have wished for some more activities or equipment, like windsurfing, surf boards, etc.

Overall we had a wonderful experience and really enjoyed our time at Zoetry. Thanks to everyone at the resort for making our honeymoon there memorable!

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay extra for beachfront or pool-access rooms as all rooms have good accessibility an...
1 Thank Altenberg1985

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for choosing Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana as your favorite place to celebrate your honeymoon. It was our pleasure to provide you the tranquility and romanticism you were looking for... plus our great food that tastes delicious.

Honeymooners of our Resort can count on an accurate treat and rediscover the inspiration of a romantic time of poetry: the magic of a gentle beauty which makes it a charming setting in this corner of paradise. Your high praise of our facilities and friendly staff are very appreciated.

We are really glad our team made your stay an unforgettable one and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in our Zoëtry Agua, our best kept secret!

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This was my third visit to this resort with family and friends. We go every summer and I can not begin to describe how wonderful it is to be there. We spend the greater part of our year talking about when we are going back and how excited we are for the trip.

First off, the resort is beautiful. Everything about it is breathtaking and makes you feel beyond relaxed. The rooms are always clean and beautiful to stay in, the grounds are very well kept, and no matter where you are the view is wonderful.

Second off, the food is amazing. Everything on the menu is wonderful and they are always willing to work with you to make something you want to eat. Every meal is my favorite meal.

Last, the people working there are amazing. They are always so happy and welcoming, no matter what time of day. They are so kind to all of us and go above and beyond to make sure we are enjoying our time. Seeing the people who work there is one of the main reasons I continue to go back.

I couldn't imagine vacationing anywhere else!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth C
Taigüey / Good Day-Good Sun!

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to share your feedback in regards to your wonderful experience at our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana. We are grateful for the trust you have placed in our staff, for the third time! It is our goal to keep your confidence in our property by providing the highest level of excellence.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the quality of our food and the beauty of our grounds. At our Resort guests feel like being in the paradise, where they truly are pampered and our attentive staff shows them a sanctuary of lavish tranquility. Through your stay, you will discover there is no doubting the uniqueness of our concept.

The entire Zoëtry Family will be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you again to our private paradise!

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful timeshare week at Zoetry. Highlights were the quality of the accomodations, the atmosphere of the resort, beautiful beach and upbeat staff. The most enjoyable activities were the horseback riding (by far) and the snorkeling (with gear right at the beach). The beach and cabanas are fabulous. The beach has many submerged rock and coral formations - so be sure to use a mask and get familiar with the best places to enjoy the water. My wife and I both went to the morning yoga sessions (we're novices) and had a very good experience. The food quality was excellent (pretty pricey, but this is an island setting). Food service was enthusiastic, but discussions of details about the food were only possible in Spanish. Beyond a few English phrases (and our rudimentary Spanish) we had challenges discussing details (like restocking the mini-bar, tweaking recipes in the dining rooms, etc.). The laid-back atmosphere was perfect for a "get away" tropical beach. The "sales" staff were persistant but pleasant. We navigated all of the bonus offers to our satisfaction. We were pleased in every way and think the setting is ideal for a resort-centered, superbly relaxing beach vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eric W
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Taigüey: Good Day - Good Sun

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review concerning your experience at our cherished warm paradise. I am delighted to read that our Staff took such good care of you during your stay, reaching beyond your expectations. I take great pride in their service efforts!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in our hidden paradise Zoetry Agua Punta Cana!

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent five days at Zoetry Aqua in Punta Cana. A wonderful vacation, exactly what we wanted. Everything was as advertised, from the rooms, staff, restaurants, entire resort. We plan on returning next spring.
We enjoyed our evening meals in the restaurants, breakfast in the room, and lunch on the beach. Each time it was wonderful. The servers will take your order on the beach and return with everything as requested. Loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms near the ocean are fabulous. Also the swim out suites are great.
2 Thank dsjay
Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

At first, I would like to thank you for your review, it made me happy to read your comments, those really motivate us to provide our guests the best service.

We work so hard to provide a high-level service so that every guest will bring back home, not only fantastic pictures but also extraordinary memories. Your smile is our motto.

The Zoëtry Family would like to see you again very soon to create impressive memories!

Lionel Gómez