“Go somewhere else”

Ranked #3 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Go somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Zoetry was a really nice place on paper, but failed in many aspects to be a positive resort. First of all, because the area surrounding the resort is very boggy, the mosquitoes were almost unbearable. While they responded well enough to bug spray, if you forgot it on your way to dinner, there would be a swarm of them around you within 30 seconds of walking outside.

The food in the restaurants was good, but every meal takes at least an hour and a half and the wait staff was not very attentive to the guests needs. several times we got room service after dinner because we spent so long at the restaurant and the portions were small.

The bartenders were very slow at every bar, and each bartender made the drinks differently, so some were good and some were almost undrinkable. Also, the pools and pool bars close at 6pm, which was surprisingly early. We ended up in our room very early because the only open bar was the lobby bar, which was very far inland, making it very hot and uncomfortable.

Several of the perks promised on the website (like a beach bag made by locals) were unavailable. Almost every time you called the front desk they seemed to give you the run around. The laundry service is supposed to take 24 hours to complete, so we put our laundry in at 8:00 am on the day before we left. After calling several times the following morning we finally got our laundry at 11:20 (10 minutes before our transport to the airport was to leave), and it was still wet.

There were also several issues with the room. The water in the shower smelled mildly of sewage, and the shower drained very slowly. They didn't stock the room with soap, shampoo, conditioner or washcloths. Several hours after calling the front desk, some of these items were delivered. Some of the people in our group had rooms where the AC didn't work, others had issues with the showers, while the phones in other's didn't work.

The beach and the ocean were the best part. The sand was very soft and generally clean. There were several reefs within 50 feet of the shoreline that were a blast to explore. The rental snorkeling masks ($20 deposit that was returned when finished with the mask) worked well, as did the kayaks (free). There is also a catamaran that we took out for a ride in the waves that was really fun. The pools were clean and comfortable, and at most times of the day, at least one of them had some shade, so you could choose to be in the sun or the shade.

I would love to return to the Dominican Republic, but I will steer clear of this and any sister resorts.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
21 Thank Anonymous6748
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us in regards to your stay among us.

Your feedback concerning the service you received at our premises are very important to us. We want guests to enjoy their stay at our Zoetry Agua, so your report of an unpleasant experience with some department is a serious concern for us.

Let us express our deepest apologies. We regret to hear from your review that your expectations were not met on this occasion and wish we could have done more to make your vacation more comfortable. I have taken the liberty of sharing all your feedback with the relevant Heads of Department to ensure that your points are addressed, corrective action have been taken especially regarding the food.

Our main aim is to offer a special treat to our visitors by providing them more focused services and playing our part to ensure that we will go beyond your expectations!

We look forward to serving you more efficiently in the future. Again, and on the behalf of the entire Staff, I would like to express our sincere apologies.

Lionel Gomez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've been home two days and am already planning to return next May. What an amazing place! Being a smaller resort on the northern most edge of resorts, this place promises relaxation and it delivers! There are several staff members alert to find ways they can make your stay the best. One day while walking past the swim up bar, I grabbed a banana and commented on how much I liked bananas. Within an hour a fruit plate was delivered to my room with extra bananas on it. That's customer service! The snorkeling right off of the beach was great. Even better than the excursion I went on. Room service was prompt and a treat. The food was amazing...the shrimp cerviche, fresh guacamole and salsa were my lunch many days. The started in a garden view room and upgraded to an ocean view room. Worth every penny of the upgrade! Room 221 was perfect! It was like having my own ocean front luxury tree house. I can't wait to go back again! One travel tip I would offer for those headed there though is to beware of the room safe. As a security measure the safes are connected to the door locks. If you leave your room and leave the safe open, you will be locked out of your room and have to have security let you in. This is to prevent housekeeping and maintenance from being in your room when the safe is accidentally left open. Wish I'd known that before arriving.

Room Tip: Ocean view is absolutely worth the money...ask for 2nd floor to enjoy the thatched roofs and great v...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Janet P
Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun

Dear Janet,

I am thrilled to read your review, and on the behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you personally for expressing your satisfaction regarding your stay among us.

As you mentioned this is the perfect place for a "Dream Vacation" With his relaxing atmosphere, his culinary experience, his wellness focus and his kind employees, Zoetry Agua focus on a personal treatment, and the hotel size helps us to get a close attention to our guest.

If you enjoyed to the fullest your vacations, then your memories are the best award for us...Hopefully on your next visit, we can create new memories, by surprising your with new concepts and a more dedicated service.

Again thank you so much for those great comments.

Namasté

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful Grounds,beautiful beach,friendly staff.
We have first stayed in the old part of tge resort ,however we had to ask for the room to be fumigated after a day as it was full of ants-they were actually on the bed-couldn't sleep for 2days.
On top of that there were mosquitos everywhere -I was so bitten that I was using spirits from the fridge to stop the itching-and not kidding.
However,even after the room has been fumigated,we had to ask to change rooms-which was easily done.we have moved to a pool view room in the new section where we havent had any probs with insects.
Staff is all over the place-friendly but they have no clue what they have to do-it s not their fault -is their Management fault!!
There are 4restaurants -and all have same -no fresh vegetables available ,fruits also different every day but not many available ,salty food or tasteless-not sure how they are saying that is a well known Chef as anyone could cook better.
deserts only 4 ,for all restaurants and few times had to return it as they were OFF!
Was no fresh cooking at all as plates were coming straight from the fridge and put to microwave-confirmed by members of staff as they were tired of covering up for Management and Chef which are best friends and they are not having the tourists interests at all.
The Spa area is nice to use in the evening however not very clean and jacuzzi never works!
The gym area full of dust and mosquitos.
Staff is trying to keep everyone happy however they don t have necessary resources to be able to help and no help at all from the top-is noone to manage the staff and they just feel lost.
Holiday too expensive for the services offered.
Overall ,beach is nice and clean,grounds beautiful,food awful,staff trying their best,too expensive!!!

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank Ramona Elena R

Dear Ms. Ramona,

Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I held my wedding at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana a little over two weeks ago and everything was fantastic! My husband and I visited Zoetry for the first time last May followed by a visit to Paradisus. After our visits to these two resorts it was easy to decide which resort we would have our wedding at. The things I love about Zoetry:

The resort is small enough to walk from place to place – no trollies to catch!
You get a complimentary 20 minute massage! I can’t think of a better way to start off a vacation.
No reservations. I don’t want to have to leave the beach or the pool earlier than I would like because I have a dinner reservation to make.
The food is great!
The staff is very attentive. Again, it is a small resort so by day 2 most of the staff knows you and vice versa
The resort and rooms are beautiful!

Being a guest at a resort and planning a wedding at a resort are two different things. I was worried about how my guests were going to like the resort (especially the kids since this resort does cater more to adults/couples) and if my wedding events were going to turn out as I had imagined.
My guests all loved it! At the end of our stay we joked that we should renew our vows every year and we can all come back. Most of the adults took advantage of the amazing spa, including myself. I started out my wedding vacation with a 70 minute couples massage with my husband. It was just what I needed after all of the wedding stress and traveling. The kids had a great time playing at the beach and the pool, horseback riding, and frequenting the ice cream bar. As the bride at a destination wedding it was important to me to spend time with all of our guests who came down to celebrate with us. This was extraordinarily easy at Zoetry. Every morning I would wake up and take a walk around Zoetry. By the time I made it back to my room I had seen most of my guests either eating breakfast at one of the restaurants, hanging out on their balcony or patio, or relaxing at the beach or pool.
My wedding was everything I had wanted it to be. One of the things I love about Zoetry from a wedding perspective is that they reserve the whole WEEK for you. It’s not like some of the other resorts where they have 4 or 5 weddings a day. It makes your day that much more special. Anny Kerry was my wedding coordinator and she did a wonderful job! Anny provided me with a budget sheet early on in the planning process that allowed me to see the total price of the wedding with all of the additions calculated in. There were no surprises at checkout so the budget sheet was fairly accurate. I emailed Anny pictures of things that I liked (ceremony setup, cake, centerpieces, etc.) and Anny did a great job of creating my vision. We also brought a number of items for the wedding down with us and Anny made herself available to meet with us and go over the details for all of the items. Just like the rest of the staff at Zoetry, Anny made herself available to us any time that we needed her.
Willyn was our concierge for our stay and he went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. When there was an issue with our air conditioning, which he assured us would be fixed the next day, he gave us keys to a room nearby to sleep in so that we weren’t uncomfortable. The air conditioning was in fact fixed the next day and we were able to stay in our room.
Prior to the wedding I needed to get my nails done and did not have time before our departure to the DR. Since Zoetry is a smaller resort, they were not able to do what I wanted so Anny arranged for me to travel to one of their sister resorts, Dreams, to get my nails done. Zoetry arranged and paid for my travel to and from Dreams. Hair and makeup was done at Zoetry. I was provided a trial hair and makeup session prior to the wedding day – my hair was amazing! All of my bridesmaids got their hair done at the salon for the wedding as well and everyone’s hair looked great!
A rehearsal was included as part of the wedding package – which is not included in a lot of destination wedding packages. We were able to choose which section of the beach we wanted to have the ceremony and we even created a unique entrance where the bridal party walked in over one of the bridges before actually walking down the aisle. If we weren’t allotted time for a rehearsal we never would have had the chance to come up with that idea. A rehearsal dinner was also included, which we called a welcome dinner since all of our guests were invited. We had this at Olena. The food was great, as always, but Olena does not have air conditioning and it was very hot inside. This is obviously not anyone’s fault, just a precaution if you are planning on having your wedding at Zoetry. Olena was actually my choice for a reception venue, but my husband had different ideas. After the welcome dinner I was glad I was not in there in my wedding dress or it would have been very uncomfortable. We had our ceremony on the beach which was beautiful. We had a special knot tying ceremony planned to happen during the wedding ceremony and Anny made sure that the officiant knew when this ceremony would take place. We held our cocktail hour immediately after the ceremony at Indigo. I did not get to enjoy the cocktail hour since I had planned to do pictures during this time, but Omar was kind enough to bring some appetizers down to the beach for the bridal party and they were delicious. The reception was then held at Amaya. The service was great, food was amazing, and Anny made sure everything was set up exactly how I wanted it. We opted for the DJ as entertainment after the meal and I also hired a cigar roller as a wedding present for my husband. The women enjoyed dancing while the men enjoyed cigars. It was a great evening!

If you are a bride or groom looking for the perfect spot in the Dominican Republic to have your wedding I would highly recommend Zoetry.

4 Thank ChandyLynne
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for taking your time in posting this delightful review on Trip Advisor, but more than anything thank you very much for making Zoetry Agua Punta Cana part of the most important day in your life. It was a pleasure for us to have you here.

It is important for us to know that you went back home with a suitcase full of great memories about this day and that our staff made everything possible to make it even more special for you and your guests.

We hope to have you back here for the anniversary and once again congratulations on your recent marriage.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We just returned from several days at Zoetry Agua and it was great! The hotel is lovely, the grounds are very well kept and the view of the ocean is beautiful. The rooms are nice and comfortable. We had a ground floor room that led right out to the pool with our own lounges. There are tons of lounges at the beaches and around the grounds so you never have trouble finding a good spot. I'd read that the food was great, but had doubts based on other all inclusive experiences - I was wrong! The food was delicious and gourmet! There are no buffets here - just good service, lovely restaurants and amazing food. The drinks were great too - not watery or too strong. We especially loved the pool bar and the bartender, Gilberto. The hotel is so small that you really get to know the staff and they seem genuinely interested in meeting you and helping you. The spa is nice, and you can use the spa facilities anytime. Nairobi was very helpful in booking our massages and showing us around the spa.
The theme at Zoetry is "relax" and they make that very easy for their guests. The only downside to the hotel is that it's so low-key that sometimes you may want to slip off to another noisier hotel with bands or a casino. It's not a cheap cab ride out, as the hotel is about as far from Punta Cana as possible, but the concierges are happy to set it up. We would definitely go back, though only as a couple - our kids would be bored. Great place!

Room Tip: The new wing of ground floor rooms that open onto the pool are nice. The second floor rooms have &qu...
2 Thank Jenny T
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Taiguey: Good Day -Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

First than anything thank you for taking your time to write this review, at Zoetry we take pride in ensuring the customers satisfaction and it really pleased us is that you really loved your stay here. Our guests are the reason why we work so hard and find ways to make the experience at our hotel a unique one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to our peaceful paradise!

Namasté.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Without a doubt we would recommend Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana. We just returned after attending our son's wedding on the beach. Anny Kery, the reservations manager, and her staff did a fantastic job making sure everything was perfect.
During our stay, the resort staff was courteous and helpful and always ended the conversation by saying “my pleasure”. Willyn Jimenez, concierge went above and beyond to insure that all our needs were taken care of during the time we were there.
We would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank R P
Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review concerning your experience at our cherished warm paradise. I am delighted to read that our Staff took such good care of you during your stay, reaching beyond your expectations. I take great pride of them.

On the behalf of the Zoëtry Family, I would like to reiterate our thanks for the kind words you have expressed. We remain at your disposal for any request to come and we look forward to welcoming you very soon for a new Zoëtry experience.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We are just about to leave this resort having spent the last 4 nights here.

Initially we were paced on the right side of the resort which we now know to be the old side, whilst the room was still excellent, it involved walking along a fully matured garden overhung walkway which was extremely dark at night, had quite a few insects ( which was to be expected )and was rather loud at night due to the sound of the natural 'jungle' the other side of the resort wall.

Whilst when we arrived everything seemed fine in the daylight. That night we had a tropical storm and we really didn't like being in that environment.

We then spoke with our concierge Carlos de Jesus whose service was BRILLIANT. he took on board our comments and arranged for us to be moved to a newer section of the resort in the middle. Since then our stay was fantastic. The room was amazing, everything was close by and we didn't need to venture anywhere toward the older section (which to be fair does have a character that some people would very much enjoy)

I would also like to say once again that the service was excellent. There were however a couple of people who really stood out in addition to Carlos.

Hodge, who took care of our dining needs in the indigo and Amaya restaurant. His English was excellent and attention to details was superb. He made sure everything was perfect and really made a difference. Whilst he has only been at this hotel a couple of months. They need to make sure he stays!!!

Zulieka, who was mainly at the swim up wet bar. She was always so happy, smiling and great at making our favourite cocktail, Miami Vice. It was also always fun to look over and see her dancing and singing to herself when listening to the music at the bar whilst making the cocktails :-) she does like her music and 'Romero' very much!!

The resort itself is very quiet as standard but like with most hotels, it does depend on who you meet. We were very lucky as met couple (from Pittsburg) who were soooooo much fun. We really made use of the pool bar, pool room which us open 24 hours and there ground floor hotel room with access to the pool.

There are not really any activities going on as this hotel is all about calm and relaxing and if I were here for 2 weeks, I think I would get a little bored. But for our 4 days it's actually been excellent especially with the great company. (That we will defo meet up with again)

Room Tip: New side of the resort was much nicer / groomed / quieter at night in our opinion which was much bet...
1 Thank Antbro82

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for choosing Zoetry Agua Punta Cana once again for your vacations. It was a pleasure for us to have you here again in this your home away from home. What you have to say about our hotel is the most important assessment to us, you are the reason why we work so hard and find ways to make the experience at our hotel a unique one.

Thanks again for choosing us, and for now taking the time to review us, we would be delighted to see you again, please consider Zoetry Agua your home in Punta Cana.