“Overall Review of the Resort”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #3 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Overall Review of the Resort”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Overall I would have to say that this resort is definitely the best all-inclusive resort that my wife and I have stayed in on any of our vacations.

In order to be fair I will break down my review into categories: Food service, Rooms, Activities, Destination Weddings, and Customer Service.

Food Service - the service was slow in the restaurants. We had our wedding at the resort and book 19 of the 51 rooms that the resort has to offer. With that being said, I do not believe that the resort was ready to accommodate such a large wedding party.Sometimes, the orders came out incorrectly and other times they just were extremely slow in bringing out the food or in being attentive in refilling your drinks during the meal itself. However, with servers like Omar and Felix, you really did have the feeling that the wait staff really wanted to ensure that you had a pleasant experience at each venue. They were great and it really made the wait enjoyable. Also, even the bartenders seemed to be overwhelmed with the size of our party but their pleasant demeanor really made up for the extended wait.

Rooms - All of the rooms were Excellent!. They all had magnificent views and were almost perfect. however, the only problem is that some of the rooms did have a completely different feel for how their A/C's worked. Some rooms were very cool and others were borderline uncomfortable as far as the temperature. The showers, in some rooms were perfect, while in my own room, the water was luke warm at its hottest setting, but they all took a long time to drain. We were lucky to be in a room that the shower went into a tub and the slow drain process did not cause any problems to the room. While other rooms the bathroom started to cause small issues of flooding (after the 2nd persons shower). Also, at times when we flushed the toilet, it would cause water to shoot up out of the dual vanity sinks. And lastly, during our 10 day stay, we experienced and our guest experienced an unpleasant sewage smell coming from the water in the room. (I guess thats why you do not drink the water here). As far as drinking water, they were excellent in keeping the rooms well stocked with bottled water.

Activities - Although the resort seemed to be a resort for peace and quiet they do have some activities for the guests to enjoy. When I arrived the catamaran was out of service but after I spoke to the front desk and the guy in charge of the catamaran, they had it up and running the next day. We really enjoyed the top notch snorkeling, sailing, and kayaking that the resort had to offer. It really made the day fly by.

Destination Wedding - My wife already reviewed the resort for the details of the destination wedding so I will keep this to the overall perspective of the review. Overall, I believe that with a small wedding party, Zoetry Agua is the quintessential location for a destination wedding. However, we had 37 people including ourselves in the wedding party, and the resort was not ready for such a large party. However, I completely agree with my wife when she says that having Anny Kerry the reservation manager and now wedding planner in charge of our big day was the best thing that could have happened for us. She was extremely sincere when she stated that she really wanted our day to be perfect. And she made sure that she stayed on top of every detail to make the day happen without a glitch. I am thankful that she is in charge of this part of the resort. She has a great demeanor and was really pleasant to work with.

Customer Service - With this resort being the nicest all-inclusive resort that my wife and I have visited, there were some minor problems with the customer service aspect of the resort.
First, this was the only resort where it seemed to have a major language barrier for the guests if they could not speak Spanish. Every other resort that we have traveled to, the staff spoke fluently in multiple languages and were really helpful in that regard.
Second, when I went to the front desk to double check issues, or ask questions about things with the resort, I got the impression from some of the people that I was a thorn in their side. They tried their best to take care of the problems but I did not get the feeling that they liked me very much. And they did not like that I was asking for the items that were listed as being complimentary for every guest (the bottle of rum and the beach bag).
And lastly, a major problem for me, was the fact that some of the guests for whatever reason have their own personal concierge. I think it was because they are members of the resort but it was made very clear that they had first priority and the full attention of the staff. (which is also why it came across that I was a thorn in their side whenever I needed something).

Overall, I loved this resort, the food options were excellent, our destination wedding was amazing, and the resort itself was breathtaking. I have never been to a resort, that gives you free access to the spa amenities, does your laundry (like you were sending it to a dry cleaner), and was limited in size to the point where it was truly a peaceful serene vacation. The only downfall to the overall resort was the issue of mosquitoes. However, the resort supplies each room with the good quality (OFF) bug spray to combat the issue.

With people like
Anny Kerry and Yeinni (Jamie) - in charge of our wedding
Omar and Felix - top servers in the restaurants
Anjelo - our favorite bartender
and top notch chef's

This resort is definitely in a class of its own.

Room Tip: The swim out agua rooms are amazing, but we stayed in the Junior Deluxe ocean front and we would not...
2 Thank Tripleb2014
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with other travelers around the world, regarding to your recent visit to our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana.

It is great to hear that you and your wife really enjoyed your stay with us and that my team exceed all your needs. It is gratifying to hear that you enjoyed you wedding. We highly appreciate you experienced how we pamper our guests and how we take care of them. In fact, exceeding the expectations of our visitors is our motivation keyword.

Our phrase is "Welcome Home" because we want that all our guest feel Zoetry as their home away from home and Im really glad that we made you feel that way.

We remain at your disposal for any request to come and we look forward to welcoming you very soon for a new Zoëtry experience and congratulations once again.

Lionel Gomez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Warrington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were lucky that the previous wedding coordinator was no longer employed at the resort. After months of extremely slow email replies, we were fortunate to have Anny Kerry take over as the wedding coordinator. Anny responded quickly to emails and made herself available to us before, during, and even after our big day. In fact, Anny went out of her way to ensure that we were happy with all details of the rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, and reception (in addition to ceremony). Although all staff were friendly, we felt Anny's desire to accommodate us was sincere and genuine.

Although the Mosquitos were a factor, Anny coordinated a fumigation of our wedding ceremony location prior to the event, which did help to decrease the issue. Also, each room was supplied with bug spray.

Overall, it was a beautiful location with amazing beach views and excellent, healthy food options. This was the perfect destination for our wedding.

Room Tip: The oceanfront deluxe room really has amazing views and personal space with a private pool.

Dear Kate,

I am extremely grateful for the time devoted to leave us such positive comments that motivate us to continue to offer a unique and impeccable service. I have the pleasure to share these notes with the whole team and especially Zoëtry Agua people.

Offering an extraordinary experience is our mission and through the efforts of each of our members , we have failed to meet their expectations and what is even better , we have overcome conducting optimal care ... even in the tiniest details !

Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana is undoubtedly a lovely paradise that amazes everyone that he is staying. Our Resort boasts a perfect combination of being and harmony where you live unique sensations and emotions ... that's our lifestyle ...

We are glad to know they enjoyed a fabulous experience for your wedding and hope you come back to our hidden paradise in the caribbean to create unforgettable memories in this his Caribbean home!

Namaste,

Warrington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2014

At times the food service is slow, however with servers like Omar and Felix it was one of the best vacations that my family has ever taken. This was the only all-inclusive that did not have a buffet and everything was amazing. The selection, and the room service was different at each restaurant and they tried to change their menus in order to keep you from getting bored with the same foods. I loved it and again need to say that with great servers it made the experience even better.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent but the ocean front rooms with their own hot tub pools were a great t...

Dear Ben,

Thank you very much for the time you spent to share your comments. We are pleased to know that the service provided by our staff was excellent throughout your stay.

We focus on personalized treatment for each client and the team strives to bring this about. Also appreciate your comments as detailed on their experience Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana is our goal to provide the best service to our guests and gain their trust.

We hope your visit to our hidden paradise very soon!

Namasté

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Zoetry was a really nice place on paper, but failed in many aspects to be a positive resort. First of all, because the area surrounding the resort is very boggy, the mosquitoes were almost unbearable. While they responded well enough to bug spray, if you forgot it on your way to dinner, there would be a swarm of them around you within 30 seconds of walking outside.

The food in the restaurants was good, but every meal takes at least an hour and a half and the wait staff was not very attentive to the guests needs. several times we got room service after dinner because we spent so long at the restaurant and the portions were small.

The bartenders were very slow at every bar, and each bartender made the drinks differently, so some were good and some were almost undrinkable. Also, the pools and pool bars close at 6pm, which was surprisingly early. We ended up in our room very early because the only open bar was the lobby bar, which was very far inland, making it very hot and uncomfortable.

Several of the perks promised on the website (like a beach bag made by locals) were unavailable. Almost every time you called the front desk they seemed to give you the run around. The laundry service is supposed to take 24 hours to complete, so we put our laundry in at 8:00 am on the day before we left. After calling several times the following morning we finally got our laundry at 11:20 (10 minutes before our transport to the airport was to leave), and it was still wet.

There were also several issues with the room. The water in the shower smelled mildly of sewage, and the shower drained very slowly. They didn't stock the room with soap, shampoo, conditioner or washcloths. Several hours after calling the front desk, some of these items were delivered. Some of the people in our group had rooms where the AC didn't work, others had issues with the showers, while the phones in other's didn't work.

The beach and the ocean were the best part. The sand was very soft and generally clean. There were several reefs within 50 feet of the shoreline that were a blast to explore. The rental snorkeling masks ($20 deposit that was returned when finished with the mask) worked well, as did the kayaks (free). There is also a catamaran that we took out for a ride in the waves that was really fun. The pools were clean and comfortable, and at most times of the day, at least one of them had some shade, so you could choose to be in the sun or the shade.

I would love to return to the Dominican Republic, but I will steer clear of this and any sister resorts.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
21 Thank Anonymous6748
Taigüey: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us in regards to your stay among us.

Your feedback concerning the service you received at our premises are very important to us. We want guests to enjoy their stay at our Zoetry Agua, so your report of an unpleasant experience with some department is a serious concern for us.

Let us express our deepest apologies. We regret to hear from your review that your expectations were not met on this occasion and wish we could have done more to make your vacation more comfortable. I have taken the liberty of sharing all your feedback with the relevant Heads of Department to ensure that your points are addressed, corrective action have been taken especially regarding the food.

Our main aim is to offer a special treat to our visitors by providing them more focused services and playing our part to ensure that we will go beyond your expectations!

We look forward to serving you more efficiently in the future. Again, and on the behalf of the entire Staff, I would like to express our sincere apologies.

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've been home two days and am already planning to return next May. What an amazing place! Being a smaller resort on the northern most edge of resorts, this place promises relaxation and it delivers! There are several staff members alert to find ways they can make your stay the best. One day while walking past the swim up bar, I grabbed a banana and commented on how much I liked bananas. Within an hour a fruit plate was delivered to my room with extra bananas on it. That's customer service! The snorkeling right off of the beach was great. Even better than the excursion I went on. Room service was prompt and a treat. The food was amazing...the shrimp cerviche, fresh guacamole and salsa were my lunch many days. The started in a garden view room and upgraded to an ocean view room. Worth every penny of the upgrade! Room 221 was perfect! It was like having my own ocean front luxury tree house. I can't wait to go back again! One travel tip I would offer for those headed there though is to beware of the room safe. As a security measure the safes are connected to the door locks. If you leave your room and leave the safe open, you will be locked out of your room and have to have security let you in. This is to prevent housekeeping and maintenance from being in your room when the safe is accidentally left open. Wish I'd known that before arriving.

Room Tip: Ocean view is absolutely worth the money...ask for 2nd floor to enjoy the thatched roofs and great v...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Janet P
Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun

Dear Janet,

I am thrilled to read your review, and on the behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you personally for expressing your satisfaction regarding your stay among us.

As you mentioned this is the perfect place for a "Dream Vacation" With his relaxing atmosphere, his culinary experience, his wellness focus and his kind employees, Zoetry Agua focus on a personal treatment, and the hotel size helps us to get a close attention to our guest.

If you enjoyed to the fullest your vacations, then your memories are the best award for us...Hopefully on your next visit, we can create new memories, by surprising your with new concepts and a more dedicated service.

Again thank you so much for those great comments.

Namasté

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful Grounds,beautiful beach,friendly staff.
We have first stayed in the old part of tge resort ,however we had to ask for the room to be fumigated after a day as it was full of ants-they were actually on the bed-couldn't sleep for 2days.
On top of that there were mosquitos everywhere -I was so bitten that I was using spirits from the fridge to stop the itching-and not kidding.
However,even after the room has been fumigated,we had to ask to change rooms-which was easily done.we have moved to a pool view room in the new section where we havent had any probs with insects.
Staff is all over the place-friendly but they have no clue what they have to do-it s not their fault -is their Management fault!!
There are 4restaurants -and all have same -no fresh vegetables available ,fruits also different every day but not many available ,salty food or tasteless-not sure how they are saying that is a well known Chef as anyone could cook better.
deserts only 4 ,for all restaurants and few times had to return it as they were OFF!
Was no fresh cooking at all as plates were coming straight from the fridge and put to microwave-confirmed by members of staff as they were tired of covering up for Management and Chef which are best friends and they are not having the tourists interests at all.
The Spa area is nice to use in the evening however not very clean and jacuzzi never works!
The gym area full of dust and mosquitos.
Staff is trying to keep everyone happy however they don t have necessary resources to be able to help and no help at all from the top-is noone to manage the staff and they just feel lost.
Holiday too expensive for the services offered.
Overall ,beach is nice and clean,grounds beautiful,food awful,staff trying their best,too expensive!!!

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank Ramona Elena R
Taigüey: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Ms. Ramona,

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I held my wedding at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana a little over two weeks ago and everything was fantastic! My husband and I visited Zoetry for the first time last May followed by a visit to Paradisus. After our visits to these two resorts it was easy to decide which resort we would have our wedding at. The things I love about Zoetry:

The resort is small enough to walk from place to place – no trollies to catch!
You get a complimentary 20 minute massage! I can’t think of a better way to start off a vacation.
No reservations. I don’t want to have to leave the beach or the pool earlier than I would like because I have a dinner reservation to make.
The food is great!
The staff is very attentive. Again, it is a small resort so by day 2 most of the staff knows you and vice versa
The resort and rooms are beautiful!

Being a guest at a resort and planning a wedding at a resort are two different things. I was worried about how my guests were going to like the resort (especially the kids since this resort does cater more to adults/couples) and if my wedding events were going to turn out as I had imagined.
My guests all loved it! At the end of our stay we joked that we should renew our vows every year and we can all come back. Most of the adults took advantage of the amazing spa, including myself. I started out my wedding vacation with a 70 minute couples massage with my husband. It was just what I needed after all of the wedding stress and traveling. The kids had a great time playing at the beach and the pool, horseback riding, and frequenting the ice cream bar. As the bride at a destination wedding it was important to me to spend time with all of our guests who came down to celebrate with us. This was extraordinarily easy at Zoetry. Every morning I would wake up and take a walk around Zoetry. By the time I made it back to my room I had seen most of my guests either eating breakfast at one of the restaurants, hanging out on their balcony or patio, or relaxing at the beach or pool.
My wedding was everything I had wanted it to be. One of the things I love about Zoetry from a wedding perspective is that they reserve the whole WEEK for you. It’s not like some of the other resorts where they have 4 or 5 weddings a day. It makes your day that much more special. Anny Kerry was my wedding coordinator and she did a wonderful job! Anny provided me with a budget sheet early on in the planning process that allowed me to see the total price of the wedding with all of the additions calculated in. There were no surprises at checkout so the budget sheet was fairly accurate. I emailed Anny pictures of things that I liked (ceremony setup, cake, centerpieces, etc.) and Anny did a great job of creating my vision. We also brought a number of items for the wedding down with us and Anny made herself available to meet with us and go over the details for all of the items. Just like the rest of the staff at Zoetry, Anny made herself available to us any time that we needed her.
Willyn was our concierge for our stay and he went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. When there was an issue with our air conditioning, which he assured us would be fixed the next day, he gave us keys to a room nearby to sleep in so that we weren’t uncomfortable. The air conditioning was in fact fixed the next day and we were able to stay in our room.
Prior to the wedding I needed to get my nails done and did not have time before our departure to the DR. Since Zoetry is a smaller resort, they were not able to do what I wanted so Anny arranged for me to travel to one of their sister resorts, Dreams, to get my nails done. Zoetry arranged and paid for my travel to and from Dreams. Hair and makeup was done at Zoetry. I was provided a trial hair and makeup session prior to the wedding day – my hair was amazing! All of my bridesmaids got their hair done at the salon for the wedding as well and everyone’s hair looked great!
A rehearsal was included as part of the wedding package – which is not included in a lot of destination wedding packages. We were able to choose which section of the beach we wanted to have the ceremony and we even created a unique entrance where the bridal party walked in over one of the bridges before actually walking down the aisle. If we weren’t allotted time for a rehearsal we never would have had the chance to come up with that idea. A rehearsal dinner was also included, which we called a welcome dinner since all of our guests were invited. We had this at Olena. The food was great, as always, but Olena does not have air conditioning and it was very hot inside. This is obviously not anyone’s fault, just a precaution if you are planning on having your wedding at Zoetry. Olena was actually my choice for a reception venue, but my husband had different ideas. After the welcome dinner I was glad I was not in there in my wedding dress or it would have been very uncomfortable. We had our ceremony on the beach which was beautiful. We had a special knot tying ceremony planned to happen during the wedding ceremony and Anny made sure that the officiant knew when this ceremony would take place. We held our cocktail hour immediately after the ceremony at Indigo. I did not get to enjoy the cocktail hour since I had planned to do pictures during this time, but Omar was kind enough to bring some appetizers down to the beach for the bridal party and they were delicious. The reception was then held at Amaya. The service was great, food was amazing, and Anny made sure everything was set up exactly how I wanted it. We opted for the DJ as entertainment after the meal and I also hired a cigar roller as a wedding present for my husband. The women enjoyed dancing while the men enjoyed cigars. It was a great evening!

If you are a bride or groom looking for the perfect spot in the Dominican Republic to have your wedding I would highly recommend Zoetry.

4 Thank ChandyLynne
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for taking your time in posting this delightful review on Trip Advisor, but more than anything thank you very much for making Zoetry Agua Punta Cana part of the most important day in your life. It was a pleasure for us to have you here.

It is important for us to know that you went back home with a suitcase full of great memories about this day and that our staff made everything possible to make it even more special for you and your guests.

We hope to have you back here for the anniversary and once again congratulations on your recent marriage.