“LOVE THIS PLACE”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've stayed here twice (Feb2010 and Jun2012). I rarely travel to the same location twice because their are so many places I want to go I feel like there's no time to hit the same place twice, but I LOVE Punta Cana. This is one of my favorite hotels! The staff is EXTREMELY friendly. Everyone seems genuinely happy and courteous. Both times I was there some of the staff actually took us out after they got off work. The food was excellent. The property is beautiful. Unlike the majority of the other MEGA all-inclusive hotels, this is a small boutique hotel that caters to the guests. I hate those huge hotels that take 10 minutes and a ride to get to the beach or to the restaurants. The beach and everything you need is just a short walk away from your room (wherever your room is). This is a place for rest and relaxation. You won't be bothered by loud rowdy guest, or unruly kids running around, and the beach is overcrowded with hundreds of people fighting for a little corner of sand. I love this place, I only hope it is the same as I left it a couple of years ago because I will be back at the end of the month!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brand-e-see
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased that you and your partner enjoyed your stay at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. We are glad that we are accomplishing our goals and satisfying our clients expectations. We appreciate your review because it encourage us to keep doing the good work.

We hope to see you very soon on your next trip.

Lionel Gomez

Write a ReviewReviews (4,388)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I cannot say enough things about Zoetry. My husband and I were there in May for our ten-day honeymoon. We had a room in the newer section that walked out to the pool, making it even easier to relax and be lazy. We didn’t do much but eat, drink and lay by the beautiful beaches and pools, but I did enjoy a spa day. I purchased the Welcome Zoetry package and had the best spa treatment. After, I was done; they allowed me to call my husband to enjoy a bottle of champagne, and the Jacuzzi.

The food and the staff at Zoetry is the reason we give the resort 5 starts. Louis, Georgiana, Yanna, Julia, Frank and especially Omar recognized us every day and made it a point to make sure our time there was special. Georgiana, greeted us each morning and checked back with us at lunch. Omar, would just cotinine to bring plates of amazing food each night and our last day presented us with our own special lunch on the beach. We have never felt more welcomed anywhere.

I would recommend Zoetry to anyone. Plan to go there to relax and allow wonderful people to take care of you.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms that walkout to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth R

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for recommend our wondrous Paradise and for taking time to write a comment about your stay at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana.

We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us, and will be more than a pleasure to have you back in the Center of Peace!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband & I stayed at Zoetry Agua from June 27-July 2. I will preface my review by saying that we spent our honeymoon at Zoetry Paraiso & had very high expectations for this resort. It did not fall short of our expectations!

Before I even begin discussing the actual resort, I must first mention Anny Kerry, the reservations manager at Zoetry Agua. I was not able to use a travel agent to book our stay, but I had no worries because Anny made sure everything was perfect! Anny & I only communicated via email before our stay. She was always quick to respond, polite, & professional. If you have any question about your stay, you need to talk to Anny. She is absolutely wonderful! I cannot speak highly enough of her.

Transfer to resort:
We chose to do the private transfer from the airport to the resort. It was great! It was nice to get into a cooled van after being in the hot, open-air airport. The ride was exactly 40 minutes. It was a good ride, but the new road has some serious speed bumps on it. We also did the private transfer back to the airport. The second trip was just as good as the first, but our drivers were slightly more entertaining on our way home.

Check-in/Arrival:
This process took less than 5 minutes. Before even getting totally out of the van, you are given a cool towel & then a glass of champagne once you get to the reception desk. A few signatures later & we were on our way. Francesco (we think that was his name) gave us a quick, but thorough tour of the resort. We got to our room, which, to our surprise, was a swim-up room, right out from the new swim-up bar. We had booked a garden view junior suite. After hanging out in our room for a little while, Francesco (?) frantically came back in & told us that the air conditioning unit was too loud, the bugs were too bad, there was no breeze, etc, etc, on the bottom floor room & we were promptly shuffled to the second floor room right above our first room. Weird. They definitely put us in the wrong room. Oops! Not a problem though. We had the exact same room on the second flood, just no swim-up part. The view was perfect – mostly of the pool & grounds, but you could see the ocean & beach between the buildings!

Room:
Room 266. On the map of the resort, we were in building 17. Second floor. King bed that was very comfortable. Pretty much everything was great! I have already mentioned the view. The only real issue we had with our room was the shower drain. I stepped on it once, then my husband stepped on it… it ended up being pushed down a few inches below the tile. Not a problem, just kind of a pain to have to be cautious not to step on it. The window in the small toilet room is just a slotted window with a screen. It got a little warm in there, so we just kept the door shut for the most part. The AC worked great. No issues with bugs like others have had, but sometimes if we left our room service food in the “secret window”, as they called it, the ants would find it. There was a very nice steamer in the room if you must steam your own clothes. Great hair-dryer & iPod dock, too. While at Zoetry Paraiso, we fell in love with the Bvlgari amenities. Those are also used here.

Housekeeping:
They were always great! I swear they watched us because they always came in while we were gone. We did leave them a few notes & requested certain mini-fridge items & toiletries, but we also did leave them a tip most days. I think that helped because our fridge & toiletries were always restocked & plentiful! Typical mini-fridge items: regular & light Coca Cola, Sprite, Presidente Light & Regular, juices, small liquor bottles, wine, water, etc. We also had several snack items. Mostly granola & Pringles. The flowers were also a nice touch!

Bugs:
Please read. I know it stinks & is sticky & gross, but… WEAR THE BUG SPRAY!!!! I cannot tell you how bad the bugs were. They would literally swarm you the moment you stepped out the door. They were bad at all hours of the day. They provide you with a bottle of spray in your room, but it is available just about anywhere you go on the resort. Wear. The. Bug. Spray!!

Spa:
We did the complimentary massages. 20 minutes of greatness! Do it! My husband also chose to do an extra scalp massage & he says it was great. Doris & Olga were wonderful!

Room Service:
We used room service several times. The meals, for the most part, were accurate & always delicious! I can only think of one time when our order was slightly off. We received hot chocolate instead of cold chocolate milk. Not a big deal at all! Room service always arrived within 30 minutes. They always called shortly after we finished eating to make sure everything was great. Once you finished eating, there was a little window that you could place your plates & leftovers in. They would come by & get it later.

I have to mention here that one night at dinner, I was not feeling so well & decided I could not make it through the meal. My husband asked for our food to be sent up via room service & of course they were fine with that! I wish I could remember the man’s name who my husband spoke with at Piragua, but he was so great! He even checked on me the next day to make sure I was feeling better. Now that’s service!

Laundry Service:
We used the laundry service twice. The first time our clothes were brought back right at 24 hours. The second time took a little longer, but we were not in a huge hurry, so it was fine.

Restaurants & Bars:
Caicu/Swim-up Bar: The bartender, Gilberto, was such a hard worker & an amazing bartender! He would make any drink you could imagine & it would be delicious! Never once had a bad drink while he was bartending. He definitely made the vibe at the swim-up bar so fun with his positive & enthusiastic personality! I cannot say enough great things about Gilberto. Many times when we would walk by he would want a fist bump & just want to check in on our day. He is definitely a major asset to Zoetry Agua!

They had all kinds of liquors you could imagine, including top shelf choices. Also, there is an ice-cream freezer behind the bar. Gilberto or another bartender will fix the ice cream for you.

Lobby Bar:
We did not go to the lobby bar. We were on the far side of the resort compared to the lobby, so we didn’t make it there. Oops!

Olena:
We only had dinner here once. The food was great. Service was great. But, the chairs were leather & pretty darn hot!

Piragua:
Dinner here was great. Unfortunately, the menu was the same each of the three times we ate here. Bummer. We ate outside here twice. The first time was great. The second time, the bugs were horrible & the service was very slow due to a busy night at the resort. We did try to eat here once for breakfast, but it was closed.

Amaya:
We only ate breakfast here twice. The menu was the same each day. Service was always good. Food was also good.

Indigo:
We loved Indigo!! We had it for lunch almost every day. The menu was the same every day except for the first. But, they would make or get you whatever you would like, whether it is on the menu or not. Service was always great & food was always good! The bar there was good, but we usually stayed closer to the swim-up bar.

We never had a bad meal while at Zoetry Agua! We did have several repeat meals, but they were always good! One piece of food advice… try the soups! They’re always really good!

Also, dress code at the restaurants… for men, it says pants, closed-toe shoes, and dress shirts. My husband wore polo shirts, sandals, & even shorts to some of the restaurant. But, the pants might be better to keep the bugs away.

Wait Staff:
I am going to mention a few employees who were constants throughout our trip. You will find that many of these employees arrive in the morning for breakfast & work all day through & then at dinner. I want to give Daniel a special shout-out. I think he was with us every meal that we ate at a restaurant with the exception of maybe one or two. What a wonderful waiter he was! We will miss him! Yanna sat us many times. She was so funny & sweet! We enjoyed Josias’ waiting the first few nights, but he was off for the end of our trip. Fray was always around, too. Although he may not have been our true waiter, he always checked on us. The employees were always friendly & professional. We will truly miss their attentiveness!

Beach:
The beach is great! The sand is very soft. You can easily snorkel on your own right off of the beach. You can “rent” snorkel gear for a $20 deposit. I took my own goggles & didn’t bother with the fins. It was so nice to go out & see all kinds of sea life just feet off of the shore! The sand gets very hot in the afternoons, so make sure you always have your flip-flops or you will be high-steppin’! There were always plenty of chairs or loungers to pick from. You could also walk in either direction. Beautiful.

Grounds:
The grounds were very well kept. The grass could pass for carpet. There was constantly someone working on something somewhere to improve the grounds.

Pools:
The main pool (older pool) was nice & almost always quiet. There were rarely people there during our stay. The trees in the pool provide some good shade. It was very peaceful.

The newer pool where the swim-up bar is was usually a little more lively. I am sure the bar helped draw more people to the newer pool. There was usually music playing or some kind of sporting event on TV. It was so nice to watch the World Cup at the bar during our stay.

Other stuff:
The daily newsletter (Sundial) was very helpful. Only once did we find that a restaurant listed as open for breakfast was actually closed. It was so nice to know what was going on at the resort.

There was a wedding party there at the beginning of our stay & they took up a large majority of the resort. They did have some kids & infants with them. Once they all left, the resort was so quiet. Not saying they were loud or anything, there were just a lot of them! We were told there were only about 75 people on the resort after the wedding party left. Several of the people we met had either been at Dreams & did not like it or had been upgraded to Zoetry. Lucky them!

Saturday & Sunday were very busy. By Monday morning, the resort was pretty desolate, which is absolutely not a complaint!!

If you are looking for a totally relaxing & chill vacation, this is your spot!! If you like to party, do all kinds of activities, drink all night, etc… look somewhere else! This is not the place for you.

Would I recommend this resort? YES! 100%. Again & again! I would recommend any Zoetry property to anyone, even though I have only been to two. You just cannot beat the genuine care these people have for their guests.

3  Thank Melissa B

Taigüey: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Melissa,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you have dedicated to share your valuable review with the other travelers on TripAdvisor. It pleased us greatly to hear that all your wishes regarding your stay were meet.

We truly appreciate your comments about the staff service and I can persuaded that all of them are the best part of staying with us…

I hope we have the pleasure of having you and your family stay with us again soon for another Zoëtry Experience.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Overall I would have to say that this resort is definitely the best all-inclusive resort that my wife and I have stayed in on any of our vacations.

In order to be fair I will break down my review into categories: Food service, Rooms, Activities, Destination Weddings, and Customer Service.

Food Service - the service was slow in the restaurants. We had our wedding at the resort and book 19 of the 51 rooms that the resort has to offer. With that being said, I do not believe that the resort was ready to accommodate such a large wedding party.Sometimes, the orders came out incorrectly and other times they just were extremely slow in bringing out the food or in being attentive in refilling your drinks during the meal itself. However, with servers like Omar and Felix, you really did have the feeling that the wait staff really wanted to ensure that you had a pleasant experience at each venue. They were great and it really made the wait enjoyable. Also, even the bartenders seemed to be overwhelmed with the size of our party but their pleasant demeanor really made up for the extended wait.

Rooms - All of the rooms were Excellent!. They all had magnificent views and were almost perfect. however, the only problem is that some of the rooms did have a completely different feel for how their A/C's worked. Some rooms were very cool and others were borderline uncomfortable as far as the temperature. The showers, in some rooms were perfect, while in my own room, the water was luke warm at its hottest setting, but they all took a long time to drain. We were lucky to be in a room that the shower went into a tub and the slow drain process did not cause any problems to the room. While other rooms the bathroom started to cause small issues of flooding (after the 2nd persons shower). Also, at times when we flushed the toilet, it would cause water to shoot up out of the dual vanity sinks. And lastly, during our 10 day stay, we experienced and our guest experienced an unpleasant sewage smell coming from the water in the room. (I guess thats why you do not drink the water here). As far as drinking water, they were excellent in keeping the rooms well stocked with bottled water.

Activities - Although the resort seemed to be a resort for peace and quiet they do have some activities for the guests to enjoy. When I arrived the catamaran was out of service but after I spoke to the front desk and the guy in charge of the catamaran, they had it up and running the next day. We really enjoyed the top notch snorkeling, sailing, and kayaking that the resort had to offer. It really made the day fly by.

Destination Wedding - My wife already reviewed the resort for the details of the destination wedding so I will keep this to the overall perspective of the review. Overall, I believe that with a small wedding party, Zoetry Agua is the quintessential location for a destination wedding. However, we had 37 people including ourselves in the wedding party, and the resort was not ready for such a large party. However, I completely agree with my wife when she says that having Anny Kerry the reservation manager and now wedding planner in charge of our big day was the best thing that could have happened for us. She was extremely sincere when she stated that she really wanted our day to be perfect. And she made sure that she stayed on top of every detail to make the day happen without a glitch. I am thankful that she is in charge of this part of the resort. She has a great demeanor and was really pleasant to work with.

Customer Service - With this resort being the nicest all-inclusive resort that my wife and I have visited, there were some minor problems with the customer service aspect of the resort.
First, this was the only resort where it seemed to have a major language barrier for the guests if they could not speak Spanish. Every other resort that we have traveled to, the staff spoke fluently in multiple languages and were really helpful in that regard.
Second, when I went to the front desk to double check issues, or ask questions about things with the resort, I got the impression from some of the people that I was a thorn in their side. They tried their best to take care of the problems but I did not get the feeling that they liked me very much. And they did not like that I was asking for the items that were listed as being complimentary for every guest (the bottle of rum and the beach bag).
And lastly, a major problem for me, was the fact that some of the guests for whatever reason have their own personal concierge. I think it was because they are members of the resort but it was made very clear that they had first priority and the full attention of the staff. (which is also why it came across that I was a thorn in their side whenever I needed something).

Overall, I loved this resort, the food options were excellent, our destination wedding was amazing, and the resort itself was breathtaking. I have never been to a resort, that gives you free access to the spa amenities, does your laundry (like you were sending it to a dry cleaner), and was limited in size to the point where it was truly a peaceful serene vacation. The only downfall to the overall resort was the issue of mosquitoes. However, the resort supplies each room with the good quality (OFF) bug spray to combat the issue.

With people like
Anny Kerry and Yeinni (Jamie) - in charge of our wedding
Omar and Felix - top servers in the restaurants
Anjelo - our favorite bartender
and top notch chef's

This resort is definitely in a class of its own.

Room Tip: The swim out agua rooms are amazing, but we stayed in the Junior Deluxe ocean front and we would not...
2  Thank Tripleb2014

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with other travelers around the world, regarding to your recent visit to our Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana.

It is great to hear that you and your wife really enjoyed your stay with us and that my team exceed all your needs. It is gratifying to hear that you enjoyed you wedding. We highly appreciate you experienced how we pamper our guests and how we take care of them. In fact, exceeding the expectations of our visitors is our motivation keyword.

Our phrase is "Welcome Home" because we want that all our guest feel Zoetry as their home away from home and Im really glad that we made you feel that way.

We remain at your disposal for any request to come and we look forward to welcoming you very soon for a new Zoëtry experience and congratulations once again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were lucky that the previous wedding coordinator was no longer employed at the resort. After months of extremely slow email replies, we were fortunate to have Anny Kerry take over as the wedding coordinator. Anny responded quickly to emails and made herself available to us before, during, and even after our big day. In fact, Anny went out of her way to ensure that we were happy with all details of the rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, and reception (in addition to ceremony). Although all staff were friendly, we felt Anny's desire to accommodate us was sincere and genuine.

Although the Mosquitos were a factor, Anny coordinated a fumigation of our wedding ceremony location prior to the event, which did help to decrease the issue. Also, each room was supplied with bug spray.

Overall, it was a beautiful location with amazing beach views and excellent, healthy food options. This was the perfect destination for our wedding.

Room Tip: The oceanfront deluxe room really has amazing views and personal space with a private pool.

Dear Kate,

I am extremely grateful for the time devoted to leave us such positive comments that motivate us to continue to offer a unique and impeccable service. I have the pleasure to share these notes with the whole team and especially Zoëtry Agua people.

Offering an extraordinary experience is our mission and through the efforts of each of our members , we have failed to meet their expectations and what is even better , we have overcome conducting optimal care ... even in the tiniest details !

Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana is undoubtedly a lovely paradise that amazes everyone that he is staying. Our Resort boasts a perfect combination of being and harmony where you live unique sensations and emotions ... that's our lifestyle ...

We are glad to know they enjoyed a fabulous experience for your wedding and hope you come back to our hidden paradise in the caribbean to create unforgettable memories in this his Caribbean home!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

At times the food service is slow, however with servers like Omar and Felix it was one of the best vacations that my family has ever taken. This was the only all-inclusive that did not have a buffet and everything was amazing. The selection, and the room service was different at each restaurant and they tried to change their menus in order to keep you from getting bored with the same foods. I loved it and again need to say that with great servers it made the experience even better.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent but the ocean front rooms with their own hot tub pools were a great t...

Dear Ben,

Thank you very much for the time you spent to share your comments. We are pleased to know that the service provided by our staff was excellent throughout your stay.

We focus on personalized treatment for each client and the team strives to bring this about. Also appreciate your comments as detailed on their experience Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana is our goal to provide the best service to our guests and gain their trust.

We hope your visit to our hidden paradise very soon!

Namasté

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Zoetry was a really nice place on paper, but failed in many aspects to be a positive resort. First of all, because the area surrounding the resort is very boggy, the mosquitoes were almost unbearable. While they responded well enough to bug spray, if you forgot it on your way to dinner, there would be a swarm of them around you within 30 seconds of walking outside.

The food in the restaurants was good, but every meal takes at least an hour and a half and the wait staff was not very attentive to the guests needs. several times we got room service after dinner because we spent so long at the restaurant and the portions were small.

The bartenders were very slow at every bar, and each bartender made the drinks differently, so some were good and some were almost undrinkable. Also, the pools and pool bars close at 6pm, which was surprisingly early. We ended up in our room very early because the only open bar was the lobby bar, which was very far inland, making it very hot and uncomfortable.

Several of the perks promised on the website (like a beach bag made by locals) were unavailable. Almost every time you called the front desk they seemed to give you the run around. The laundry service is supposed to take 24 hours to complete, so we put our laundry in at 8:00 am on the day before we left. After calling several times the following morning we finally got our laundry at 11:20 (10 minutes before our transport to the airport was to leave), and it was still wet.

There were also several issues with the room. The water in the shower smelled mildly of sewage, and the shower drained very slowly. They didn't stock the room with soap, shampoo, conditioner or washcloths. Several hours after calling the front desk, some of these items were delivered. Some of the people in our group had rooms where the AC didn't work, others had issues with the showers, while the phones in other's didn't work.

The beach and the ocean were the best part. The sand was very soft and generally clean. There were several reefs within 50 feet of the shoreline that were a blast to explore. The rental snorkeling masks ($20 deposit that was returned when finished with the mask) worked well, as did the kayaks (free). There is also a catamaran that we took out for a ride in the waves that was really fun. The pools were clean and comfortable, and at most times of the day, at least one of them had some shade, so you could choose to be in the sun or the shade.

I would love to return to the Dominican Republic, but I will steer clear of this and any sister resorts.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
21  Thank Anonymous6748

Taigüey: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us in regards to your stay among us.

Your feedback concerning the service you received at our premises are very important to us. We want guests to enjoy their stay at our Zoetry Agua, so your report of an unpleasant experience with some department is a serious concern for us.

Let us express our deepest apologies. We regret to hear from your review that your expectations were not met on this occasion and wish we could have done more to make your vacation more comfortable. I have taken the liberty of sharing all your feedback with the relevant Heads of Department to ensure that your points are addressed, corrective action have been taken especially regarding the food.

Our main aim is to offer a special treat to our visitors by providing them more focused services and playing our part to ensure that we will go beyond your expectations!

We look forward to serving you more efficiently in the future. Again, and on the behalf of the entire Staff, I would like to express our sincere apologies.