“A Spectacular, Unique & Special Place”

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana was one of the Best vacations my husband and I have taken. The memories from Zoetry will be forever cherished! We travel many times a year, and would definitely Recommend this location to anyone wishing for a great Caribbean Vacation. We plan to visit again. This is certainly a Five Star Resort! First, we are greeted with our personal Concierge, Willyn, Willie spoiled us the entire week, from the moment we arrived until the moment we departed. From making arrangements to Scuba Dive, scheduling private dinners on the beach, making Spa appointments, introducing us to the Chef and other staff members to make sure our stay was the most comfortable and relaxing experience. He checked on us daily, doing everything we asked, and more. He was friendly and always greeted us with a smile. It was truly his pleasure to take care of us, you could tell by his actions. Thank you Willyn. Words can't say enough.

It's truly an all inclusive Resort. Most of the staff is Multi-Lingual, speaking English, Spanish, French and German. We had a beachfront suite. It was clean, beautiful, spacious, comfortable, cool and had the Caribbean theme to the room. We had flowers and rose petals daily and our favorite wine waiting for us. The Balcony had the most amazing view, a great table to have breakfast, and a relaxing Cabana to read my book and enjoy the views. Room service is available 24/7. The food was always delivered in a timely manner. Anytime you wanted a drink, a cocktail, a snack, they delivered! Housekeeping Service was also excellent. On occasion, we would encounter the ladies in our room turning down the bed and leaving our room pretty, but this did not bother us at all, we appreciate their hard work and dedication.

The resort and grounds itself - immaculate. The landscaping, pools, lazy river, and beach front was all breathtakingly beautiful. Just look at the pictures, it's even more beautiful in person.

Most of the time, it was very quiet and relaxing. On our final evening, we heard loud music coming from a home by Zoetry. It was a loud Disco Party and the noise did not stop until 2:00 a.m. This had to disrupt many people. I don't believe Zoetry had any control over this party and the loud techno-disco music.

Spa treatments: facial and massage was very good.

The beach: Always clean, beautiful water, great to swim or snorkel around the rocks and see the small fish. Plenty of room to sit and relax, and the staff checked on us regularly for food and drink service. We were pleased.

If I had to say what we liked least about our experience, it would be the horseback riding on the beach. The horses were very skinny and did not look healthy. Some of them were eat up with ticks and bugs and my husband received several bites on his legs. I just felt so sorry for the horses that it was hard to enjoy the ride. I must say, when I told our leader I liked his horse better, he traded me horses, and then my ride was wonderful. His horse was healthy and full of life.

The Food: The restaurants and service was excellent. Omar and Lonnie, you always took care of my husband and I, remembered our names, our favorite drinks, and we appreciated it. The food was always delicious with a wide variety of healthy choices. From great local seafood to healthy greens. It was a pleasure to meet the Chef from Indigo as well. He personally came to our table to meet and talk with us.

The Pool Bar: Gilberto, he is there everyday to make you drinks and make you happy. He is a great Bartender and takes great pride in his job. My favorite spot to hang out!

Even though I mentioned a few of our favorite employees, everyone did a great job and took care of us. Be prepared to tip those who help you and wait on you, they deserve it. I know it's not expected, but am certain it's greatly appreciated for all their hard work!

We rarely vacation to an all inclusive resort, because we like to get out and about and learn the local area. It's a perfect place for couples and honeymooners, but I think a family with children would also enjoy the stay. If you want to Relax and be spoiled, this is a great place for that. The Scuba Diving Excursion was well worth the trip and the money. Willie arranged a private driver for us and our Dive Master, Fabio. It was about a 80 minute drive to our diving location. We did get to see parts of Dominican Republic on the drive, the villages, people, towns and cathedrals. Fabio was our Dive Master and had over 30 years experience. We felt safe and in good hands. Plenty of Coral and Fish to see about 50 feet deep. My favorite Excursion!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christine G
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Taigüey: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Guests,

At first, I would like to thank you for your review, it made me happy to read your comments that really motivate us to provide our best service. I will share your kind words with our entire staff.

Zoëtry Agua is an intimate paradise where everyone finds unlimited privileges; we surprise our guests with special treats. Indeed, you will not find this unique experience on a typical all-inclusive resort because our visitors are exceptional.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and I hope we get to have you as our special guest again in the near future!

Namasté,

There are newer reviews for Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was invited to a business conference and on my arrival, I have to admit, it was a lovely surprise to meet such a beautiful hotel. They offer an excellent service, and great food. The rooms are breathtaking and grounds are beautyfull. The hotel has everything you need for a fabulous romantic experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mari M
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Taiguey: Good Day -Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

First than anything thank you for taking your time to write this review, at Zoetry we take pride in ensuring the customers satisfaction and it really pleased us is that you really loved your stay here. Our guests are the reason why we work so hard and find ways to make the experience at our hotel a unique one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to our peaceful paradise!

Namasté.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week at this lovely resort. Food was exceptional. The rooms were outstanding in there design,very comfortable. The lack of staff at the beach really let this place down,sometimes you would have to wait an hour for a waiter. The resort claims to have premium drinks in all the bars,wrong!!Also if you visit one of the restaurants and you want a certain premium drink it could take up to 15 minutes because there are no bars in the restaurants so that means the Staff have to run off somewhere to find it,very peculiar for a 5 star resort!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Brian G

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

In the name of the Zoëtry Family I want to thank you for choosing once again our hotel in this trip to Dominican Republic. It is an honor for us to receive your reviews, because this encourages us to continue improving our service and also increases our commitment to your satisfaction.

We hope to welcome you back soon at this your home away from home,

Namaste,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Quick general tips first.
1. Bring your own sunscreen. A small bottle can be $25 - $30. If you are going to be in the area very long is cheaper to check a bag than buy sunscreen on the island.
2 The guys running around in white at the airport? Let them help you thought the airport. They will help you get your bags, transport them though the airport and get you hooked up with whatever ride you have waiting. Fast simple, easy. It's worth the tip.
3. The customs guy at the airport the wants $15 to let you take you chocolate home? He'll probably take $5 if you look confused long enough. I don't know if you will really confiscate your chocolate.
4. Bugs. The bugs at the resort weren't bad and the resort provides bug spray. The bugs at the airport were terrible and I got munched on while waiting to leave. take a bug band or put on some bug spray before you go to the airport.

The resort.
Zoetry is a beautiful place. We really enjoyed our stay there. And would consider going back.
We stayed in the Caribbean Suite or the Suite Caribe. The name of the suite seems pretty fluid. I put some pictures up of our suite, but they don't really do it justice. The suite has several rooms, a detached sitting room, connected to the bedroom by a breeze way. The breeze way also connects to a private garden with lounge chairs and plunge pool. The bedroom is attached to a dressing room with your closet, safe, and sinks in it and a door to the private garden. The dressing room opens up to the outdoor bath. . and on the other side of the outdoor bath is a door to the room with the toilet in it. It sounds very complicated not that I am trying to write it down, but it flows beautifully and is a great room. It's just very difficult to take pictures of.

The food
The food was good. It's not out of this world fantastic, but it is consistently good. We really enjoyed the Dominican breakfast. The menu for breakfast was the same everyday we were there. The menu for lunch was the same everyday for the first several days and then changed a day or two before we left. Menus for dinner changed everyday and was generally changed restaurants. The service at meals was a bit inconsistent. Most of the time it was pretty good.
They have discrete calorie counts on the menus. As my husband and i are trying to reduce our weight we really appreciated this. Unfortunate they are often not connected to any sort of possible reality.A dinner entree just doesn't have 17 calories or even 17 kilo-calories. If it was one instance I could put it down to a typo and not worry about but bizarre calories counts were on virtually every menu.

The grounds, pool and beach.
The grounds are beautiful. Gardeners are out every morning early taking care of them. There is a lovely swing, and there are flowers everywhere. I have pictures of some of them set up as backgrounds on my phone.
The pools are clean and the temperatures were wonderful. Some of them need some maintenance, but they are clearly working on that so its not something to worry about much. The biggest problem with the pools is the deck around the pool next to the swim up bar. It's made out of some sort of composite decking and it's clearly new. Do not walk on it in bare feet in the middle of the day. It's hot. It's really really hot. My feet were on it for seconds and hurt for the next hour or so. I don't know if they are planning on replacing the rest of the pool decking with the same stuff but I fervently home not.
The beach is uncrowded and beautiful. When we were there the resort about half full. And the beach was about empty. It was clear though that even had they been at capacity the beach still would not have felt crowded. We walked over the neighboring resort (Excellence) their beach wasn't nearly as quiet and relaxing as Zeotry's beach. (It is worth the walk though they have a bunch of little shops on the beach just off their property where you can get souvenirs and cheap fun stuff)
You can check out a sailboat and kayaks at the beach and take them out. It's fun. But if you really want to do that sort of thing sign up for one of the excursions. The beach itself is beautiful and great to lay around on, soak up the sun, drink Coco Locos and contemplate all that is right with the world. It's not a great beach for swimming and snorkeling. There are huge coral reefs just off shore the make some activities difficult.

The service
Sigh. This really should be a five star place. The rooms and grounds demand it. The beach demands it, Everything about the screams "This is a fantastic five start place". But it's not and the reason it's not is largely the service. If they could fix the service and pay attention to the details they would elevate the resort to a whole new level. Zoetry is Amresorts premier hotel chain. Every single person working there should be at the top of their game.Otherwise they should be working down the way at Dreams, or Breathless.
OK lets start with what i expect five star service to look like. Last year we went to Disney World. We stayed and the Animal Kingdom lodge Kidani Village. That's pretty much exactly what i expect. extreme attention to detail and staff that fixes things are wrong right away, with interest.
We went on this trip for our anniversary and we stayed in the Caribbean suite so I signed up for the complmentary Art of Romance package. When we arrived they acknowledged that we had the package.
Unpacking Service for couple upon arrival. Nope didn't happen.
Large red rose floral arrangement in suite. I would assume this meant upon arrival It doesn't. And when we finally did get the arrangement it wasn't roses.
Specialty Spa Basket in Room on Arrival. Nope had to ask for it. We got it several days after arrival.
Nightly lavish turn down service - Had to remind them about this one too.
Sunrise Champagne breakfast in bed or on the terrace of the suite This happened but we had to call them to redeliver it because we didn't answer the door when they knocked. I was sitting in the front room at the time and didn't hear them knock. I really should have been able to hear them.
Romantic dinner for the couple with live music - Music wasn't live, and they forgot to turn on the lights. We ate most of our dinner but light of a phone placed over my champagne glass so we could see the forks. The food was good though.
Special turn-down service one evening with rose petals, scented oil bubble bath and the couple’s favorite drink - We had this scheduled after our romantic dinner on the beach. It wasn't ready when we got back. We had to call and remind them. I had to go get our drinks. The water in the bath was cold the person filling the bath never checked the temperature. . (The rose petals were pretty though).
Specialty couples massage (80-minute treatment) - We had this scheduled for the morning after our arrival. They lost the reservation. We rescheduled it and were told the spa was waiting for us. The spa didn't know a thing about it but scheduled us for that evening. The massage itself was great.
10% discount on all spa treatments (product purchases not included) for the couple throughout their stay - This apparently doesn't apply to facials,
So pretty much every single thing in our package was messed up one way or another if I had paid the $1500 they think the package is worth I would have been livid, as it was i was just disappointed. We talked to the front desk about much of it, but eventually gave up because talking to them about it didn't seem to make a difference. We also called our travel agent she contacted the general manager, That got the flowers to appear and promise that it would get better but it really didn't.

So not a five star place,

Now if i hadn't signed up for the package and didn't have all the expectations that came with it. The service would have seemed much better. The employees were friendly. And the service at meals was pretty good.

All that said though. For a very quiet, romantic vacation the place it great. I have recommended it to friends and family. I am not sure how many places can provide this sort of romantic intimate vacation for this price. And that makes it worth it. But don't pay for any of the packages.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Victoria G
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun!

Dear Victoria,

First of all, please let me personally thank you for taking the time to let us know your impression regarding the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. It is a real pleasure to read you had a great experience with us.

I will take note on those points you mentioned in order to improve our Services with the pacakages and I will personally take care of the problems you had with it, so I can make sure it won't happen anymore.

Please let us know when you are planning to get back to our "hidden Paradise", the entire Zoetry Team will be expecting you with a smile and some specials details to make your stay unbelievable.

Namasté

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This place was awesome!!! The food was great!! Grounds very well kept and beautiful. My wife and I will definitely be back again. I recommend this resort to everybody who loves to have a great relaxing vacation. I can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was very friendly and went above and beyond to make us happy. It was unbelievable . They never said no to anything we asked for. They always found a way to make it happen. I need to list all the people who I thought went out of there way to help make our stay one the best ever. This is the list of names starting with. hotel manager Felix, F&B manager Felix Pillier, Beverage Dalton, Richard and all the concierge staff, Eddy,Romano Suep Rene,Carlos de Jesus, Emilio Barmon Lobie Florentino and all the others on the staff I didn't list all were excellante!

Room Tip: all rooms good the beach better the pool is good to with semi ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Russell L

Taigüey / Good Day-Good Sun!

Dear Guests,

Namasté,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was the closest to Paradise not only because the rooms , the beach , the vegetation but the personnel of the hotel is what will make me and my friend to go back. I will list all of their names to thank them for going above and beyond to please and make our stay a wonderful vacation. They were all professional to the highest level. I recommend when you go to ask for them. Names are as follows: Juan Escano front desk, Dalton and Felix Pillier in charge of food and beverage, Yamie concierge, Junior the Pasillero every day he brought us towels with a great smile and eager to please,Doris Polanco the best for massage in the Spa, Ramona lovely lady, Mari from room service, Rene, Florentino, Omar and Claudio from the restaurants and I am sure I have missed some names but they were all truly amazing, This place is a true Gem to go and relax and get recharge. I give it a ten

Room Tip: I suggest the hotels facing the ocean at either location the old and the new or the rooms facing the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Taiguey: Good Day -Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

We are looking forward to welcoming you to our peaceful paradise!

Namasté.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I just recently came back from Zoetry. We stayed there for our honeymoon, and we were not disappointed. We researched ALOT of places to go to, and Zoetry was affordable and offered everything we were looking for. We wanted a very quiet and relaxing getaway at a small resort. And it was exactly what we got. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by someone that offered us a cold moist hand towel. Our luggage was taken care of immediately, all while a concierge led us to a couch while they prepared our room keys and gave us champagne as we waited. Within moments, the concierge took us on a brief tour and led us to our room, which was perfect! The entire time we were there, you wanted for nothing! You were waited on hand and foot by an amazing staff that was kind and generous. They all constantly referred to you as family and friends and greeted us by saying "Welcome home". A special shout out to a few staff that helped us out amazingly: Josias, Gerardo, and Claudio. The food was fantastic! I know several reviews complained about that the menu never changed, or there simply weren't enough places to eat, but we were there for 6 days, and maybe twice I ordered the same item. Food was great, fresh and healthy and just amazing. Booze was great as well, large selection and all name brand quality liquors and large wine selection. We went to the spa which was amazing. Overall, the staff at Zoetry was amazing and we would recommend going there, and are hopefully planning on going back on our one year anniversary to take advantage of some of the excursions they offered.
The only down fall that we did not appreciate at all ....
Which keep in mind, had nothing to do with the Zoetry staff, but other companies they contracted that were working on site.
At Zoetry there is a VIP desk where they give you your instant $200 credits to be used in the resort as complimentary, and then they try and sell you on their Unlimited Vacation Club. When we first went to the desk, the women that helped us did not speak much English and simply gave us our credits with help from a translator. They next day, we get a call at our room explaining that we forgot to collect our discount card and to come back to the VIP desk when we got a minute to pick it up. When we went to get our card, a rep by the name of Jesus Juan aka "JJ", helped us. And tried having us attend this promotional seminar for this Unlimited Vacation Club. We said we would think about it and possibly attend tomorrow at 8:30am. He called our room twice the next morning at 8:30am to ask where we were. The second time JJ called, I explained we weren't interested and thanked him for his time. When we saw him the following day, he stopped us and was asking why we didn't attend when we said we would. We explained we were on our honeymoon, and were not interested in sitting in a 90 minute seminar. He didn't seem to get it. He kept pushing and basically harrassing us. To the point my husband started to get aggravated and I had to pull him away. After that, JJ left us alone, but it was always very uncomfortable walking past that desk and seeing him.
The second disappointment came from Stephen with Amstar.
If any guest would like to book an excursion, you must meet with Stephen with a company called Amstar, and they schedule all the transportation and activity etc. He also deals with the transportation to and from the airport apparently as well. We wanted to do some shopping, to make a long story short. Stephen miscommunicated with the driving, and after 45 minutes of waiting we weren't going to be able to go that day. He offered us to go tomorrow, but by that point we just said forget it. We weren't aggravated, just disappointed. During the time we sat down with Stephen to discuss our shopping excursion, we also discussed when we needed our transportation to pick us up. We all agreed on a time, he made some notes, so we figured we were all set. The morning we were scheduled to leave, we got a call from the front desk stating that our transportation was there already, an hour and a half early!!! I explained that we spoke to Stephen and it was supposed to pick us up at a later time. Stephen gets on the phone with my husband and starts to argue with him!! Stephen called kept saying we were wrong, and that we needed to come down now before the transportation left, and that this is not how they do things here. He literally was on the phone with my husband for 10 minutes arguing with him. It was unbelievable. We were furious!!! I have not seen such poor customer service in such a long time, and it was an awful way to end a good trip, it just left a bad taste in our mouths.
So the moral of the story is this ...
The resort and staff at Zoetry are amazing!! But the contractors they have hired are not the greatest and strongly questioned whether we will go back because of them. It truly cheapened and tainted the Zoetry experience and ruined alot of the hardwork that others put into making a perfect experience. Just keep it in mind and stay away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ritag0383

Taiguey: Good Day - Good Sun,

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after you escaped from winter at our sunny paradise, I am thrilled to read that you really enjoyed each moment of your stay at our resort, all your assessments and suggestions are very valuable to us

We work hard every day to make the stay of our guests unforgettable, making enphasis in the little details so you can go back home with a suitcase full of great memories. Once again, thank you for your time and we certainly hope we get to welcome you back any other time, in the meantime we will keep on striving and marching firmly towards the perfection.

Namaste,