This is my first review though I read trip advisor all the time to get a feel of a resort. I must admit i was a bit worried returning to this resort after a year. We had such a great time in May 2013 I didn't think it could be surpassed , boy was I wrong. Our trip June 14 - 21 was the best we ever had.
Leaving from Toronto on West Jet at a reasonable time we arrived on time, got our connection and was at the dock 45 minutes later to board the cat to paradise.
When we arrived at the island there was no Mr. Roake at the dock but his presence is felt all over the island through the staff and their positive attitude to help make your stay the best ever.
Our room in villa 9 had a jacuzzi on the back deck and was kept spotless by the friendly cleaning staff who couldn't do enough for you.
Every person I came into contact with at the resort was friendly and approachable I won't single out any individual as i don't remember every persons name i met but impressions are important and as the old speedy muffler commercial said "your a somebody" and that was the way we were treated.
The rooms are great the only improvement would be for an outdoor balinese shower like Rio du Oro in their royal section.
We ate at all the a la cartes at least once and they were above par, no one hurrying you thru your dinner a nice relaxing meal. The buffet is nothing to sneeze at with many choices which change daily, desserts to die for and the gala dinner on Thursday night is spectacular, get there early to see the food presentation. Food also by the pool and beach was very good with lots of choice and the ice cream is pretty good too.
There are 3 pools but if I travel that far I want to sit by the ocean and swim with the fishes which I did on a daily basis. No problem getting chairs at any time of day though there were a few people who would reserve a lounge and then turn up several hours later. it seems it is their rite.
R&R was what I came for and that's what I got. The bars were never that busy and everybody seemed to walk away with enough to drink to make them happy. Everyone working there seems to care about making you happy.
My only regret about the trip was that it was to short I wanted it to be longer but I do have great memories and can't wait to return to see what changes the new buildings and restaurant make.
Gran Bahia Cayo Levantado keep doing what your doing by making great memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 268 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi (free of charge) Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana
- Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection Dominican Republic/Samana