Although the hotel is a long drive from the airport (Santo Domingo) the hotel is located on an island and is absolutely amazing. The short 7 minute boat shuttle ride to the island is very enjoyable. There is a time schedule listed to inform when the shuttle would take you to and from the island. The rooms are very spacious and immaculately clean. The grounds of the hotel were spotless. The entire hotel staff was focused on providing the best service. Anna who placed the oil fragrances in the room in the evening was wonderful and helpful and helped us to get room service very early on our day of departure. She was a gem and could not have been nicer.
The food was incredible. Each day had a different theme for supper. My wife and I especially enjoyed Friday's Dominican food night and also the gala night with the grilled lobster. Mr Florencio Lorente was extremely attentive and helpful, he made us feel like we were part of his family. He also had recommendations with regard to the excursions to see the Marketplace in Samana.
Walking on the island was a delight with the big decision being whether to go to the beach with the calm waves or to go to one of the pools which were spotless. Whatever we decided we were able to thoroughly relax and enjoy the wonderful island scenery and atmosphere.
The shows at night were also entertaining. There was more music and dancing afterwards at the "public beach" although my wife and I never went.
We are definitely planning on returning to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and the hospitality of the staff, We are definitely looking forward to seeing Mr Florencio Lorente again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby and in rooms (free of charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 268 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana
- Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection Dominican Republic/Samana