My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days while exploring and enjoying Samana. I booked it through Tingo and got a great deal on it (but later found out that there was an even better deal on Jetsetter when it got closer to our trip but still satisfied with the price). The hotel is 5 km away from Samana but if you have a rental car, it's actually not so bad and we enjoyed being able to "return home" after spending the day out in the town. The staff were very friendly and accomodating and the grounds were beautiful.
- beautiful hotel right by the marina with two infinity pools. we had an oceanview suite and it was amazing. Terrace included.
- there are three restaurants (one for breakfast only) and 2 for lunch/dinner. A bit pricey ($5-20 dollars per dish) but I guess you're paying for convenience given the fact that Samana is a 10 minute drive. The food is good but I think you could find better elsewhere in the town or other parts of the peninsula.
- located in a very secure area with guards
- very friendly staff
- this might not necessarily but a PRO for some but while we were there, there was barely anyone in the hotel and so a lot of it was empty (restaurants, pools, etc.). The hotel is located in a private area surrounded by private villas and so we just thought it was the exclusivity of the location, and the fact that it may have been pricey relative to the surrounding small towns.
- wifi only in the public areas (lobby, restaurants). you can get wifi at times in your room, which was in our case because we were on the 2nd floor but it was spotty. There is, however, free wired internet if you have a laptop
Overall, we would stay here the next time we visit Samana!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the mountains and the sea, The Bannister Hotel is a wonderful retreat in the Caribbean. This stunning hotel is a member of the elite collection Small Luxury Hotels of the World, focusing on good taste, high quality, tranquility and splendor. It features 30 finely-decorated suites with outstanding views, along with a variety of amenities and impeccable service.Leave your worries behind, let the warm breeze fill you with tranquility, and enjoy a place which will fulfill your needs and indulge your desires. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bannister Hotel & Yacht Club Dominican Republic/Samana