We returned from a two week holiday at this hotel on 1st November. We found the hotel to be very clean and our room, which was a junior suite, very spacious with a superb view of the bay.
The hotel setting is perfect, with the gardens kept immaculate, and although the hotel is spread out over a large area and quite steep, the hotel provides shuttle buses (similar to golf carts) to ferry guests to and fro.
We could not fault any of the staff, they were all extremely helpful and pleasant, particularly Carlos, Yissell, Wellintong and Brenda who were always smiling and cheerful.
The buffet restaurant was very clean. There was always a variety of food on offer, however, on occasions the food was not as hot as it could be.
The Gourmet was the best of the a la carte restaurants with perfect steaks and excellent service.
We found the evening entertainment to be lacking. During our holiday there was only the Michael Jackson tribute show which I would recommend. Despite this I would definitely go back to this hotel.
Room Tip: If you want a room with a superb view in the main hotel building ask for one on either floor 4 or 5; our room was number 520.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (no additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana
- Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa Dominican Republic/Samana