My husband and I travelled here in March and absolutely loved the surroundings. The water is gorgeous albeit a little littered with garbage, but the staff did do their best to clean it up the best they could. The restaurants were fabulous and the food was excellent. The staff was friendly and always smiling. The bar service at the pool could have been friendlier but all in all was ok. This is a resort on a hillside so if stairs are an issue I would request that you be in the central building. The town itself is quite small and there is not a lot to do - we walked around and saw everything in under an hour taking the hotel shuttle bus that runs on the hour. We also did an excursion to Ricon Beach and this is a must see - the sand is just gorgeous and the water so blue.
The only thing we can really complain about was that the beds were rock hard and by the end of the week we were having some back pain. We would definitely come back to this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 bars, cocktail lounge, chill out zone, 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and leisure mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms: 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (no additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana
- Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa Dominican Republic/Samana