“Great place to mix with the locals”

The Owl @ Flamboyant Hotel
Ranked #29 of 67 Restaurants in St. George's
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Although it is part of the Flamboyant hotel it is a good place to mix with the locals that come in, good food and drinks, grate kareoke and crab racing.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

What a location. Seriously going to be hard to beat. Stunning beach just feet away and idilic picture postcard stuff here. I only ate at the restaurant once as we were only at the Flamboyant for one night. It is very steep slope to get to the restaurant from the hotel but they lay on buggies to take you and pick you up so it is not an issue for the less mobile.

My mother had a starter and an entree and thoroughly enjoyed both. I however, only having got off the plane a few hours before and not having stopped rushing around, was running at 1am body clock time, and only had an entree. My pork steak was seriously decimated. I know the style of cooking is very different, but this was tough and chewy and unpleasant to digest. Perhaps I just got a bad effort; as previously stated, my mother liked her two dishes and she is fussy so I would say it has to be better than average. Make sure you book a table as it gets very busy.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stopped in here for lunch during a day at the beach and ordered their chicken roti that was described on the menu as accompanied by a salad. Well, if a tiny piece of lettuce leaf, a slice of cucumber and a slice of tomato is a salad, I guess it came with a salad but that is no salad by my experiences thus far!!

The chicken roti was delicious but if you want a really great roti with a real salad and even some side chutney and sauce, go to Savvy's just down the beach a ways. And the atmosphere at Savvy's is much much better as well as the service. My server at the Owl was decidedly surly and not at all friendly whereas the women who work at Savvy's are delightful. Plus the seating there is fantastic.

Savvy's is more expensive but well worth the few Caribbean dollars extra.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Right on the beach. Played pool. Had a drink. Walked back to Mt. Cinnamon. Not much to write home about.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We ate twice at the Owl during our stay in Grenada. Staying in another hotel on Grand Anse, we strolled up the hill and then walked down the steep slope that links the hotel to the restaurant (steps, and a golf cart are also available). The food was great and good value with many local ingredients and delicacies. The location, yards from the crashing waves, was excellent. Service was prompt and the restaurant (midweek in November) was not crowded. We did not need to book in advance. EC$210 for dinner and desert and drinks for 3.

1  Thank ChrisAndSueUK