“Great food, friendly but painfully slow service”
Review of Le Chateau

Le Chateau
Ranked #17 of 70 Restaurants in St. George's
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a great restaurant to sample local delicacies like crab-back, callalloo soup and lambie (conch), in a nicer setting and at reasonable prices. We visited with a large group (10) for dinner and really enjoyed the food and ambiance. Our waiter was charming and attentive and really tried hard but the service was painfully slow, although the rest of the restaurant was not busy. I'd still recommend it, but don't plan on getting out in a hurry, just relax and enjoy island time!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The reviews and locals recommended this place. I was hoping to have a couple of dinners there but 1 night was enough for us. Food was just average, service average and the price was high. Umbrella's, which is close by, was the best restaurant we ate at. Overall though I think the food in Grenada is not the reason to go to Grenada. We loved Grenada and ate at a lot of different places. Food was always average to slightly above.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant twice when we were vacationing in Grenada with my husband and our two young sons. The fresh catch of the day was excellent. My son's had the hamburgers which were good. But the crepes with nutmeg ice cream was outstanding! The wait staff was very accommodating of my son's food allergies. The restaurant was tastefully decorated and very clean. The prices for what we got were extremely reasonable.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This is now my 4th visit to Le Chateau and each time we've come we have been warmly welcomed and enjoyed the most delicious meal. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ate here one night the food was very good and the chef goes out of his way to ensure the food looks great and taste great. The presentation of the food was beautiful. Good job.