“Great lobster fest on Saturdays!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Red Crab
Ranked #30 of 67 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ledbury, United Kingdom
“Great lobster fest on Saturdays!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We ate here twice, the best being the lobster fest for which you must book in advance. Excellent food and good value.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank pgc150

London, United Kingdom
“terrible service and mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

4 of us arrived at 7pm and we were immediately seated. The restaurant is situated beside a busy main road so although it is nice to sit outside you are aware of traffic noise and car fumes all of the time. We were offered a drink straight away and the drinks arrived within 10 minutes but then it took another 30 minutes to get the menus, an hour to get the appetiser and 2 hours from ordering to get the main course. The food was mediocre although it was piping hot. The prices are high at US$150 for four people for two courses without drinks. The waitress was friendly and apologetic but avoided us when we started trying to chase up the food.

• Visited March 2014
St. George's, Grenada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I'm not one to normally write reviews, but I had to write a special one for the Red Crab. I've been living in Grenada for a while now and the Red Crab is my favorite restaurant on the island. It has a casual and relaxed atmosphere with friendly service and excellent food. I highly recommend the catch of the day or lobster which can be cooked a number of ways. Lobster Fest on saturdays is always a special treat. If you get a chance, enjoy a great dinner or lunch and maybe I'll see you there.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mark K
Denver, Colorado
“one of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Been to Grenada 4 times now and a trip to the Red Crab is always a must! Excellent seagood and gracious service. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening there.

Visited November 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Best Lobster Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I went to the Red Crab because they were doing a special "lobster menue" that night. For appetizers, I had the lobster cocktail and my wife had French onion soup. For our main course, I had the lobster newburg and she had broiled lobster tail. All of the food was excellent. The lobster was as good as I have ever had, and better than most. The lobster was very tender and sweet. The portions were generous. My wife could not finish her tail, which was large, but I made sure it did not go to waste. The service was excellent by Grenadian standards. The restraunt has no view, and I agree with other posters that the building could use an update. We ate outside, so ambiance was not much of an issue. Because of the exchange rate, pricing was excellent- two drinks, two appetizers and two lobster entries with tax was $188 EC, or $70 US.

• Visited December 2013