“consistent quality food”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
camberley uk
“consistent quality food”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

One of the all inclusive guests on a seven night stay. Dress for mossies, they are active in the bar area.

The food was consistently good sometimes very good. As it says classic dishes with an English basis and Caribbean twists. Too many very good dishes to pick a highlight but I loved the seared Tuna and the Tuna Benedict, a Rhodes staple.

Up there with the qulity restaurants in Barbados.

• Visited June 2013

UK
“Not far from excellence”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This restaurant gets a very solid 4 stars. The setting is beautiful and romantic. The live entertainment is just right. Lovely linen, cutlery and flowers adorn the table and the staff are friendly and attentive.

It's just the food, very good though it was, just didn't quite reach expectations. The hotel has a number of all inclusive guests so there will always be diners there. Perhaps Mr Rhodes needs to be a bit more hands-on.

• Visited June 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This was a wonderful dining experience! The staff is so attentive. The food ( we had fish ) was superb. This was our best meal of our whole trip!

Visited May 2013
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Is it me!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Having just read a fair cross section of the reviews for the Rhodes restaurant and as one tends to do by starting with the worst first, I asked myself if it was the same place where I'd had seven delicious, well presented and well served dinners during my stay at Calabash last week.
Whilst falling into the category of one of the older guests referred to my some reviewers I've been visiting the hotel for a few years so have the benefit of more than just a one off visit to the restaurant. As far as consistent high quality food is concerned I believe this is hard to beat, with the service, decor and choice of dishes also difficult to improve upon.
Whilst I'm sorry for anyone whose experience hasn't lived up to their expectations, I don't have too much sympathy for those complaining of the dress code at such a venue. If shorts are for you then find somewhere else to dine more suitable!
Dexter the head chef not only produces top class international choices on the main menu, but also offers daily specials that invariably include dishes with a real Caribbean flavour. Light bites are a newly added option this season for those perhaps not feeling quite so hungry.
I challenge anyone, whether a first time visitor, or a regular return guest such as me, to find a more attractive setting for a restaurant. Dining in the semi open air by candlelight under a canopy of flowers and greenery takes a lot of beating in my opinion.
My experience of the service and friendliness of the waiting staff has always been first class and despite being quite busy most nights during my stay the professionalism and speed of service remained at a constantly high level.
I do agree however with one reviewer who commented on the entertainment provided, which does leave a bit to be desired on some occasions. Whilst a steel band is almost compulsory if you're visiting the Caribbean, I would welcome some more varied and dare I say it, better musical entertainment on other nights, albeit still in keeping with this somewhat special dining experience.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank John H
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Fantastic evening meal”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Arrived early for some drinks before our meal , 6 of us were led to a lovely seating area whereupon a waiter arrived to take our order , some nibbles were quickly bought out to us , devils on horseback I think that's the culinary term x, 2 of our party are vegetarian so a dish of something suitable was bought out . Then our order for our meal was taken and we were shown to our table and when the food arrived it was amazing , the service was very good , iced water was topping our glasses up ALL night , I did have a problem with the cococnut ice cream in as much it didn't taste of anything , one of our party called a young lady over and explained , she took it away and did agree with me it was bland , and took it off the bill with no fuss whatsoever , I thought that was very good , all in all we all enjoyed our evening from beginning to end , and so far after 6 days in the country and quite a few meals had by all we all agreed this was the best so far ( 1 more to go) ! Thought the service was excellent , the waitress even remembered us coming in to book ! Lovely evening please try .

• Visited April 2013