“First Class View” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 19 St. George's B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“First Class View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

The view of Grand Anse Beach, bay, and "Town" is priceless. Room rate was reasonable - the facilities were clean and staff friendly but room and grounds could use some sprucing up. We didn't find that there was a restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner until last day of our 3 night stay - no signage, no recommendation from staff. For view and price, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Basseterre, St. Kitts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

the customer service could have been better the view is great but thats about it. just good for longterm guests not shot term. great staff but crappy maintenance on building etc..... owners need to improve on building, fixtures, etc... booked because of the view and pool. view was great but pool was dirty....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these St. George's hotels

Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

I had the privilege of being a long-term guest at the Grandview while studying medicine at SGU. The facilities were among the best on the island: clean, spacious rooms, with unmatched views of Grand Anse Beach, St. George's Bay, and Morne Rouge Beach. The sand of Grand Anse beach, as well as the Dive Grenada scuba operation are a two minute walk down the hill. The best supermarket on the island is a ten minute walk from the Inn, as is a first class gym (Body and Soul), both located at the Spiceland Mall.

We made frequent use of the pool, which overlooks Morne Rouge, as well as the internet lounge, located above the lobby. Laundry facilities are located on-site, and the Inn has laundry service available. We rented a car from the on-site agency which was trouble-free and well-kept.

The staff is incredibly helpful, friendly, and professional. They genuinely made us feel like family. Everyone, from the housekeepers to the waitress at the restaurant (which has the best view of any restaurant on the island!), to the desk staff, to the owners, made us feel at home. The hotel has a mix of long-term residents, students at SGU, as well as short-term guests. Both experience the same high level of service and wonderful accommodations. I brought my wife, kids, and other relatives in several times for holiday, which we all immensely enjoyed. I look forward to returning on holiday when I complete my medical degree!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Zenguin
Caribbean
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2009

This was my first visit, and the hotel has a great location and the staff is very friendly. However, the room was not to my expectation. A lot could be done in terms of decor to be in line with its location and view from the balcony. The food at the restaurant was excellent, and the view from the restaurant's balcony...... magnificent.

A lot of maintainance needs to be done to the buildings.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank CaribbeanAngel_Eyes
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

To whom it may concern,
I recently heard of the displeasure of someone who visited Grandview Inn on the Island of Grenada ,well as far as I know being A Grenadian myself the Island has a lot of night crawlers and runners which are not to our liking, I think that the topic was a rat .Well as far as I know rats are allowed to roam anywhere they want as long as they do not come in for a visit .I recently spent some time there myself and I also saw rats at night and as I said they did not come in to visit. So my advice to anyone who are afraid of Island bugs stay home or install a camera outside of your door so that you could take care of the problem yourself or you could call for help ,but in doing so you will spend all of your time stressed and not enjoying yourself. After all I also went to Florida where my sister told me to be careful when going outside because there might be snakes warming up on the patio outside the house.
I guess what I am trying to say is if you are not pleased with your space or lodging talk to somebody about it ,the internet is not the way to go. After all I am sure that you also have rats in your backyard and if you think that I am wrong please leave some food out and just watch and see what happens.
I do hope that people would form their opinion themselves and if you are unsatisfied talk to the management and let them know how you feel about their lodging. Your mouth is your best weapon to fear.
I am someone who really cares.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank hmonica
Global Citizen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

Simply the most accommodating staff you've ever seen! We were treated like family, and cared for like royalty. The room was clean as can be with a great view overlooking the bay. A short walk to the beach.... we're convinced it was the best place on the island! Can't wait to come back some day! :)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kplicanic
NEW YORK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

Grandview has one of the best view and location in Grenada but that all it has. The view is breath taking. The hotel has many problems. I stayed there from July 17, to August 3, 2009. This was my six (6) time staying there. I should have left when I got there and they did not have my reservation after I email and I spoke to the owner before my arrival.
The bathroom has mold. I was greeted by RATS at my front door on several occasion at night time which terrified my child. When, I try to enjoy the beautiful scenery I had to endure the foul odor of sewage.
Grandview caters mainly to long term guests and large groups, many whom are students at St. Georges University. They have forgotten about there short term guest as myself who will NEVER RETURN.
I am a Grenadian who loves Grenada. I try to visit once a year with my young daughter. I am appalled with the services that are render by Grandview.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank SMALLSPICE
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. George's
True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
Siesta Hotel
Siesta Hotel
#7 of 11 in Grand Anse
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel &...
#1 of 4 in Lance aux Epines
Gem Holiday Beach Resort
Gem Holiday Beach Resort
#3 of 8 in St. George's
Maca Bana
Maca Bana
#1 of 8 in St. George's
Radisson Grenada Beach Resort

Been to Grand View Inn? Share your experiences!