“Improved service, still good bagels”

New York's Finest Bagels
Ranked #28 of 65 Restaurants in St. George's
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: New York's Finest Bagels serves only the most delicious bagels, sandwiches, pizza and so much more. We carry over 7 different types of turkey and create our very own Shwarma's on location. Stop by at any time to try a fantastic sandwich, pizza or our fresh fruit smoothies!! We also have certified Kosher products
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Improved service, still good bagels”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

When I first got to Grenada a couple of years ago, I went here fairly regularly but gave it up after a few months. The food was fine and the prices seemed reasonable, but the service was frustrating. About 5 or 6 months ago, I gave it another try and have been a regular since then. The menu on display has been changed, so no more ordering things only to find out they're not on offer. Also the staff have become more attentive. Even if they're busy (and it does happen), they're quick to acknowledge you and let you know they're getting to you. And the food is still good.

What I like about the place is that it's a nice air conditioned place to sit if you want to, but they're generally pretty quick if you need to grab something and go. Whenever I've gone, I've found the place to be clean and with everything in good repair. The TV is always on (news or cricket, but it's never blaring, so you can watch if you're interested but you don't have to be annoyed by it. If you're looking for a casual place to sit down with choices that are a little different from local fare, this is a good option.

• Visited April 2013

True Blue, Saint George, Grenada
“Nobody beats NYB!”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

New York's Finest Bagels is the ONLY place in Grenada that makes me feel like I'm back in the USA. Outstanding food at a very affordable price. Hands down the best bagels, egg and cheese sandwiches, and pizza on the island, in addition to the tons of other things on the menu. They use fresh eggs (not the fake stuff like Subway and other places) and make it a point to use quality ingredients. Their customer service is easily the best on the island - they're seriously focused on delivering your order quickly and with a smile, a rarity in Grenada. Farooq, Nadeem, and Ali are particularly excellent and you're lucky if they're behind the counter when you visit! The location on SGU campus is open 24 hours.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Juan R
Grenada
“Worst Cakes Ever”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Word to the wise: Do not order special occasion cakes from NY Bagels.

My friend and I ordered a cake for someone's birthday after seeing numerous advertisements about how NY bagels creates custom cakes. We chose a simple design that looked beautiful in the sample book they let us look through and wrote out what we would like written on the cake.

Upon receiving the cake, not only did it look nothing like the design we chose, but the writing on the cake had the worst grammar! I am not sure how someone could mess up such a simple message of "Happy 21st birthday!" to read Happy 21TH Bday" If that wasn't enough, they even spelled the birthday girls name wrong! Even after I had spelled it out for them in block letters on a sheet of paper when I initially ordered the cake.

I was willing to look past all of this hoping that the cake at least tasted alright. We all cut the cake and the first bite the birthday girl took, she spit out. Everyone else tried the cake and had the same reaction. It was a unanimous opinion among the 15 or so people at the party that this was the absolute worst cake we had ever had. We all think that they probably mixed up the sugar with salt instead!

Save your money and order cakes from Sweet Traditions, True Blue Bay or even buy ones from IGA.

Truly disappointing.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ashaj728
NYFB, Guest Relations Manager at New York's Finest Bagels, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly saddened by the service you received. Have you spoken with our store manager about the service and issues you had? If not, kindly please email contactus@nybagels.net or call 473-44-BAGEL so that we help rectify this situation.

Thank you.
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Good American food!”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We went often for breakfast! Loved the egg sandwiches and bagels for breakfast. The diet soft drinks were out of date.

Visited December 2012
Grenada
“Tasty but at a price...”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Eating here is a nice change from the normal Caribbean snacks available. It is slightly more pricey than I would normally pay for lunch. We did enjoy our bagels and the fillings were adequate in size and tasty.

• Visited November 2012