“Great experience”

Grooms Beach Villas and Resort
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Everything I wanted for a relaxed vacation in a beautiful country. Had a really nice time at Grooms. Friendly and accommodating staff with quiet beach within 5 minute walk.

Clean rooms with ocean and pool view. Bikes for rent on site with local "bus" nearby that can take you to the city.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 8 August 2014

What can I say? This was the best place that I've stayed at in Grenada (aside from my family's home!).

This hotel is impeccably clean. I'm pretty picky about seeing hair in the tub, etc - and there was none of that. It's cleaned daily and thoroughly.

Staff are attentive but not overbearing. Management is flexible. I organized a family reunion at Grooms. I was a bit stressed because I was organizing from abroad. In an email, the manager, Gloria reassured me that things would be ok - she was not lying. Gloria and her team went above and beyond to ensure that my family was welcomed and comfortable. We had a fabulous time.

Food is delicious. I recommend the local dishes including king fish with a side salad or saltfish and bake and coco tea! There is a bar with lots of local rums and beers.

No worries re: wifi. It's available all over the resort and I was still able to work from the hotel.

The hotel is right along the beach and it's CLEAN and beautiful and quiet. I recommend getting up around 6:00am and heading out for a good swim before it gets too hot.

It's close to the airport (walking distance) but I never actually heard a plane! It's also close to town and really easy to get a bus to take you to other parts of the country.

Finally the price is affordable and better than a few others close by. You get a lot for your money.

I was really happy here and will be returning with my partner in the winter.

If you are looking for a local business to support - this is it. I wish them well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor. You will have a wonderful view and parking at the back. Getting...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ren2012
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Grooms Beach is a place I would highly recommend. Service is excellent, making you feel relaxed and safe. The Manager is caring, approachable, just a wonderful person. This translates as to why the staff is so amazing. The beach is nicely tucked away with lots of privacy.
Food is ummmm. So goooooood. Your diet needs are met for whatever your palate desire.
The landscape is beautiful with lots of birds

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Carlos F
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for four nights July 31 - August 4.

The rooms are very big, Wi-Fi is reliable and the whole facility is very clean.
Kitchen was pretty easy about adjusting the menu to accommodate our different diets.
There is a lovely, very private beach that we visited every morning.

The hotel is close to town and you can get a local bus for pretty cheap if you don't want to pay for a driver.

Most memorable is service you get - attentive, but not overwhelming. I had a medical emergency, and the hotel manager kept everyone calm and drove me to the hospital and waited with me herself.

You are truly treated like family. Wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Tanya416
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks from 2-16 June. We were put in room no. 2 the entrance to which was on the roadside which was not really a problem but sometimes you could here people leaving their cars quite late at night. The view was not brilliant inside just onto the car park and the houses nearby.

The hotel is average in its furnishings and design, nothing special to write home about, having stayed in a number of hotels around the world. We had a deluxe studio room for 2 people with AC which thankfully worked as it was quite hot whilst we were there. I could not understand why we had to pay upfront for the room so people beware should you have any queries with the hotel as this will at least give you some bargaining power. There were very few people at the hotel in fact my room mate and I were the only people on site for the duration of our stay apart from some students form St. George's university. Although this was not a problem, it did cause a major upset in terms of the chef and food availability on site. During the 2 weeks we ate at the restaurant once and had breakfast once. We were not informed that during the "quiet season" that the chef would not be on site and rarely given the option bar one occasion to request him being there. The hotel is a little off the beaten track so there are no nearby shops. There is the Beach house hotel a few minutes walk away but it is very expensive and does not open at lunch time. As a result you have to either cook, do you really want to do that on holiday? Or take the bus to Grand Anse.

You might think that as the hotel was virtually empty that we might have been given an upgrade but this was never forthcoming even after we subtely asked what would be the cost to do so. Similarly when we left the hotel we asked for a late check out which is normally charged at 15EC dollars. I stated under the circumstances of chefs absence and the lack of people checking in that this was waived. They did do this. On the food side of things there were a number of adverts placed in reception referring to a poolside BBQ on Fridays and the opening times of the restaurant. This was false advertising as neither happened whilst we were there, bar the one night when she did make a lovely chicken roti.

The staff were very nice particularly Sadra whose smiling face was always a pleasure to see when she was in. Carol also did her best to accommodate us but I'm not convinced that enough was done to contact the owner when we wanted to query our stay there. Up to this day, having been back in the Uk for a month we still have not heard from the elusive Ms Forrester even though we were assured that she would contact us. Ms. Forrester you have your chance now! We have given our email addresses to the staff so would appreciate some response to our queries.

A few points to remember if staying here, it does cost extra to take the bus back to the hotel but be prepared for a variety of costs if coming from Grand Anse from 5 to 10 EC dollars.

Would I recommend the hotel? Probably not purely because of what we experienced. Plus it is quite expensive for what you get. There is still some way to go before this hotel comes up to a four star standard, and I not referring to the amenities they have there. My view may have changed had we had some reply from the management. The staff did waive a few small costs as some recompense but this is far from what we were expecting. On the whole a disappointing stay at the hotel but we still had a brilliant holiday!!

Room Tip: One overlooking the pool rather than roadside
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sonj1
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed here two nights prior to heading to Sandal's La Source Grenada. The outside of the hotel was nice, well maintained, and clean. The room was clean but very basic. It was clean, very important! The staff was extremely accommodating and ready to assist in any way. The hotel is extremely close to the airport and Sandals. Even though the hotel is close to the airport, my husband and I were not bothered by jet noise.

Room Tip: Extremely close to the airport
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amanda K
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed 1 night. Room was ok, very basic. Not a 4 star, 3. A bar across the street with live music played until 4 am. Cute on the outside appearance, but the rooms need updating. Very friendly & accommodating staff. Had drinks at the bar by pool at resort, relaxing. Front Desk Manager made us coffee the next morning prior to the chef arriving. Very helpful with luggage & everyone came & told us goodbye when we left.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the AC if you need to sleep. Do not get a room on the street side across from th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Saint John Parish
Grenadian by Rex Resorts
Grenadian by Rex Resorts
#1 of 1 in Magazine Beach

Been to Grooms Beach Villas and Resort? Share your experiences!