“Fun, Short, Expensive” 2 of 5 bubbles

120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Fun, Short, Expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The tubing was fun and our guides were good. However, when you have a family of 4 and they tell you to get out after no more than 20 minutes on the water, you will be wondering what the heck you just paid nearly 200 US dollars for. Having to wear lifejackets and ill-fitting helmets is ridiculous, and so is the requirement for guides to accompany you. At no time is the water deeper than a child could stand up in. Finally, it doesn't seem necessary for the guy who holds your car keys to enter it and drive your car to a spot downstream.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ken S

Bolton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“River Tubing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Did this trip as a package from a Thomson cruise and I loved it - the guys were great fun, and on hand at all times in case anybody needed them, also as part of the trip our driver King Elvis was fab - the road trip itself was an adventure, those bends !!!!! King Elvis stopped off on our return trip to show us things of interest - he even stopped when he spotted monkeys at the road side, great value for money.

Visited December 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A week of misery”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband I and left the Celebrity cruise ship and went out of one of the side doors at the shops to find a taxi to show us around the island. A guy there that was getting all the cabs together and asked if we wanted to join 2 other couples and go river rafting. We jumped in the van with the other couples and took off. It was a scenic drive but once we arrived everything went downhill. When we arrived they outfitted us in hard hats and life vests and we went to get our rafts. While we were waiting the people who paid the cruise ship showed up and we were made to give back our helmets and life vests and told we had to wait for the cruise ship visitors to go first and then come back and give us their rafts. My husband and another guy in the group where getting frustrated and the owner of the place started to show us a long knife, like a machete. During all of this we started to notice bumps on our legs. They were 'no see ums' or sand fleas. As the bumps continues to grow we all decided to leave and find other places to visit. The end result? Over 100 bug bites for each of us and they are MISERABLE. When we came back people thought he had chicken pox or measles his legs were still that torn up. So to end this I cannot comment on the actual rafting but if you do this trip bring LOTS of bug spray so you save yourself the agony of the bug bites we endured.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank KellieW514
England, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good family fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We had a great day out, but went in the dry season so the water was shallow and hence quite slow. The youngest age of participation was 8, so I guess it never gets too fast.
Although we did a package that they don't usually do, they were happy to accommodate us.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CatherinedeF
York, PA
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Jeep tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

I took this tour on March 20, 2013 with my husband and his parents. Grenada was our port of call from the Celebrity Summit cruise ship this day. We booked this tour through the ship and it was $75 per person for a 4-hour, half day tour. I would recommend booking directly through Adventure Tours as you will get a better price. This tour was fun, but exhausting. They crowded 10 people (5 per side) onto an old army type truck bed. It’s a bench seat with metal bars overhead. I think every single person bumped their head on the bars at least once.

During the ride, we traveled over paved and unpaved roads. You are allowed to stand up and I would recommend doing so. You have a better view and it’s more fun. We stopped once in a town for a woman to try to sell us spices and then again once we were in the rain forest. At the second stop, we hiked over a stream and up a pretty steep hill to a nasty sulfur puddle. Our guide tried to convince everyone of the healthful benefits of bathing in this pool - - no one got in.

Something to consider: Fortunately, we had a partly cloudy day that was not too hot. If you go on a hot, sunny day wear sunscreen and/or a hat and be ready to endure other people’s body odor. My husband and I are larger sized people and we were squished up close to our neighbors. Luckily no one was stinky on our truck, but I can see it being a problem, especially if your fellow travelers bath in the sulfur pond.

Overall, this tour was good. I wore my bathing suit, but didn’t need since the sulfur puddle was so small and icky looking. We enjoyed the truck ride, but the hiking path was slippery, and steep and a little nerve racking. Don’t take this tour unless you are in pretty good shape and up for an adventure.

Visited March 2013