“Trinidad”

Gem Holiday Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in St. George's
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Vacation was perfect. Place was clean, staff was helpful and friendly. Food was fantastic,especially when dining and overlooking the lovely bay. Morne Rouge Bay is heavenly. This is indeed a paradise.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sweetee_52
There are newer reviews for Gem Holiday Beach Resort

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Stayed a week, very comfortable and roomy...slept like a baby! Staff very helpful, good food and well appointed restaurant. Good onsite facilities , including pool, pool bar, snacks, private beach and water sports. Close to other restaurants , hotels, supermarket and ther essentials. Handy location for airport, bus and main through roads. Great for families, couples or singles alike. Run by family members who all care for your well being and very happy to assist.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Sussex_boy_123
Reviewed 11 October 2011

The trip was absolutely perfect I can say! The island was full of enjoyment with friendly lovely natives. We arrived on a hot sunny day and as soon as we got of the plane and arrived at the hotel, my family and I were greeted with cool refreshing fruit punches. I must say if you've heard of the life on the Caribbean, Grenada is the one to be! From the unpolluted unspoiled environment, rivers, beaches, nature walks, to night life, all Great! Staying at the Gem was like putting the icing on the cake. The warm welcoming hospitality, the constantly smiling faces, the great room service( I mean not once did we have to come back to an unclean room, fresh sheets and towels daily). The staff looked after us well, ensuring we were as comfortable as possible, well informed so we never missed a bright moment in our holiday, advice on the local heritage and must see's! On top of that a hotel could never been more brilliantly situated on its own private tropical bay with such warm water and white sand. It was like a paradise in a paradise!! Every day the kids woke up they would jet down to the beach as if it were the only thing that existed. The food was absolutely delicious. I was no stranger to Caribbean food prior this trip but the attention to detail and just the mouth watering taste of the food, we dined no where else! In the words of the locals 'Big Up to the Chef! And the entire team at the Gem Hotel. You made our time incredible... Already planning our next trip!!!

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are stunning. At morning, sunset, all day perfect. I'm sure the other rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Roushan C
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Having seen the spectacular bay I thought all would be well, how wrong could I be. The rooms were dirty, old and in desperate need of updating.The Manageress rude and unhelpful, the security non existent and the noise from the adjacent night club awful! We all felt uneasy at night especially as we were unable to secure the door properly.What should have been a wonderful holiday was ruined by the tired hotel and staff, there are plenty of other hotels in Grenada which for the same price you can have far better accommodation and gratuitous staff. Avoid like the plague!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank waracs
Reviewed 11 August 2011

On arrival to the Gems resort, the first thing that stood out was it's location. The beautiful, fine, white sand beach and the crystal clear water, made me immediately want to rush towards the beach. The staff welcomed me with such warmth, that I felt right at home. My room which had a great ocean and garden view made me feel as if I was in a quiet world, and created just the atmosphere or me to further relax and think. The rooms were generally cleaned and I could not desire more.

What made it even safer, was that there were security around. In it all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and will return again.

If you're looking for a great beach to bathe in the sun, and let the sea take your mind to somewhere like heaven and hospitable staff. Visit Gems Resort TODAY!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank shimsmith
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Their lobby/dump needs major work, total turn off when I checked in but the two young ladies I meet was very pleasant and nice, the rooms need some work as well the towels were ruff like there was no fabric softener in it hope they renovate soon

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Weddy2
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Whilst on a school trip in the Gem, our son was awoken by thieves taking his belongings having got in through the only entrance which had a broken lock on it. Needless to say he was terrified and pretended to be asleep. The management have been utterly useless and as a result of this break in gave each room a piece of wood to use as a lock!!!?? Do not ever go or indeed allow anyone you care about to go either.

• Stayed: July 2011
#1 of 1 in Magazine Beach
Coyaba Beach Resort
Coyaba Beach Resort
#3 of 11 in Grand Anse

Been to Gem Holiday Beach Resort? Share your experiences!