“Delightful Time”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Yacht Ngoma

Interior Dining Area
Back Bedroom
Front Bedroom
Outdoor lounge area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Marietta, Georgia
“Delightful Time”
Reviewed 22 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

We had booked 6 days with Robin and Sandra on the Yacht Ngoma, but were only able to sail with them one day, as I sprained my wrist while on vacation. The Doc on Carriacou advised I not do the trip, but by the end of the week my wrist was doing so much better that we decided to sail back to Grenada with them in order to catch our flight out. I'm so glad we did. The sailing was great. I felt like we were in great hands and it was wonderful to see this husband and wife team work together. BTW, Sandra is a wonderful cook and she made some fantastic meals for us while we were aboard. It's amazing what she could do in a kitchen on board a catamaran. The pair are delightful people and the conversations with them while on board were interesting and fun. Having lived in Zimbabwe/Rhodesia, that their stories were fascinating. Can't wait to sail with them again.

24 Jan 2015
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your sprained wrist prevented you joining the boat for the first part of your charter. Enjoyed your company for the run from Carriacou to Grenada and look forward to the completion of your charter sometime soon.
Reinhardu...
Augsburg, Germany
“wonderful trip”
Reviewed 14 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

We spent 7 wonderful days on the Catamaran Ngoma. Unfortunately, we had strong winds and high waves, but Robin took us safely to the most beautiful places of our tour. Sandra cooked the best dishes in spite of these adverse conditions.
Thank you Sandra and Robin for these beautiful days.
We will recommend your tour.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Your age range 50-64
Dear Marion and Reinhard,

Thank you for writing a review for us, we are grateful for it.

Robin and I enjoyed having you on board and we wish you well in all your future ventures.

Sandra and Robin
Paul S
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“What a wonderful holiday”
Reviewed 25 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

We spent ten relaxing days on Yacht Ngoma travelling from Grenada to Bequia and back. Sandra and Robin are a remarkable couple who looked after our every need along the way. Sandra provided a variety of tasty meals and Robin made sure we didn't run out of beer. They have a vast knowledge of the islands and know all the best places to anchor for the night. In two days, Sandra helped my wife overcome her fears of snorkelling and she now has happy memories of swimming with turtles. We can highly recommend a charter holiday on Yacht Ngoma

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Your age range 50-64
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Dear Paul and Susie,

Thank you for this review. I have just found where it was filed and am catching up at last.

Wishing you both everything of the best in all your ventures.

Take care and go well,

Sandra and Robin
Tina_Vann...
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic time island hopping”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 for a stay in November 2013

Had a fantastic time on the yacht Ngoma. Island hopping was fabulous and all under the safe guidance of an excellent skipper - Robin. Excellent food cooked by Sandra - always enjoyed. Thoroughly enjoyed this terrific experience in what I consider to be the most scenic,friendly and beautiful locations in the world that being Grenada and St Vincent and the Grenadines - absolutely superb!!

Dear All,

Thank you Tina for your wonderful review, much appreciated.

Miss the Scots conversations and the humour. Take care and go well

Robin and Sandra
Holly S
Woodstock, Canada
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

It's taken me a while to write this review, which I am sorry for.

Robin and Sandra are amazing people! I had the trip of my life with them. They taught me how to snorkel properly and have given me the drive to learn how to scuba dive. I'm sure my trip was a learning curve for them both, as I was travelling alone, and I feel they had a constant concern for my safety and enjoyment because of it....for which I will be forever grateful. I was quite happy to sunbathe on the trampoline for most of the trip, but they helped me get over my fear of what could be in the water LOL

Such amazing kind people, I learned a lot about myself during this trip, there are no others I can compare it to. Truly life changing....am desperate to go back, the freedom of being on a yacht and just exploring what is out in the universe is truly life changing. If I had anything I could do over, it would be to stay in Tobago Keys for a longer period of time. Absolutely mind blowing. Hoping to go back in May of 2014!

For those of you looking for info re; cleanliness/food...Sandra does an amazing job at up keeping the yacht and your quarters...I had no concerns in this regard, the food was very simple home cooking, and could be tailored to your needs. For which I had many! Thanks Sandra for accommodating me so well, I know there was a huge learning curve!

Sandra and Robin are like Family to me now, world class experience!!

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Dear Holly,

Just updating my files. Thank you again for the wonderful review.

Robin and I think of you often and hope that everything is going well for you. I am happy that we were able to introduce you to snorkelling and that you actually enjoyed it!

Hugs,
Sandra
Nancy E
Chicago, Illinois
“Absolutely Exceeded All Expectations”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

We just ended 9 days on the Ngoma with Sandra and Robin as our hosts. What a wonderful adventure and it exceeded our expectations in every way. We enjoyed the luxury of visiting a multitude of islands and doing what we liked - hiking, swimming, snorkeling, exploring. Robin was an outstanding captain - we always felt safe under his guidance and his knowledge of the area was vast. Sandra was a delight and we enjoyed her wonderful meals day after day.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Seeing an array of islands - on our own time schedule
Liked least: Email communication regarding booking and/or questions was challenging as responses were very slow
Travelling group: Extended Family
Dear Nancy,

Just updating my files,

Thank you again for the super review.

Hope all is well with you, take care and go well,

Sandra.
Carol H
Decatur, Texas
“Great Sailing Vacation to Grenada!!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

We're back home safe and sound from our trip with Robin and Sandra! We had a wonderful time while on their boat!!! Our vacation was very relaxing and they took such care to make sure we had everything we needed to have a great stay. They worked hard! Sandra's cooking was superb and Robin was very entertaining! We so enjoyed seeing the islands from St Lucia all the way to Grenada. What a way to see them!! All in all it was a wonderful trip. Our favorite restaurant was, of course, "BIG FISH" in Grenada. A must see place!!
I would still like to have the recipe for Sandra's souffle' she made us one night.......it was so good.....we ate every bite and almost licked the bowl!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Liked best: Sailing and spending quality time together. Seeing the islands from the water.
Liked least: Lack of air conditioning at night but we got by just fine with the cool tropical breeze.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Dear Carol,

Thank you for this review, Robin and I appreciate it so much.

Just updating my files, but think of you often and hope that all is well with you and yours.

Best wishes,
Sandra
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing