“Good American Food in Grenada”

Victory Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 66 Restaurants in St. George's
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Located in Port Louis Marina Happy hour every day at 5pm. Friday has a good Texas Slow-smoked BBQ.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Well, I kept hearing that this place was great so I went. I realize now that the people who recommended it were American and so it made perfect sense. In my mind, the menu is geared to more American and European palettes. I went on a Friday and their menu was a custom " Texas BBQ" menu. Well, I am from Memphis so having BBQ in Grenada was not ideal. Granted the food was relatively good but I was expecting something more authentic to the island. I believe their normal menu has more variety. Additionally, I thought the service was good but not as good as other restaurants that i visited in Grenada. It may have been due to the fact that it was a holiday.. I am not sure.

There are newer reviews for Victory Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed 17 October 2013

After having lovely lunches twice at Victory, we returned once again. We arrived on a Friday and encountered a rather large group of Windjammer passengers assembled all over the dining room. They were using the restaurant for check in/ registration for their departure sail.
With the chaos of veteran sailors roaming the room trying to find old friends and interrupting our lunch to inquire if we had barefoot sailed before?....this made for a very difficult situation for wait staff to wait tables with the excited roaming passengers.
We totally understand that this brings a fair amount of dollars to the restaurant but the registration process should be contained in on area to allow other patrons a quiet dining experience. This review would or could have been a four or five if the Victory Bar would keep the Windjammers more organized!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Just went for a drink at lunchtime. Nice place to watch the boats come and go. Service very attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This restaurant was packed with people on a Saturday night. So busy was it, that after we bought our first drinks from the bar, the wait staff never asked us if we wanted another. Needless to say we were thirsty!
Food was excellent and the set up was very fitting. Not many locals present as a bit pricy for the average Grenadian.
Managed by the owner of 'Aquarium' restaurant, so you can expect high standards.
Food was great, atmosphere pleasant enough, but if you're looking for a romantic setting, try a different night.
Looking around the restaurant, we could've been anywhere in the world, so didn't feel particularly Grenadian; but this could be true of any bar/restaurant on any marina in the world.

This is one of the success stories in Grenada right now. A good indication that they are doing all the right things in this tough economic climate

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is one place you definitely want to visit for dinner while in Grenada. It is one of my favorites (along with Beach House and The Aquarium). I usually get the wienerschnitzel (of all places in Grenada!!) or ANY fish they have on the grill. Cold beer, Carib on tap. Great food overall and a great view of the best yachts in Grenada.