I am shocked that this hotel has so many positive reviews! The rooms are so removed from luxuruious that they are almost uncomfortable. The location is super close to the airport and not at all peaceful. It is also very remote and difficult to travel elsewhere on the island, especially for dinner once it is dark. This almost forces one to eat at the restaurant. The restaurant is overpriced and the food not at all up to par with the prices. I knew that we would have to climb up and down to the beach, but I did think that climb would be worth it. The beach leaves much to be desired and is super rocky! If it is the beach that you are after than you will need to travel each day as we did away from the hotel. Not at all what I was expecting. The hotels "green" features were well intended but a bit over the top as far as finding a good balance between going green and accomodating the guests. For as much as a room here costs per night, one would expect to still be able to feel the shower water - meaning no pressure whatsover. Not ideal after spending the day on the beach! Also had an issue with bugs in the room - we were both covered in new bites each morning. I would have given this hotel 3 stars - I do not believe that I have ever left a one star review - had it not been for the horrible exeriences that we encountered with the staff at this hotel. Never in my travels have I been treated so rudely and encounted a manager that was so "fake." He may greet you with smiles and "warmth" but right under the surface is an incredibly selfish person that really only cares about the bottom line. If you are looking for genuniue, you will not find it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maca Bana is an intimate boutique hotel comprising 7 artistically designed, solar-powered ‘banas’ with gorgeous ocean views and private massaging hot tubs above our tropical Aquarium Restaurant on Magazine Beach. Laid-back luxury and unrivaled privacy for a sensual & inspiring holiday experience in a warm atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Maca Bana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maca Bana Hotel St. George`s
- Maca Bana St Georges
- Maca Bana Grenada/Saint George Parish