“Comfortable Accomodations”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. George's
Candle Glow Apartments
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in St. George's
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Although I found this area of Grenada too quiet for my liking, I did enjoy my stay at the Candle Glow Apartments.
The room was clean and the mattress firm. The shower was fine. There is a shared kitchen, with plastic cups/dishes. I would prefer glass, but it was fine for what I needed the kitchen for.
Candle Glow is a brisk 20 min walk to Grand Anse, not 10 minutes like mentioned. I would say the beach is no way 2 miles long. The sand was nice to walk on barefoot, and the ocean gets very deep quickly so be careful.
I took a local bus to St George on Saturday afternoon, to find all the stores closed. It was a nice looking town.
I also took the local bus back to the airport, so if you travel light, you can save on the taxi fare. ( I paid under 20 USD from the airport when I arrived.)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Cheryl W

Reviewed 24 March 2013

This is what the sign should read as you enter candle glow apartments. It's a great value place to stay. Not far from airport, beach, supermarket and food. The people working here have to be the friendliest people on the island. Rita gave us a great welcome despite us being delayed by our flight and Trevor the security man made sure we were well catered for when she wasn't around. Rooms are simple - we got the cheapest one so no kitchenette or lounge but there is a separate kitchen for the culinary gifted - other than that hot water and AC in a vaulted ceiling room. It's a little out of town but makes for a generally quiet stay. This, with the service equals great value.

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank Ramenmuncher
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We had a pleasant stay at Candle Glow Apartments. We arrived at 9:30 pm and we received a warm welcome from the owner and her friend. She made sure that we settled-in and then we went for a walk for some take-away dinner. There are a few options within a 10 minute walk - including Subway. There were plently of people around at that hour and no hassles. It's a 20 minute walk to the beautiful Anse Beach / Spicemall (with an IGA Supermarket) - it really didn't feel that far. Our double room was clean and spacious with a/c, wifi, cable tv and private bathroom. There is a shared kitchen if you wish to use it. It' s about 4 miles from St. Georges - which we were happy to walk there and back. There are plenty of mini-buses that ply the route too. We found all the staff to be very friendly and accommodating with late check-out.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HanamiPrincess
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I stayed here in route to Carriacou for Carnival 2013 & it was perfect. I saw a review here where someone complained about having to go all the up on a hill...its a tiny hill and a super short walk to the office. The ower is very friendly, free WIFI and cable TV with more selections than Grand Beach Resort, Tropicanna and more.
I would not think twice about crashing here again

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank KerryVelon
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Had a great experience at candle glow. We stayed there over christmas 2012. We had excellent wifi and a pretty much empty apartment building. Ruth was absolutely amazing. So friendly and courteous. She loved us and we loved her. She even saw us at the supermarket one day and she picked us up in her vehicle and drove us home! We had a great experience at the apartment.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I have stayed in 4 and 5 star Hotels that cost over 300 a night. They don't compare to the experience I had at the Candle Glow. Very clean with just what I needed on vacation. After touring and site seeing, all I wanted was a shower and a clean bed. Their is a community kitchen when I wanted to make coffee or warm my food. The last hotel I stayed in had no place to warm my food and you could but coffee only by the pot. Ms Rita was very nice and helpful. Trever was a jewel. He was always there to help and kept watch over the place at night. I also recommend the Candle Glow because it's affordable, safe clean and quiet. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank phyllis205
Reviewed 14 January 2013

As a solo world traveler, I would like share my strong recommendation of this wonderful place. I journeyed with a very limited budget, and affordable places on Grenada, particularly during High Season around the Christmas/ New Years holidays, are scarce indeed. The room I enjoyed here for 6 days made an IDEAL base for exploring the entire island and met all of my desires for simple, complete and clean lodging with a perfect location. The Candle Glow is set a bit up on a small hill near Lance Aux Epines Road near banks, a grocery, and fruit stands. It is a mere ten minute walk to the famed Grand Anse Beach and the large Spiceland Mall with its excellent full- size and well provisioned IGA supermarket in addition to many small stores and shops. It is also a ideal hub for very affordable buses leading to St. George's and all points beyond, while also being close enough to the international airport and some lovely and very secluded beaches in this vicinity. My room had a welcome warm shower and included bathroom, functioning air conditioning, a small television, wi-fi, and a nice bed with adequate lighting. The modest room was quiet and the grounds were secure and well tended. In short, all perfect for my needs.
Ms. Rita DaBrea was an extraordinary hostess who extended many kindnesses during my
stay. She and her sweet staff were the icing on the cake for me, and I will not forget all their
gracious and compassionate ways nor the pleasures of the Candle Glow. I recommend this
lodging most highly. Tim Hoban, California

Room Tip: After a brief look at rooms, I chose Room B. This turned out to be a very wise choice for me.