4,760 results
All reviewsmarie galantespeak frenchbeautiful beachchef de villageevening showsbeach barpublic beachcircus teamfoie grasspecial thanksflying trapezemain restaurantpalm treesbasse terremangowater sportsother resorts
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Stayed for one week in April, weather was fine, temperature in low 30s, only few rain showers during whole stay. This is a beachfront resort on La Caravelle beach. La Caravelle is one of the finest beaches on Guadeloupe- has white sand and clean, easy accessible both for children and adults marina.
I stayed 2 days in Club room and 5 days in Les Saints, Club rooms clean and spacious, indeed can be rated as good standard 4star accommodation however Les Saints rooms are very basic and would hardly deserve any star rating. Apart from CNN no other English language channel on tv so I didn't spend much time in room. Beach was long with plenty sunbeds . This is not a private beach however it's only little bit crowded during weekends when locals and other tourists coming in. Resort has two restaurants however La Biguine only works Sun-Thu and for diner you have to book in advance. Food in both restaurants mainly french with plenty choices of salads, fish, meat, chicken. The only downside meat and fish were not well done so I had to request each time to cook my meal a bit longer to make it eatable. Various alcohol and non-alcohol drinks included Coca-cola range fizzy drinks, Tropicana juices, good quality spirits, lager and vines. I have tried almost all cocktails and they're good too. Manager Julien and his staff very friendly, professional and hardworking. You can see him running around from 8am, then serving fruits at the beach, greeting you during lunch and dinner and then running everyday shows at 9.30pm and ending up being DJ at disco(finishes at 12am)- incredible. Most staff working during the day usually joins him on the show every evenings. Shows are amateur with some elements of acrobatics and mainly screened for their main group tourist(upper class french middle age couples, families). About 90% of all tourist were french so if you have little or no knowledge of french like me then things can be little bit difficult. In resort shop overpriced( t-shirt with number 45 cost over 30Eur!). Went to tour called Tropical adventure - visited botanical garden, zoo, waterfall - good tour although overpriced 84Eur. Other tours in the similar price range. Having been in many places before somewhat I found Guadeloupe quite expensive so I guess all inclusive with CM is best overall value to visit this island.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Romio13
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We are a family of 4, 3 adults and an 8 year old daughter, and in looking to get away from the cold European weather of last winter we have booked an 11 day stay at this resort. It was our first Club Med experience and definitly not the last. I was a bit aprehensive when I read the reviews, but as it was the best option in the area we took the chance.
1. Reception: friendly, quite efficient, no fuss, welcoming: 8,5 out of 10
2. Building and rooms: it is a building that is showing on some places its age (no idea how many years, but in the tropics everything ages quickly) nothing disturbing and seriously noone wants to stay inside anyway. the rooms: we were staying in the Grande Terre building which was renovated a couple of years back, and it was OK, not new 5 star, but clean and everything was working, the beds were quite good for a Hotel, mattress not thin and hard, but really comfortable.
water pressure was a bit low for the shower, but again nothing disturbing. 8/10
3. surroundings and sport facilities: beautiful...well maintained, very nice, even if the beach is a public one; you do not really notice that much as 95% of the people on the beach are hotel guests. no issue with sun-lounger availability and the palm trees are just perfect in their role as natural shade providers. water is clean warm and perfect for swimming or snorkelling. 9/10
4. FOOD & Drinks: no complaints whatsoever, so much variety and tasty quality, only thanks to the sports activities I did not gain any weight :). the wine is not top notch but drinkable (white and Rose are better than the red) otherwise there is plenty of choice to keep the whole family happy (and/or Tipsy )
5. Staff: read the other reviews :) they are friendly and very open, real good fun (efficient as well)
6. Other guests: a dream...most guests are French or French speaking, with Canadians, some other nationalities, lots of kids (all well behaving) and they are neighbours from heaven, there when you want to chat, but if you want to be left alone, all is just as well. no noise or drunk behaviour and if you speak French a nice way to meet new people.

Would I go back: YES, but do not bother to book the excursions, a bit expensive for what it is, better is to buy a guide and rent a car.

Enjoy your holidays :)

Room Tip: Grande Terre, ground floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pieterjan D
Reviewed 13 April 2013

It was out first ClubMed holiday, so no previous experience to compare. The location is really nice, the beach is quite big with many palm trees, right next to the hotel. Many activities for the children and teenagers, not so many for the adults, but great if you want to be just lazy and do not care about your diet. Cocktails and food are plenty and we really enjoyed the restaurant buffet. Never had difficulties to find enough choice, fresh fruit, local specialities and good French wine and cheese.
Entertainment was a bit unprofessional despite the enthusiasm and hard work of the GO's.
If you like water sports the possibilities are plenty, windsurfing, sailing, diving & jet ski (paid). Massages were relaxing, but nothing special. Internet connection was available for payment (20 euro for 4 devices weekly access). The speed was a bit of a disaster, hardly allowing e-mails loading, you cannot watch TV or anything with much image. The beach is public and it can be annoying in weekends being very full and with lots of people trying to sell you stuff during the week.
I would have preferred if they had more cleaning and gardening staff and less GO's to work on performances and circus training.
We were in Grand Terre building with rooms facing the garden. It was a quiet, but I found there was a slight moisture smell. Beds were comfortable, room spacious enough, with terrace, but don't expect luxury or you'll be disappointed. We spent little time in the rooms really, so it was not that important.
Take your snorkels, good book, order a cocktail and enjoy the view!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Djasta P
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I travelled to La Caravelle with my 9 yr old son and wife for 10 days of rest, relaxation and recovery from a cold winter. This was a return trip - we'd been to the resort 5 years ago. The vacation was everything we hoped for, and we all came home missing our new friends. Food, entertainment, sports activities, and the beach were are all great. Actually, the beach was better than great. it was amazing. And Chief of the Village Julien has created a fun atmosphere for his team of GOs, and leads by example. It made the resort relaxed and well-run at the same time. My son really bonded with William in archery and my wife and I had great work outs with Elodie (a dead ringer for Kristen Dunst, BTW). We also had a nice reunion with Joss, director of entertainment and sports, who we had met several years ago in Martinique. It's nice to see Club Med develop its talent and we hope to see Joss as a Chief some day. Yes, the rooms in Desirade could use a facelift, but the whole point of Club Med is to spend time with your family, not sit in a hotel room. The sailing and windsurfing are amazing thanks to a reliable breeze, better than any other Club Med I've been to. We'll return again someday, and look forward to exploring other Club Meds in the future.

Room Tip: If you want a really nice room, pay extra for an ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Eric1012
Reviewed 24 March 2013

It's was my second and worst experience in that club. They tell it's a 4 tridents but it's more a 3,5 star cuban hotel.The food was miserable, no many fresh food or smoothies for breakfast. The bread and croissant were not fresh ( I'm from Montreal and we have much more freshness than that). The local workers were cold and unfriendly. hopefully, the site and the beach are wonderful, but It's not worth 3000$.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple