I was to La Caravelle in May 2013 for two weeks and I was very content. The club was nice and clean, the meals were very delicicious (especially in the evening) and the stuff was very service-orientated. In this context I want to thank the life guard. He deserves a special credit.
Me, I am an experienced diver and I took my whole equipment from Germany to Guadeloupe. After talking with other experienced divers and internet research, it appeared, that all the local dive sites (near St. Francoise) are very boring and very expensive. More over, there was no pick up service from the club to St. Francoise and no discount because of using the complete own equipment. I was very angry because the club advertises in the catalogues with diving.
To be honest, the possibility for diving was the reason why I booked La Caravelle. (By the way, diving at the diving center in the club make only sense for beginners, who are able to book courses).
I spoke to the life guard at the swimming pool, called Pierre Alexandre and told him my huge disappointment. He was willing to take me and another guest two times with him in his spare time -first, at the very famous and beautiful west coast (national parc J. Cousteau), secondly, at he north of grand terre. He organized everything very well. He rented the car, picked us up at the hotel, phoned to the diving center before the trip and took photos underwater and gave us them later. More over he took care for me under water when I had problems with my ears...and he translated all the time, because my French is very bad...So, this guy did his best to let us feel comfortable and enjoy the vacation. I hope, that his chiefs recognize and cherish his great commitment for guests...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all inclusive resort on one of Guadeloupe's finest beaches. Located in the heart of the Caribbean, La Caravelle all inclusive resort is an ideal setting for a vacation retreat. Soak in the Caribbean sun on the golden beaches of Guadeloupe, experience island culture in the markets and shops of Point-A-Pitre, or treat yourself to the ultimate spa treatments at the resort's wellness center. With activities for both parents and children, La Caravelle is the perfect winter retreat for the entire family. Children, young and old, will be thrilled to take a class at the truly unique trapeze and circus school on the resort grounds. While the children try their hand at juggling, trampolines, or tight ropes, parents can enjoy a peaceful meal at one of the many beach side restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Caravelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Caravelle Hotel Sainte-Anne
- Club Med Ste Anne
- La Caravelle Club Med
- Club Med Guadeloupe
- Ste. Anne Club Med
- Club Med La Caravelle Guadeloupe/Sainte-Anne