Le Rotabas(Sainte-Anne)
  • Pool
US$154
US$148
  • Breakfast included
Le Relais du Moulin(Sainte-Anne)
US$215
US$361
US$308
Ti'Village Creole(Sainte-Anne)
Zandolikoko(Sainte-Anne)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,628 results
All reviewsmarie galantespeak frenchbeautiful beachchef de villagebeach barevening showsfoie grascircus teampublic beachflying trapezemain restaurantspecial thankspalm treesmangobasse terrewater sportsother resorts
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have been going to Club Meds all around the world for 16 years. A huge part of the success of the experience is the Chief of Village and his staff the GO's. Julien Thivet is doing a great job running this village. Where else can you have the manager of the hotel pack you bags in the taxi when you are leaving the hotel and to greet you every day with a smile. His team of GO's that I met were great. A couple of them made an effort to talk to me everyday in English and were super nice.(Kudos to Jeanne E. and William F.) Most of the clients were French in August and the main language in the village is French. I participated a lot in the sports and the whole land sports team was great. Loved Pierre's pool exsercise class and Elodie's yoga, zumba and pilates. They were super nice too. Club Med works for our family because I like to participate in all the activities, my husband likes to relax on the beach and our teens like to hang out with the other teens. The teens had their own GO Cedric. He is a really nice and engaging guy that the teens love and a great dancer and showman too. Every night the GO's stage a show in the theatre. "Le spectacle" It was mostly very entertaining. The chief of sports and entertainment Theo did a great job.
I was planning to dive every day, but the diving was off-site and you had to leave with a taxi at 7 a.m. so I could not be bothered. There is a dive shop at the hotel, but they do free introductory dives for people who are not certified, I did one beach dive with them, which was OK. There is a lot of reef fish underneath the pier. This Club Med is on a beautiful beach. You can walk to the nearby village of St. Anne in about 15 minutes. Overall it is a lovely place for a vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank givemesunshine
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just back from 12 days at La Caravelle - this was our third Club Med and it absolutely met our high expectations. We're a family of 5, including a 9-year-old and two-year-old twins, and we've found that the family-oriented Club Meds are ideal for this stage in our lives: the twins have a wonderful time at the Petit Club and there are plenty of activities for us to enjoy with our older son. This was no exception.

Highlights for us included, in no particular order:

(1) The Petit Club. Absolutely stellar staff and facilities. Our toddler twins are a handful, and there's honestly no way we could relax on vacation if we didn't have high-quality childcare for them at least part of the time. The Caravelle Petit Club (immediately adjacent to the Mini Club) is a lovely facility: it's open-air facing the beach, but it's completely shaded (even on the terrace) so we didn't have to worry about our little ones burning in the Caribbean sun. It's very well supplied with toys, books, etc. and the staff regularly take the kids on excursions around the resort. Every day has a different theme (pirates, clowns, etc.) - one day they had even set up a mini-carnival on the lawn with bouncy houses and little rides. We had absolute confidence in the staff: they are warm and accommodating but also (appropriately) rigorous about health & safety issues, which we very much appreciated. They do *not* take the Petit Club kids to the large pool or to the beach, which I'm very glad about, but they do offer water play and a very small splash pool (with a couple of inches of water) at the club. We would often see our boys with the Petit Club during the day - walking around the resort, watching the circus activities, eating lunch or snack at the restaurant, etc. - and they always seems happy and comfortable. While La Caravelle does not offer a "pajama club" like at Ixtapa, they do offer a program through which you can drop your kids off with Petit Club staff and children between 7 - 9 pm, to eat dinner and engage in some sort of activity (watching part of a show, etc.). This is included in the cost of the Petit Club and is a great way for parents to enjoy a relaxing dinner. The only issue at all we had with the Petit Club was that it was fully booked for the last two days of our vacation (which we knew at the time we made our reservation). However, the director Juliette recommended that we hire a babysitter to bring our boys to the Petit Club, use the facilities, play with their friends, etc. - they just had to return to the room for naptime but otherwise were allowed to spend the day with the Petit Club at no extra cost. (The babysitter was a former GO who had experience in the Mini Club - she was on a list of Club Med-recommended sitters and was excellent - and the fact that she was there allowed the Petit Club to maintain the required adult-to-children ratio). So that turned out to be a great solution. Every single Petit Club staff member we encountered during our stay was fantastic, particularly Isa, Kelly, Alicia, and Vicky. Our boys developed a genuine affection for them and we were completely confident that our boys were safe and happy in their care.

(2) The two excursions we took: the Ecotour through Aquarium de la Guadeloupe (zodiac ride from Le Gosiers between the islands to Grand Cul de Sac Marin to snorkel at a coral reef) and the sailing trip to Iles des Saintes. The Ecotour driver (Romeuld? not sure about spelling) was very friendly, attentive, and informative. The water visibility at the snorkel site was fantastic, and there were plenty of fish and coral. It's not the most spectacular site for experienced divers, but it was an ideal family trip - a great intro to snorkeling for kids or even adults who haven't had the experience (and an interesting trip through the mangroves as well). The sailing trip to Les Saintes was fantastic in every way: the 2-1/2 hour trip (each way) was thoroughly enjoyable, the two stops (at a lovely seaside village and at an uninhabited island) gave us a good taste of the islands, and the crew (Laurent, Fred, and Jerome) created a delightful atmosphere. They were funny, friendly, informative, entertaining, helpful (and discreet) when one passenger became seasick) - and they provided plenty of excellent food and drinks.

(3) Sports: our favorite activities were windsurfing (which my husband did virtually every day), archery (shout-out to GOs William and Johanice, both of whom were extremely friendly, patient, and helpful), and trapeze (the entire circus team is incredible, both in terms of their personal skill and their willingness/ability to teach people of ALL ability and experience levels - Karen and Adeline especially). We would have liked to use the sailing equipment more often - either the small Hobiecats with our son or the larger catamarans - but they were frequently completely booked / taken. We heard other people complaining about how difficult it was to get a sailboat (and particularly to get a lesson with an instructor), so perhaps that's a small issue to address.

(4) Food -- For an all-inclusive, Club Med tends to offer good quality and variety of food, and I thought it was particularly good at La Caravelle. There are certain staples virtually any evening, but the themes changed every day and there were plenty of locally-inspired dishes (Caribbean fish fritters, fresh fish / lobster, baked plantains, etc.) I noticed some other reviews complaining about the relative lack of variety, but I was actually quite impressed with the variety, both on any given night and from one night to the next. No complaints about the food at all - and considering the format (it's a buffet at an all-inclusive, not a gastronomic restaurant), the quality is quite good.

(5) The GO team in general. The Chef de Village, Julien, is super-enthusiastic, positive, and engaged (we saw him EVERYWHERE - from arrivals/departures to MCing events to greeting people at dinner to performing the evening shows). His attitude seems to have rubbed off on the entire team -- they all seem to genuinely like their jobs and one another, which of course helps create the collegial atmosphere that Club Med strives for. Virtually all the GOs we encountered were exactly what you'd hope / expect: cheerful, personable, professional, positive. A few standouts: Joss (animation guru - you have to see him to believe him - he is a true force of nature), Theo (I don't know what else he does but he runs a killer aquagym and is hilarious onstage), William & Johanice (archery), Jeanne, Karen & Adeline (circus), Heloise (massage), Melodie, the windsurfing team (sorry, forgetting their names). Actually, I should acknowledge the entire staff and not just the GOs, because even the non-GOs such as the housekeeping and restaurant staff were unfailingly pleasant, friendly, and professional.

(6) The overall setting. The beach and sea are just gorgeous, and the club is very well laid-out and organized. You get your bearings quickly, and it doesn't take long to get from one place to another in the club, but there's so much to do that it never feels confining. (And if you do want to get out, it's an easy 15-20 minute walk along the beach to the town of Sainte-Anne, which is worth doing at least once). Love the fact that everything is oriented toward the sea: the restaurant, reception area, pool, bar, etc. are all open-air with plenty of sea views, so you're constantly aware and appreciative of the stunning setting.

We were very pleased with our experience at La Caravelle and would happily return. Thanks to the Caravelle staff for a happy and memorable 12 days!

Room Tip: We were very pleased with the Marie-Galante building: it's centrally-located, offers great ocean views, and offers the possibility of combining two rooms into a 2-bedroom, 2-bath family suite. Ground floor rooms are ideal for families with young kids, as the sliding-glass back doors open onto a broad lawn fronting the beach, and no worries about stairs. Upper-floor rooms don't necessarily have a better view of the water because the foliage partially blocks the view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank brymel99
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was to La Caravelle in May 2013 for two weeks and I was very content. The club was nice and clean, the meals were very delicicious (especially in the evening) and the stuff was very service-orientated. In this context I want to thank the life guard. He deserves a special credit.
Me, I am an experienced diver and I took my whole equipment from Germany to Guadeloupe. After talking with other experienced divers and internet research, it appeared, that all the local dive sites (near St. Francoise) are very boring and very expensive. More over, there was no pick up service from the club to St. Francoise and no discount because of using the complete own equipment. I was very angry because the club advertises in the catalogues with diving.
To be honest, the possibility for diving was the reason why I booked La Caravelle. (By the way, diving at the diving center in the club make only sense for beginners, who are able to book courses).
I spoke to the life guard at the swimming pool, called Pierre Alexandre and told him my huge disappointment. He was willing to take me and another guest two times with him in his spare time -first, at the very famous and beautiful west coast (national parc J. Cousteau), secondly, at he north of grand terre. He organized everything very well. He rented the car, picked us up at the hotel, phoned to the diving center before the trip and took photos underwater and gave us them later. More over he took care for me under water when I had problems with my ears...and he translated all the time, because my French is very bad...So, this guy did his best to let us feel comfortable and enjoy the vacation. I hope, that his chiefs recognize and cherish his great commitment for guests...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank karin r
Reviewed 5 July 2013

It couldn't have been much better. I have always wanted to go to a Club Med, particularly after I had kids. When I began researching a first international trip for my 11 year old son, I remembered Club Med. I wanted one with a French and Caribbean feel. La Caravelle looked beautiful from the website and was even more so in real life. Although there weren't a lot of kids my son's age during our visit, when we were flying home and I asked him how his first international trip was, he just cried! He didn't want to leave and said he wanted to come back next year. Pierre and Cedric and all the GOs made it the most incredible time for both of us. The nightly shows totally captivated my son and I thoroughly enjoyed them too. I was amazed at the effort that the GOs puts into each day's activities. It felt like one continuous party if you wanted and then there was that amazingly beautiful beach for peace and quiet. Although we didn't spend any time in the rooms, they were just what they needed to be, a comfortable and simple compliment to the environment. We did one day into the country side, which was great, but otherwise stayed at the Club. I have never spent my entire trip residing at the resort, but you really didn't need to leave. My son hung near me the first few days, mostly swimming in the water. But after the GOs kept enticing him to come and join them with the mini club and other activities, particularly Cedric, who took him kayaking, the last few days, I had to go in search of him. I also met some very nice folks, one person who has been a member for 50 years. We are totally sold on the Club Med way of life and I was planning next year's trip on the plane back home. Although we loved our time at La Caravelle and can't imagine a more incredible place, we are going to try another one next year, but we will be back to La Caravelle, you can count on it!

Room Tip: The rooms nearest to beach are great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NikiM98
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We visited several Club Med's but found Caravelle to be the one that touched our hearts. The GO's seemed to go out of their way to make our stay more comfortable. The food was very good with a wide variety which changed daily. Kayaking and sailing were made available to us. The day trip to Les Saintes by Catamaran is not to miss. We also rented a car on site on numerous occasions to visit both the Atlantic and Caribbean coast which were phenomenal. Actually to get to the Caribbean coast you get to drive through an actual jungle. I saved the best for last, the scuba diving is extraordinary both on the Atlantic and Caribbean coast which by the way is were you can find the Cousteau Marine reserve. I also wanted to give a special thanks to the lifeguard Pierre-Alexandre who helped us find new dive sights even on his day off. Merci Pierre-Alexandre de nous deux Micheline et Fred.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple