The best thing about this resort is the beach. It is sandy, with a warm, crystal water. One area of the beach next to the bar and a small pier smells of sewage. Not sure they dump it there, but there is a broken plastic pipe that is visible running next to the pier. And beware that the beach is public. On weekends expect to have a wave of locals descend on the beach and pack around you. That resulted in our back pack being stolen from our lounge chairs on our next to last day here. Not too many valuables were gone, but the camera with all our photos, watch, sunglasses... We booked a garden view room and got a ground floor room in the oldest part of the village - Desirade. They say the club was renovated but it really is old and tired. Looks like from the seventies with a lot of concrete and boxy room structures. Beds were hard as a board, pillows too small - had a back ache for a first few days. Bathroom was decent but with many caulking smears around the tiles and mold in the grout joints. There was a news about dengue fever spread by mosquitos on tv and on the airport and yet the rooms do not have any mosquito nets. It would be very useful to have them.
GO's were fantastic, working very hard, along with the chef du village - Matthias. French is very much the language here. They rarely switch to english, only when you tell them. St. Anne is a short walk from the village but not worth seeing. It is shanty and smells of raw sewage. The case of most of the islands in the Caribbean in our experience. We came back here 6 years after our first visit and would not come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all inclusive resort on one of Guadeloupe's finest beaches. Located in the heart of the Caribbean, La Caravelle all inclusive resort is an ideal setting for a vacation retreat. Soak in the Caribbean sun on the golden beaches of Guadeloupe, experience island culture in the markets and shops of Point-A-Pitre, or treat yourself to the ultimate spa treatments at the resort's wellness center. With activities for both parents and children, La Caravelle is the perfect winter retreat for the entire family. Children, young and old, will be thrilled to take a class at the truly unique trapeze and circus school on the resort grounds. While the children try their hand at juggling, trampolines, or tight ropes, parents can enjoy a peaceful meal at one of the many beach side restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Caravelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Caravelle Hotel Sainte-Anne
- Club Med Ste Anne
- La Caravelle Club Med
- Club Med Guadeloupe
- Ste. Anne Club Med
- Club Med La Caravelle Guadeloupe/Sainte-Anne