“My home away from home”
Review of Palm Inn

Palm Inn
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Port-au-Prince
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Having stayed at the Palm Inn Hotel numerous times over the past 8 years or so, I can heartily recommend this hotel to anyone looking for clean, comfortable, secure accommodations nestled in a quiet and beautiful area of Port-au-Prince, and located within walking distance of the airport (that is when leaving Haiti and your suitcases are nearly empty, as is my experience). Bon Voyage !

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Padre43

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Simply outstanding, in every possible way.
Flawless communication - arranging a very complex booking, Farah wrote impeccable English emails (from her writing, I had mistakenly assumed she was American, when in fact both she and her husband are Haitian, but utterly bilingual); and they could not have been more honest and principled in arranging and negotiating all that went into it. And the hotel shows evidence everywhere of having passionately-involved owners being in residence all the time; I have stayed multiple times at the Karibe, and while the Karibe represents a quantum leap from all that came before it, the service at the Palm is much more user-friendly, and the hotel has real Haitian charm, rather than the more business atmosphere of the Karibe. And the Palm Inn staff *really* speak English, and it is truly service with a smile - simply wonderfully friendly and helpful. The group of ten that I brought over were without exception charmed and delighted. I am going to avoid naming names, but suffice it to say, we went to a legendary Haitian spot on another night, and it was a fantastic refresher course on how bad service can be. The Palm Inn blazes a trail which could honestly relume the Haitian tourist industry - they *rock.* Oh - should also mention - food *flawless* and *delicious* and pool *immaculate* - not one person in my group of Americans (ranging from a 10-year-old girl to a college teacher) got sick.
Location was perfect for us, but we had a specific agenda, teaching in Cite Soleil. There are two centers in PaP, and it depends on what the visitor wants, whether the location is optimal.
If I could give them 10 stars out of five, I would. The best.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank GregoryGourmand
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The manager and reception staff were very helpful in ways needed in this city still in shambles after the 2010 earthquake and where very little works. Their assistance and the pretty grounds of this small hotel save this review and rating. At $80 plus tax the room was overpriced for what I got: very basic and furnished at the absolute minimum, like two wire hangers bent badly of out shape; the shower head allowed only a trickle of water (which is why it took about five minutes for warm water to flow); the filthy sink edge needed caulking. With a very average dinner menu selection, so-so prepared and with minimal service, the restaurant prices were way too high. Breakfast was good, though.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PeeWang
Reviewed 17 February 2013

This was my first time staying at a hotel in Haiti and I must say I was impressed with the Palm Inn. I was there with my fiance' who happens to be from Haiti. We had a pretty good time. I liked how personnel was very courteous and customer friendly. I also liked the French Toast they served for breakfast. That was my favorite! The rooms and beds were clean every morning and personnel did not have a problem with providing me with an iron. However, tv channels were limited and the air conditioner did not have enough freon to cool the room. The price was for the room was ok but the restuarant was a bit pricey. Other than that, everything was cool. I enjoyed my time and look forward to staying there the next time I visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frenchie1rock
Reviewed 15 February 2013

First time I was there people were friendly, not expensive rate and clean (October 2009) After the earthquake I went again (February 2010) Rooms were overpriced and the owner tried to make money as much as possible. Rooms dirty and hotel workers were not enough for so many customers. There were tends of National Geographic and BBC so the hotel was fully booked. I left 2 days later and went to a much cheaper one in same conditions.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank maby
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This hotel was found on accident. We had asked our driver to stop at a Restaurant prior going to the hotel we had planned to stay at. We couldn't believe what we were seeing. In my 7 years of traveling to Haiti, this was the nicest place I had ever seen. We ended up staying the night and did not spend anymore than we would have at the other hotel. The rooms were very clean, the shower had "warm" water, the staff were professional and the food was good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We asked our driver to take us to dinner before taking us to our Hotel. After pulling into the secured area of the Pal Inn, we found the restaurant to be a bit pricy (and it was "western style food") but inquired about the rooms. The staff was very friendly and showed us around. This hotel turned out to be less expensive than our original hotel and had better security and better overall amenities. We decided to cancel our other hotel and stay here! Our driver negotiated a better price for us for a dinner of beans, rice, plantain and chicken. Dinner was okay but the Breakfast was outstanding & breakfast was included with the room price. After doing mission work for 14 years in Haiti, this will be my new go to location when we need to stay in PAP. The owner greeted us when we were leaving and assured us they are continually working on improving and upgrading the hotel. Free WIFI, air conditioned rooms, hot showers. The food is the only thing I can see that could be improved.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank MOLHaiti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port-au-Prince
Le Plaza Hotel
1 mi away
La Maison Hotel
La Maison Hotel
#18 of 21 in Port-au-Prince

Been to Palm Inn? Share your experiences!