I have worked in Haiti for 18 years and stayed at many Guesthouses and hotels. I work in the North so usually only stay in Port au Prince for a day or two. Finding Palm Inn Hotel a few years ago was a blessing! The Guesthouses I tried to get a good price were always far from the airport and certainly not worth their low price in terms of food, cleanliness or security. By the time I factored in what I paid for taxis and having to order special food it quickly added up to what I pay per night at Palm Inn. It is the best deal around for sure. They have a reliable courteous shuttle service to pick you up and deliver you (after a very short trip) to what can only be described as an oasis. Once through the gates it is easy to forget that you have been up for 24 hours traveling and battled your way through the chaos at the Port au Prince Airport. It is like landing in a peaceful garden. I think the attention to the landscaping that Farah and Wilhelm have taken to ensure their guests experience how beautiful Haiti is even in the midst of the ongoing re-build their City is experiencing, is pretty special. I'm always working while there, but even that can seem delightful out by their pristine pool area. The restaurant is also more than I ever expect in Haiti. They make an obvious effort to have most of the things offered on their menu (and I can assure you, that is not the typical scenario in Haiti) and make every effort to provide high standards for food preparation in their kitchen (also not typical in Haiti). In the morning (included in the price) is a full breakfast with an omelet bar and everything else you could ever have imagined for breakfast. The rooms are very clean and outfitted with amenities you are not going to find in other hotels for this price. eg. microwave, mini fridge etc. One thing I really love is that their are quilts on the beds instead of the more common comforter. I love this because you can see that they are laundered regularly. Comforters and bed spreads I have seen in other hotels look like they never have been washed. This small detail is something I look for that says the hotel is super attentive to cleanliness. The staff are all very helpful and sweet. Love them to!! And the managers are willing to go above and beyond to help you figure out anything you may need to that you do not have Port au Prince savvy or contacts for. I love that to. I find Palm Inn Hotel a peaceful, tranquil garden and always have no worries staying there and would highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palm Inn hotel is located near the Toussaint Louverture International Airport about 2 minutes, and 5 minutes from downtown and recreation centers. It is headed by a family having a long experience in the hosting industry and hospitality.This hotel of modern design located Delmas 31, satisfies the international norms and standards to ensure your comfortable and pleasant short or long term stay. The Hotel is near the airport in haiti !Alleys of Palmier bordering the flowery gardens littered of antique and rare parts dating from the 18th century confer him a unique historical cachet in its kind.Spacious studios and apartments are designed to meet the demands of life modern. "The Flibuste" restaurant proposes you a national and international cuisine in an intimate and relaxed atmosphere. You can also taste of tasty cocktails at "Rudy's bar" or at the edge of the pool.A room formatting well as a games room are placed at your disposal for a healthy and good relaxation.The satisfaction of our customers is due to the quality of our services and our know do. A dynamic staff and experienced is already glad to Welcome you to Palm Inn Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Palm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Hotel Port-Au-Prince
- Palm Inn Haiti/Port-Au-Prince