“Very nice and friendly hotel”

Hotel Habitation Hatt
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Port-au-Prince
“Very nice and friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I have been to habitation hatt hotel for several of my trips to Haiti. The hotel has a great location very close to the airport . The rooms are clean and very comfortable with balcony . The food at the restaurant is great especially the breakfast . The staff is friendly and always very welcoming. I feel very safe there. The pool and bar has a very relaxing atmosphere .

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Heinzy12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Silver City, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Have stayed at the hotel 8-10 times because of group affiliation. WAY over-priced, even if everything worked.

What Works..?
- The great wait and cleaning staff.

What Doesn't..?
- The Hot Water (have had one lukewarm shower in 6 years, the rest cold).
- The internet. It's a joke; you can pick it up WHEN it's working, IF you're sitting outside the office. Forget about it in your room.
- Furnishings. No dresser,
- Maintenance. Refrigerators don't work. Towel racks broken. Inadequate lighting (had to re-connect two bare wires to make the lamp work at all).
- Way too expensive. Rooms and food ($8 hamburgers, $5.00 for a scoop of ice cream, etc.).
- Internet: when it works (which it doesn't most of the time) you have to be practically sitting on the router to use it

Worst of all..?
- The management has been informed of these problems for 6yrs yet haven't addressed a single issue.

Not sure what the opposite of "excellent" may be but, a picture of this hotel would suffice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hank B
canella13, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Habitation Hatt, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
The management of habitation Hatt Hotel has always tried to satisfy our clients. We thank you for your comments and that will help us to continue and better our services
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

I have stayed at the Habitation Hatt 4 or 5 times during visits to Haiti & I have always been impressed with the high quality of service provided by everyone. The rooms are comfortable & clean, the restaurant serves excellent food, the bar always has cold Prestige available & the pool is a delightful way to end the day. I highly recommend this hotel to anybody traveling to Port-au-Prince.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Simon M
Praia, Cape Verde
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

I know Hahitation Hatt hotel from 2011. The first time I went there it is with IFRC Haiti who take 10 rooms everyday during 1 years.
When I finish my mission in Haiti , i come back again for just two weeks. Why I choise HH it is just beaucause the workers on this hotel they are profesional workers. My room it is every day clean. They clean pool several time per day. I'm in this hotel like a king. In Habitation Hatt you have a profesional team, good food, clean pool, security...and with all this the price it is good. For it is the best hotel i Port au prince.
Abdoul Wahabou

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Awahabou
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here while on a medical mission trip. Most rooms are large with adequate bathrooms. Bring your own pillow. Since this was my third trip to Haiti I was prepared for the turning off/on of the ac after 6:30 a.m and the intermittent power outages. This is not normally a big problem since we're gone during the day, but room #38 was located on the top floor and had large glass windows that were like a magnifying glass. Since the AC was not turned on until late afternoon, the room did not cool down until about 1:00 a.m. Other rooms in the complex appeared to be comfortable and good AC. The hotel was clean and staff was courteous. Many young families utilize this facility while visiting future adoptive children, so the pool was typically crowded with young children. It was fun to interact with the families and talk with them about their upcoming adoptions.

Restaurant was good, but not great. Breakfast was the best, with french toast a big favorite. Creole Pasta and Creole Chicken were the favorites for dinner. The lobby area was open and roomy with a very accommodating front desk clerk. Beware of the parrot who will squawk and lunge at you if you unintentionally get too close. Pretty to look at, but keep your distance!

The hotel compound is fairly secure with a large locked gate at night and security guard. I felt very safe. Compared to other properties I have stayed in, this is one of the better hotels in Haiti particularly since the earthquake. Convenient to the airport. Would definitely stay here again as long as it's not in room 38 (at least not in summer). Will ask for a room on the ground floor next time:)

Still, compared to what most Haitians contend with on a daily basis, this was luxurious.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room. Some upper level rooms are only accessible by a narrow, spiral stairca...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank DocC
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have traveled to many countries and decided to try Haiti.To be honest I was a bit nervous from all of the news stories.Once arriving at the Hotel I was greeted by the staff very warmly.The owners go out of their way to make you feel at home.My room was clean and fully stocked with all of the toiletries I needed. The food was so good I wanted to take the cook home with me.:) I spent a lot of time relaxing by the pool. Seeing the kids have so much fun put a smile on my face.I noticed in one of the reviews several people in a party said they got sick.That could happen in the US or maybe they had a stomach virus.I had no problem at all.The only thing I would suggest are new updated bedspreads.I will be returning again to this lovely property.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Alison H
Würzburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We found this hotel in the internet and the pictures were nice. So we decided to spend our vacations there. When we arrived, we found a great hotel, nicer than the pictures showed it.
The owners were so friendly and welcomed us in a great way. They showed us our rooms, the property and the restaurant. Everything was perfect. The rooms were clean and we had a lot of space. We enjoyed the free Wifi so we could write to our family at home and stay in contact. Every day we had free continental breakfest and it was delicious!
We ate every day in the restaurant and the food was great! The staff in the Hotel and the Restaurant was always friendly and made us feeling like home.
The kids enjoyed the pool area and we loved the antiques and the garden so much. Meanwhile our kids had fun in the pool, we could relax so good.
We will come back to that hotel anytime we come back to Haiti!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family