“Friendly staff, clean rooms”

Hotel Habitation Hatt
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Port-au-Prince
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Our grupo was very satisfy with service all week long. Free Breakfast along with a delicious creole food. The owners is always available to help. They even gave us a driver to take us to the provinces as we desired.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank limeira20013

Reviewed 10 April 2013

First the good: Employees were great, atmosphere is nice, beautiful property, pool is a good addition. Ok the bad: No hot water in the morning, Went to plug in my electric razor and the light/outlet fell out of the wall, TVs did not work due to no satellite dish, when I first got there I was given a room with no A/C. They told me that it comes on in the evening and turns off in the morning. I called their BS and insisted on having a room with A/C and was told that all the rooms with A/C were taken. Again I called their BS and they magically found a room with A/C. Also was told that the free airport ride that the previous member posted about did not exist for me. Around 8:00 am very loud banging woke up my wife and myself. That was the straw that broke the camels back. Checked out. And went to the "Visa Lodge" Also it would of been nice if the administration would of told us about the construction.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PabloNagua
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I was there for a week the service was very good , the room was very clean even with the construction going on the staff great and respecful the food good but too expensive I will always stay there when ever I am in haiti by the way I recommended a free ride to the airport and a gym my name is Mixo prevot today date 3/22/13

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I have been to habitation hatt hotel for several of my trips to Haiti. The hotel has a great location very close to the airport . The rooms are clean and very comfortable with balcony . The food at the restaurant is great especially the breakfast . The staff is friendly and always very welcoming. I feel very safe there. The pool and bar has a very relaxing atmosphere .

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Heinzy12
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Have stayed at the hotel 8-10 times because of group affiliation. WAY over-priced, even if everything worked.

What Works..?
- The great wait and cleaning staff.

What Doesn't..?
- The Hot Water (have had one lukewarm shower in 6 years, the rest cold).
- The internet. It's a joke; you can pick it up WHEN it's working, IF you're sitting outside the office. Forget about it in your room.
- Furnishings. No dresser,
- Maintenance. Refrigerators don't work. Towel racks broken. Inadequate lighting (had to re-connect two bare wires to make the lamp work at all).
- Way too expensive. Rooms and food ($8 hamburgers, $5.00 for a scoop of ice cream, etc.).
- Internet: when it works (which it doesn't most of the time) you have to be practically sitting on the router to use it

Worst of all..?
- The management has been informed of these problems for 6yrs yet haven't addressed a single issue.

Not sure what the opposite of "excellent" may be but, a picture of this hotel would suffice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hank B
canella13, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Habitation Hatt, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

The management of habitation Hatt Hotel has always tried to satisfy our clients. We thank you for your comments and that will help us to continue and better our services

Reviewed 31 December 2012

I have stayed at the Habitation Hatt 4 or 5 times during visits to Haiti & I have always been impressed with the high quality of service provided by everyone. The rooms are comfortable & clean, the restaurant serves excellent food, the bar always has cold Prestige available & the pool is a delightful way to end the day. I highly recommend this hotel to anybody traveling to Port-au-Prince.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I know Hahitation Hatt hotel from 2011. The first time I went there it is with IFRC Haiti who take 10 rooms everyday during 1 years.
When I finish my mission in Haiti , i come back again for just two weeks. Why I choise HH it is just beaucause the workers on this hotel they are profesional workers. My room it is every day clean. They clean pool several time per day. I'm in this hotel like a king. In Habitation Hatt you have a profesional team, good food, clean pool, security...and with all this the price it is good. For it is the best hotel i Port au prince.
Abdoul Wahabou

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Awahabou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port-au-Prince
Le Plaza Hotel
#18 of 21 in Port-au-Prince
La Maison Hotel
La Maison Hotel
#19 of 21 in Port-au-Prince

Been to Hotel Habitation Hatt? Share your experiences!