Coconut Villa Hotel
US$89
  • Room Service
Prince Hotel(Port-au-Prince)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsevery morningair conditioningclean watergroupinternetsheetspower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I have stayed here once, but have booked many rooms to put guests up throughout the last few years. It is a little oasis in the city and has decent grounds and pool. Food is a bit average. Service and desk staff are slow and a bit rude, even by Haitian standards.

It is rather pricey now, and there are much better options in town with a slew of new hotels.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Graybeard73
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed at Coconut Villa in September 2012. The staffs there were great. The room was large enough and equipped with two beds. The location of the hotel is not too bad-with 24-hour security guard on duty. It is located near a supermarket which is within walking distance. There were minor issues with mosquitoes and the absence of hot water (at any time during the day). Bring or borrow a fan if you want to enjoy a good night sleep as the mosquitoes are all inside the room. Expect to spend a lot of money on food and drink if you're plan to eat at their restaurant. My suggestion to traveler: walk to the nearby supermarket and buy your snack and drinks to store in the small fridge provided with each room. Keep in mind that AC is from nighttime to 6:00 AM.

Room Tip: Do not select rooms that are downstairs in any corners of the hotel. Mosquitoes are mostly concentrated there.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 858Leo858
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I was at the hotel just for a Weekend these people don't know how to treat a customer they rude
when I check in they told I get breakfast every morning until I left I never see any Breakfast it wasn't really important anyway but the service is crap.I bring a friend over so we can be in the pool together one of the employee told me I have to pay $145 for him to be in the pool who does that ? when I ask for the manager they told me the manager wasn't there,but at the same time I saw them treat some other people with respect because they white coconut you're
the worse place I never been .

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank loulou j
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I had a great stay at Coconut Villa during relief efforts in late October. The owner made personal contact/conversation on several occasions to assure my needs were met. The staff was great and I enjoyed good food in the restaurant. The hotel has a great pool for cooling off and security around the clock made for a safe experience. Vacationers shouldn't expect Ritz-level rooms. You're in Haiti. My room was quiet and everything I needed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank James B
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Since January 2010 it feels like I have slept more nights at Coconut Villa than at home. It is a peaceful haven from the heat, dust, and traffic of PaP. It is always a welcoming place to return to after a long day. The rooms are spacious and clean, with air-conditioning and refrigerators. The restaurant and pool area is refreshing. And, the staff are very professional, always accommodating, and genuinely kind.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business