“Surpringly relaxing place in the middle of a busy city”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port-au-Prince
Coconut Villa Hotel
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Port-au-Prince
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel has the look and feel of a resort on the ocean although it is only a short distance from the airport in one of the most crowded places on the hemisphere. The main pluspoint is the great pool area and the places to relax around it. The food is good, rooms are clean and the staff is competent and attentive, but don't expect the American fake smiling. The kitchen seems to be open all the time with all menu's available on any moment. As I was there on a business trip and working most days, the timing of the airconditioning switching on and off was fine. I can definitely recommend this hotel for any type of traveler.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PuffinH

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I came to Haiti on a mission trip and was not sure what to expect. Guarded 24/7, the bed was comfortable, food was good (could use a little more variation) and the pool was great. The food was a little pricey and for the price we paid for the room it would have been nice for the AC to stay on until 8 or 9 am. We were woken every morning by the staff sweeping the walkways by 6:30am. We stayed in Room 5. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alise B
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I have been to Haiti multiple times doing medical work and Coconut Villa is the nicest place I have stayed. The first time I stayed at Coconut Villa, I was blown away (please note my first trip to Haiti involved staying in a bunker). The food is very good, they are flexible to let you change things up or order sides when you are not very hungry. The pool is refreshing at the end of the day. The air conditioner kicks on in the evening when you are craving it the most. This hotel has been there for many years and well maintained,you can tell they have worked hard to keep it beautiful. It is also very sturdy (I joke it is Earthquake tested since it held up and did not have much damage). I have been to the hotel twice and have started getting to know the staff, they open up the more time you spend there. I have seen the reviews on the site regarding the customer service and I disagree with their remarks that the staff is rude. This is Haiti and while the staff might not be dripping with southern charm, they are friendly and if you ask for something and have the patience to wait (again this is Haiti, things in Haiti do not run on a New York minute), they will try to help you. On the last trip, we met Hans who is one of the owners and is very friendly and helpful. This is a family run hotel with a consistent staff, clean environment, safe grounds, and overall fantastic place to stay. We are heading back in March with a group of doctors and students and are very excited. I would highly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank debbik33
Reviewed 2 January 2013

On first trip to Haiti with teenage daughter we found it safe, clean, good service and good food. Prior to arrival there was easy and fast communication online. Booking, payment and information were all done with no hassles. It is definitely an oasis in the city with nice pool and grounds with lots of plants.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Belinda S
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I have stayed here once, but have booked many rooms to put guests up throughout the last few years. It is a little oasis in the city and has decent grounds and pool. Food is a bit average. Service and desk staff are slow and a bit rude, even by Haitian standards.

It is rather pricey now, and there are much better options in town with a slew of new hotels.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Graybeard73
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed at Coconut Villa in September 2012. The staffs there were great. The room was large enough and equipped with two beds. The location of the hotel is not too bad-with 24-hour security guard on duty. It is located near a supermarket which is within walking distance. There were minor issues with mosquitoes and the absence of hot water (at any time during the day). Bring or borrow a fan if you want to enjoy a good night sleep as the mosquitoes are all inside the room. Expect to spend a lot of money on food and drink if you're plan to eat at their restaurant. My suggestion to traveler: walk to the nearby supermarket and buy your snack and drinks to store in the small fridge provided with each room. Keep in mind that AC is from nighttime to 6:00 AM.

Room Tip: Do not select rooms that are downstairs in any corners of the hotel. Mosquitoes are mostly concentra...