“Relaxing retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port-au-Prince
Wall International Guest House
Ranked #7 of 50 Port-au-Prince B&B and Inns
“Relaxing retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Wall's Guest House was such a relaxing place to stay. It was clean, safe and neat to meet people from all over. Having no idea what to expect when coming to Haiti for the first time, I was really impressed.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank HisPrincess1979 .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Northlake, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I've been at Walls in 4 different ocassions, I stay there while I do missionary work in Haiti. It is a very confortable place to come back at night, not fancy but good enough to rest and be ready for the following day!

• Stayed April 2014
Westford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

After staying in many other places in the Port Au Prince area I have made Walls Guest house my new favorite location. The new constructed building is so nice, even though I liked the older building too. Each room with air conditioning is very nice at night after a hard day in the heat doing construction. I have started staying here with my teams (as well as alone) and feel that it is a very safe place. (even has a guard) My teams especially love the pool after a hard day of work. The rooms are very clean and although some rooms share a bathroom, this has never bothered me. (Its not a hotel it is more like a bed and breakfast where you can actually get to know new people) The staff is great and I am greeted like family. I often get up very early and the staff is already cleaning, mopping, cleaning the pool, getting vehicles ready for driving guests. Whenever I have asked for a vehicle to be ready for my team at a certain time it is always on time (which for 10 years this never happened in the past location). Walls can get very busy but I always feel Veniel, Nickolson and Benna as well as all the other staff, try very hard to meet the needs of a variety of people staying there. This is not a easy job.
The food is good and I love all the fresh fruit. I always feel very safe at eating anything they prepare, which means a lot in Haiti. I am looking forward to getting back to Haiti in June with my team and knowing that the room and board piece of leading a large team will be handled by Walls Guest House and I will not have to worry.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Fredericksburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at the guest house fir Christmas, the staff mad me feel that I was home. They drive me around make sure that I had a safe trip. I enjoyed their Haitian food. Thank you Veniel and Siliene for make my trip an unforgettable time. I can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have never written a poor review so you know our stay was pretty unpleasant. The staff was not clear regarding one of the charges and failed to clarify when asked to do so. When this was brought up to the owner, she was dismissive and put us in the position of having to negotiate between she and the staff. She also seemed completely unconcerned when we told her staff was trying to sell us objects on the sly. But that may be because in spite of trying to get me to buy things from the gift shop 4 times, I did not. There was construction going on outside our room 24 hours.
The food was fine, nothing special. The pool is a waste of electricity, space, and water for essentially an extra extra large bathtub.
There are other options.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Wall House is terrible - you get the feeling that nobody cares about cleanliness, safety, or providing minimal comforts (a working fan in a 100 degree room). Shared bathrooms are dirty and the food they serve is cheap (hotdogs cut up in spaghetti). Haiti has much better alternatives now -- there are so many better places in Port au Prince. Never again at this dump.

Room Tip: There is no reason to stay here - go any place else.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Sue Y
Vientiane, Laos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have been staying at the guesthouse, at least once or twice a year (usually a week at a time) since 2010 and have been meaning to write this review for a while. This hotel/guesthouse is located conveniently 10 minutes from the airport (address is Delmas 19, number 8 for your immigration form), and airport pick up can be arranged for a very reasonable fee. What separates this hotel from others is both the staff and the fact it is a social enterprise (in fact it has been a social enterprise before we knew what social enterprises were, and pours its profits back into agricultural development projects in rural Haiti). The manager Veniel, and assistant manager Nicholson, are very friendly and helpful. The room cost, and yes some rooms do have a shared bathroom, includes breakfast and dinner. While the food is maybe somewhat standard, especially when feeding such large groups, I have never known anyone to be sick. That may sound like a strange comment, especially if you have not been to Haiti yet, but trust me that food and water quality and safety can be serious health issues at many places. Food is prepared in the highest safety, ice is available from treated water, there is always a water cooler available with good water to fill up your water bottles. There is a small pool to cool off and if you need any presents for back home, a wonderful little gift shop. In June of 2013, they completed a new construction with wonderful rooms, with a/c and ceiling fans. there is a guard on duty 24/7.Best of all it feel like home and I will be sure to return.

Room Tip: You can now pay by visa, no need to take a load of cash with you!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank lloyd d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port-au-Prince
Hotel Habitation Hatt
#1 of 20 in Port-au-Prince
Karibe Hotel
Karibe Hotel
#3 of 13 in Petionville

Been to Wall International Guest House? Share your experiences!