“A real happening restaurant/night spot”
Review of Lakay

Lakay
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Cap-Haitien
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London
“A real happening restaurant/night spot”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Spent a really fun evening dining here with friends. It's a great restaurant/bar with a fun vibe. I was there during spring break and so it was a real mix of people. The service was typical of Haiti, relax, friendly, not overbearing. The food was good - I had a chicken dish - I was surprised that it didn't come with rice; I ordered some and I got some really nice rice - AND chips/fries. I kinda of liked the bathroom, it had a real tropical feel to it. Your just across the street from the water, so for someone living in Europe, escaping the winter chill it was a really memorable night.
I'd definitely recommend Lakay for a night out. At some points, we had to raise our voices as the music is bar/night club loud at points - but you'll have a fun time, for sure!

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
La Malbaie, Canada
“Authentic Haitian Cuisine”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We ordered authentic haitian dishes (egg and ham salade composée for my boyfriend, lambi en sauce for me) and we were not disappointed.

To our suprise, many people were already eating and more came while we were eating, but we never felt overcrowded. The service is quick -that wasn't the case for all the places we had breakfast, lunch or dinner, in Haiti.

The rstaurant is beautifully decorated and looks like a huge terrace. However, it would feel more comfortable to have the restroom area screened.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank mllesoleil
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great creole cuisine”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We dropped by without reservation with a party of 20. They did managed to feed us with a good service. Place was packed with locals and out of towner like us. Classic regional and creole meals are served with flying colors. Chicken w cashews, creole conch (lambi), kibby appetizer, and lobster salad among the order were all tasty. Cold beer and a lot of noise contribute to a good time. Do not expect fancy! Just a clean space with ambience in another chaotic city. Most of us were satisfied. Prices is competitive, from $12 for chicken to $20 for better plates.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Alain L
Tunis
“Nice vibe”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had low expectations for Lakay for the atmosphere but it turned out to be a pretty nice restaurant with a dance floor and a good chilled vibe. Haven't tried the food but it can be a nice option to grab drinks after having had food in a place where you can actually hear each other talking. The place is nicely lit and music was mostly good (different music styles but mostly Kompa). On Saturday night, they brought a DJ for house/pop music which completely changed the atmosphere and there wasn't much dancing after that.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rim_from_Tunisia
New York City, New York
“Salad Langouste”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Another dinner last night at LeKay. I never miss stopping in for lunch and dinner when I'm in Cap Haitien. Ordered the Salad Langouste. It was fresh and delicious.

The owners of Lekay, Phito and Ann Claude, always make us feel like we are at home. Don't come to Cap Haitien without trying LeKay! It's where Haitians, Americans and Europeans come together to enjoy great food.

• Visited December 2013