“Casual, relaxed atmosphere”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Six of us had lunch at Lakay back in February, 2014. The restaurant was busy, mainly non- residents I believe. My husband had goat and said it was very good. My fish was very delicious. The wait staff were friendly and efficient. The happy atmosphere made this restaurant a place I would return to on my next visit.

1  Thank Joanne P

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Spent a really fun evening dining here with friends. It's a great restaurant/bar with a fun vibe. I was there during spring break and so it was a real mix of people. The service was typical of Haiti, relax, friendly, not overbearing. The food was good - I had a chicken dish - I was surprised that it didn't come with rice; I ordered some and I got some really nice rice - AND chips/fries. I kinda of liked the bathroom, it had a real tropical feel to it. Your just across the street from the water, so for someone living in Europe, escaping the winter chill it was a really memorable night.
I'd definitely recommend Lakay for a night out. At some points, we had to raise our voices as the music is bar/night club loud at points - but you'll have a fun time, for sure!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We ordered authentic haitian dishes (egg and ham salade composée for my boyfriend, lambi en sauce for me) and we were not disappointed.

To our suprise, many people were already eating and more came while we were eating, but we never felt overcrowded. The service is quick -that wasn't the case for all the places we had breakfast, lunch or dinner, in Haiti.

The rstaurant is beautifully decorated and looks like a huge terrace. However, it would feel more comfortable to have the restroom area screened.

2  Thank mllesoleil
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We dropped by without reservation with a party of 20. They did managed to feed us with a good service. Place was packed with locals and out of towner like us. Classic regional and creole meals are served with flying colors. Chicken w cashews, creole conch (lambi), kibby appetizer, and lobster salad among the order were all tasty. Cold beer and a lot of noise contribute to a good time. Do not expect fancy! Just a clean space with ambience in another chaotic city. Most of us were satisfied. Prices is competitive, from $12 for chicken to $20 for better plates.

1  Thank Alain L
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had low expectations for Lakay for the atmosphere but it turned out to be a pretty nice restaurant with a dance floor and a good chilled vibe. Haven't tried the food but it can be a nice option to grab drinks after having had food in a place where you can actually hear each other talking. The place is nicely lit and music was mostly good (different music styles but mostly Kompa). On Saturday night, they brought a DJ for house/pop music which completely changed the atmosphere and there wasn't much dancing after that.

1  Thank Rim N