“Almost didn't make it to the airport!”
Review of Tropical Tours

Tropical Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$60.00*
and up
Montego Bay Shore Excursion: Dunn's River Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: Tropical Tours Ltd. is one of the largest Destination Management Companies in the industry, offering the following services: Shuttle & Private Airport Transfers Destination Management Multi-lingual Representation & Assistance Guided Tours Shore Excursions Round-tours Car Rentals Leisure & Incentive Groups We are large enough to provide the services our clients require and small enough to care about our clients needs.
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Booked Tropical Tours apart of our JetBlue Getaway and reserved a round trip shuttle to and from the airport and resort.

Our cab driver that drove us the first day to the resort at Grand Bahia Principe had picked us up to drive back to the airport on our last day of our trip. His name was Fabian and he was a friendly guy but I wished we had a bus with a bunch of people in it instead like how all other tour buses do.

The drive was an hour from our resort to the airport. Our driver was definitely falling asleep and or high from smoking. He was swerving, slowing down then speeding like crazy cutting other cars off. He even had to open the window to stay awake and it was so hot out! about 10 minutes before we got to the airport Fabian was speeding and hit the curb on the highway. both his right front and back hub caps flew off. my bf and i were so scared. i didn't sign up for this crap! we could have got into a really bad car accident with other cars or had been stranded if his tires blew. NEVER AGAIN what a bad experience and makes me not want to go back to Jamaica ever again.

2  Thank fjy_nyc
"worth the trip"
"maxine"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We were the first people picked up and the last off the bus.
We stopped at several hotels and quickly the bus filled up.
(Please be on time for your prearranged pick up time, one couple
held us up by not being ready on time)

Even though it was a long tour day we very much enjoyed spending time on the beach, souvenir shopping at Times Square, and going to Rick's Cafe. Unfortunately due to a light rain we did not see a Negril sunset. (TIP: Check the weather forecast before booking so it won't be a problem for you)

Our guide was Maxine and she was truly wonderful.
She always knew the answers to the countless questions she was asked during the tour. (You could tell she loved her job)

She most definitely does a head count before moving on to the next destination.

The beach place you are taken to in Negril is a small complex with a restaurant/bar, washroom, with some stores that sell clothing & souvenirs (suggest you wait and buy your items at Times Square in store #10 which has the best prices), and a changing room.

There are nearby water activities you can do, and Maxine will tell you to sign up right away so they won't interfere with the departure time.

No complaints about our driver.

We were staying at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel and did our booking via the hotel.

Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

I travelled to Jamaica with my BF last month and while planning activities I decided to visit Port Antonio because since childhood it was described as the most beautiful parish. I shopped around and other companies were extremely expensive and only offered a driver without entry to attractions. Tropical Tours/Budget Tours was the only tour company that offered this day trip for an insanely reasonable price that included so many activities, so I reached out to them to investigate if it was too good to be true. Their correspondence was immediately and they were so informative and accommodating and felt comfortable booking with them as they answered all my questions and gave me payment options in advance. They picked up my BF and I at the hotel in a clean and comfortable van that included other travelers and we absolutely fell loved our guide Cheryl who was a treat providing so much information on the tour and did it with so much charisma. We also had a group of rude and obnoxious people with us and she handled them gracefully, never losing her cool. When we arrived to Port Antonio it was naturally amazing and the greenest place I've seen. We went to Somerset Falls first, which is smaller than Dunns River but way more beautiful and secluded. We were able to swim at the bottom of the falls and took a boat to get closer and into a cave underneath the falls. My BF suffers from back problems and the boat conductor took him out of the boat and to a section under the falls where the water massaged him...miraculously no more pain! We were allowed more time to swim around and take pictures and afterwards headed to the next attraction. Blue Lagoon completely took my breath away!! We had to pay $20 US extra for the boat ride on the lagoon but it was well worth it. I've never seen water with so many shades of blue/green...words cannot describe it. As we sailed around the lagoon we saw the villas of many rich/famous and as we continued further out where the lagoon met the sea, we were allowed out of the boat to swim in the warmest water ever. It was just gorgeous and it was delightful to see a speckled sting ray swim among our group. We then headed to Fisherman's Cove beach which is a private and super sexy beach with white sand and beautiful inlets and smaller adjoining rivers. Lunch was included on our trip and we were served chicken, fish, pork, rice and peas, fresh green salad and macaroni salad, along with dessert. Drinks were included, even Red Stripe! After Eating on the beach which was romantic and relaxing, we headed to the Rio Grande for rafting. As if we weren't having an amazing enough day, this was a perfect ending. Our raft captain was Valentine and he was a great guide who told us so much history about the river, the surrounding land, and about Sweet Jamaica overall. He even serenaded my BF and I with Jamaica folk songs ( I couldn't help to chime in and harmonize with him lol) It rained and boy was valentine prepared, providing us with an umbrella in the nick of time so we didn't soak. The rain in no way took away from the experience and after a 2 hour ride we were almost tranquilized lol. Overall this tour was A + and exceeded my expectations from the professionalism of the reps, guide (Cheryl), driver (Finney), the economy of the experience where we enjoyed so much, it was perfectly organized and other companies need to take lessons from you guys how to conduct business and how to make people fall more in love with Jamaica! I look forward to my next trip and will definitely use the company again. I already made the recommendation to my family visiting in June who anticipate having the same experience. Thanks again for wonderful memories.

4  Thank Jantraveldiva
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I recently did Tropical Tours' three-stop day trip to Jamaica's southern interior: Black River, YS Falls and Appleton Estates. Can only report good things. Our guide, Ellis, was attentive, friendly and knowlegable. And a skilled driver on Jamaica's white-knuckle rural mountain roads! This is carded as a 12-hour tour but was more like 13.5 hours, due in large part to leisurely meal service and a rain delay in the transportation at YS Falls. As a result, our arrival at Appleton was delayed past their normal closing but Ellis called ahead and arranged for them to wait for us. It was a long but satisfying day that gave us a glimpse at rural life in Jamaica and a great window on Jamaican culture and history, thanks to Ellis' enthusiasm and knowledge. Tropical Tours' mechanics deserve a lot of credit for keeping these vehicles in shape on some very rough roads. Very satisfied.