“Great place, authentic Thai food”
Review of Thai Gardens - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Gardens
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Having seen the two other dreadful reviews posted below, we weren't expecting much! But we were dying for some Thai food so we thought we'd give this restaurant a go, and were pleasantly suprised!

Sitting out in the garden under a big mango tree is lovely, our waiter was excellent, and my husband had a Tom Yum soup to start which was totally delicious. He then had a Pad Thai which wasn't as spicy as he might have hoped, but I had a Thai green prawn curry which was absolutely excellent - full of lovely flavours with big, fresh prawns. I would definitley recommend this place to anyone looking for a change from Jamaican fare!

There was only a few other peopel there, but it being a Monday night we were glad of any company. The price seemed steep by Irish standards, a starter, two mains, two beers and a fruit juice came to 6200 Jamaican dollars, but we are getting used to the fact that things just are more expensive here!

Had to put the record to right, as it came across as a great little place, and I have a feeling people don't post very often when they are happy, only when they've had a bad experience, and all places have their off days. Give it a go and enjoy! We'll be going back to try out the Indian menu soon.

For more of our adventures in Jamaia, see here: hotexpatmummy.wordpress.com

Reviewed 7 November 2010

If you're into bad customer service and meat that tastes like an unrecognizable entity, then by all means, visit the Montego Bay, Rosehall branch of this restaurant (near Halfmoon).

My guest and I went with high expectations as the exterior gives you a down-home, yet elegant vibe with a waterfall and lush, tropical trimmings upon entering.
Once inside though, the restaurant's charm quickly dissipates. Roughly, the first question the waitress asked was, "ARE YOU JAMAICAN?" Apparently if you're Jamaican, you get 20% off.

First, the wonton appetizer ($8.95 plus almost an 18% tax) arrived, which described on the menu, seemed an excellent choice...but I've had better appetizers at Burger King for less than a dollar. The soda was flat and had to be replaced three times and still wasn't quite right.

We were both very excited to try the Green Chicken Curry; however, my associate is a vegetarian. We were splitting the large dish so we kindly asked the waitress to prepare the dish as usual, but to leave the meat on the side.

After waiting for what seemed like eternity for our food to arrive, the waitress came out and said the chefs could not prepare our meal this way and that we needed to order two meals. I was ready to leave but my guest suggested we stay and stick with the order – she’d just pick all the meat out. Minutes later, the meal was in front of us which caused me to believe that the waitress failed to tell the chefs how we wanted our meal prepared. I wonder if we would’ve left, as I suggested, how befuddled the chefs would’ve been.

The chicken also looked very suspect and tasted equally foreign. I went into this place with effervescent wonder and left with a stomachache and headache.