“It doesn’t get any better than this!”

The Spanish Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 29 April 2012

How about free in-room wired Internet with blazing download speeds of 90 Mbps? How about a delicious and complimentary breakfast with fresh baked breads and muffins, with a variety of local fruits and with custom-cooked omelets? How about an HD flat screen TV with 50 local, international and entertainment channels? How about a shower with plenty of hot water and good water pressure? How about 24-hour room service? How about the friendliest staff you can imagine – with everyone radiating joy and offering guests a sincere feeling of warm hospitality? No, although it may sound like it, the hotel did not pay me to write this glowing report; the Spanish Court is absolutely deserving of the praise it receives and its ranking of excellence among hotels in Kingston. There is so much more good I could write about Kingston itself, but to my mind it all starts with this hotel...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SantaFeB

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Very well appointed, staff are wonderful and so accommodating. Traveling all the time, my room has to be perfect, they moved me 3 times until I was happy, only wanted to please me. Food was good. Rooms were very nice. Lobby is a lovely place to greet people and just read and relax. We especially loved getting our espresso every morning in the cafe. And Rachel gives a fabulous massage. I highly recommend it..and as you can see from the room, I'm very picky.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The staff is wonderful, the breakfast is great & the hotel is safe & secure. The restaurant is pretty good & varied, pool area & bar areas are awesome. Rooms are small but are fully modernized, flat screen TV's, strong internet connection, nice group of international travelers. I was here for business, it was perfect with a great business center & its in a decent section of the city. This is really the only place you should even consider when staying within Kingston city limits.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Situated in New KIngston, it is a well run property. My room was clean, quiet and spacious. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Public spaces were modern, well designed and comfortable.

They went out of their way to make you feel welcome, including the cocktail on check-in. The coffee shop had long hours and there is a roof-top bar. The breakfasts were good.

An added benefit. I very rarely turn on a TV when I travel but there were two Canadian TV stations offered. News from home.

The place is secure in a city that is often isn't.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2012

A friend and I stayed at The Spanish Court this past Easter weekend as part of out hiking trip to the Blue Mountains. We made arrangements for them to keep our bags prior to checking in so that we only had nap sacks to take up the Mountain. Staff were very courteous and helpful throughout our stay. On arrival the next day from our trek we were greeted with drinks of our choice and check in went smoothly. We had the pleasure of using the spa which was soooo needed after over 8 hours of hiking! Really enjoyed that experience and would like to thank the lady that accommodated my friends last minute request for a spa treatment. Internet worked for the most part but sometimes it was slow. Rooms were a fair enough size for two girls with tons of luggage and the beds quite comfy. Breakfast choices were plentiful and most important tasty. Surroundings, rooms, pool area all clean and well kept. I absolutely love the decor. On Saturday night we sat out by the pool area, it was rather quite and listen to this guy sing and play his guitar. Saw a wedding party heading for their ceremony on Sunday while lounging outside. I want to point out an observation (sometimes you go to a hotel and don't feel that you are treated quite equally especially if you are local-I live abroad but from Jamaica; so I was on the look out for the service level and I am proud to say all was fair and that's the type of hotel one should stay at!) Overall a great experience and I will definitely be staying here each time I visit Kingston and spreading the word to my travel network.

Room Tip: We were in room 228 which is 2nd floor right by the pool. Was originally concerned by noise but wasn...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed here for a wedding in Kingston. Some of our friends complained about the size of the rooms- which I agree isn't huge... but really....why spend time in your room when you are so close to New Kingston and also have the rooftop infinity pool/patio where you can socialize. Everyone working at the hotel was extremely friendly, the breakfasts were great and included some authentic Jamaican foods (ackee and saltfish, festival, calalloo etc.)

The pool was really trendy and cool, but not necessarily that functional as swimming laps resulted in water splashing everywhere...but if you are in Jamaica and you want to swim..you should go to a beach :D or spend part of your vacation in MoBay, Ocho Rios or Negril (which we did for the latter part of the trip).

Our A/C was SUPER cold, and you have to leave your room key in to keep the room cold... Great from an energy saving perspective.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JCBVacay
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Recently (March 2012) stayed at The Spanish Court Hotel. Beautiful, contemporary lobby with great color and style. The front desk staff was first class and provided a wonderful check in experience. The "arrival champagne" was also a nice touch and unexpected. The rooms are very sleek, modern and well maintained. They also offer 2 bottles of complementary water and internet access. Bathroom was nice and the Rusk brand bath amenities are super nice. We did have some issues with WiFi speed in our room and I went to the lobby expecting to get better speed. This worked, but more importantly the front office staff asked if I was ok and I told them about the problem. They told me they just upgraded the WiFi system and loaded the building with routers. They advised me they would send someone up to check why we were having issues in the room and reset anything that wasn't working properly. When we returned later that evening, the WiFi in the room worked perfectly. They also have a very cool outdoor bar that surrounds the pool on the 2nd floor. Great place to chill with a cocktail in the evening. They also serve food but we didn't order here. Breakfast was included in our rate. I am not sure if this is standard to all guests but a nice perk and a very good breakfast. They offered a nice selection of fresh fruit, breads, cereal, meat, a couple Jamaican breakfast items and an omelet station. Service was friendly and prompt. The parking lot is monitored with a security guard, like everywhere in Kingston, so there was no concerns with the safety of our car. There was also no charge for the parking. Overall the Spanish Court Hotel is certainly the place to stay in Kingston. From ambiance to service, you will truly enjoy this hotel experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Courtyard by Marriott Kingston, Jamaica
Terra Nova All Suite Hotel
Liguanea Club
Liguanea Club
#8 of 25 in Kingston

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!