“The Gem of Kingston”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“The Gem of Kingston”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This boutique hotel was lovely from start to finish. The staff greets you with champagne and the stay mirrored the warm welcome. The rooms are clean, well appointed and comfortable. The sky bar was a great place for my group to just relax and unwind by the small but gorgeous elevated infinity pool. We left feeling well rested and well taken care of. The only bad thing that I can say is that the after hours food is not that great, but what do you expect at 1 am in the morning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nsutton2002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay with this hotel & I would definitely recommend it! The staff are courteous & knowledgeable & the junior suite room was spacious. I completed their survey after my stay & received a call from the hotel management a few days later to discuss my comments and they offered a generous refund for the inconvenience caused. Outstanding top class customer service!! Thank you Spanish Court Hotel & Ms. Imelda Chin!!

Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I think this is the best hotel in Kingston, the hotel has a very friendly and helpful staff, the rooms are very comfortable and the food is great! Highly recommended if you are staying in Kingston!

I forgot to mention Wifi works well all over the hotel.

Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed January 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed at the Spanish Court early December and I must say that it was quite pleasant.
You get a complementary beverage upon checking in, the staff are very courteous and breakfast was included as well as Wifi in the room. The room was a bit on the small side in my opinion, but it was rather comfy. The bathroom was clean and modern and there was a mini fridge which came in perfect for storing water, drinks, etc which you can easily get at the supermarket which is right across the street. The staff were even kind enough to charge my cell phone when my own charger broke. As a meals tip, if you find the room service menu to be limited, head down or call the restaurant since they have more items and you can also have their menu items brought to your room. Overall, good location, had a pleasant stay and I would stay there again on my next visit to Kingston.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
NJ
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I arrived by car service form the Kingston Airport as arranged by the hotel. Driver was very cordial and informative . I had a 3 am check in on Christmas day and the gentleman at the front desk did an excellent job. I was overly tired and hungry and he made a call to the chef and i had a nice meal in my room within minutes. This is my third stay at the Spanish Court and the staff are the most commendable part of this amazing hotel. This is why i continually recommend this hotel to my colleagues and they too have shared the joys here. This is also my choice for Spa gifts to friends and family as they have the best Spa in kingston. The rooms are always inviting and luxurious and so is the entire decor of this hotel. I had a late check out on Christmas day, but before i left i had a quaint knock at my door and i was given a nice little Christmas gift of appleton rum and a nice satchel of jablum blue mountain roasted coffee . Nice There is no where else to stay in Kingston but here ... p.s Thanks to the generous staff for delivering to me scotch tape and scissors to finish wrapping my gifts on Christmas day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KKite
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the service from the staff, the guest room was clean and the location was perfect. I felt like I was home.

I work in the hospitality business so I know when I am given good service and this hotel made sure I was taken care of. I will always stay at this hotel when I am in New Kingston.

• Stayed December 2013
Orlando
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was in Kingston on business and this was my 2nd time in Jamaica. I didn't book this hotel, so I didn't know what to expect; I was only hoping it would be better than my last trip. I was very impressed. It was an upscale boutique hotel I might expect to see in Miami, only it was in Kingston. Beautiful lobby, I loved the pool bar upstairs. Outstanding restaurant. Service was great at every encounter with hotel staff. The rooms were stylish and comfortable. I have no idea what it cost, but I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone who is looking for accommodations in Kingston.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Courtyard Kingston, Jamaica
Liguanea Club
Liguanea Club
#7 of 25 in Kingston
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!