“Nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Punta Cana
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This nice hotel is located in New Kingston. It is close to everything. The hotel is very well kept and clean. Even though the hotel is not big is very complete, there is a spa, coffee shop, gym, gift shop. Actually it is very intimate and classic.
I will be back. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Excellent location
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Vancouver
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had been to the Spanish Court before, and I recall having a very good experience, with one exception - poor service at the Sky Bar (poolside on the 2nd floor). On this past week, I again experienced poor service from the staff by the bar, and so when the customer survey came into my email, I decided to fill it out, and make a comment about it. Well, no more than 4 hours later, I received a call from the general manager apologizing for the service, and offering me a choice of generous ways to offset my experience with the Sky Bar.

I have never experienced customer satisfaction efforts like this, and certainly did not expect any tangible compensation to come as a result of my minor complaint. This is really what sets the Spanish Court apart from other hotels - personalized service.

I won't bore you with other details that others have written about w.r.t. value etc. This is THE hotel to stay at in New Kingston. My lesson learned: I should have brought this up to the management while I was still a guest, rather than waiting till the survey showed up.

Room Tip: I didn't have one, but would avoid rooms facing the pool area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank rico_vancouver
Coconut Grove, FL
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I did not stay at the hotel but had two dinners at the poolside restaurant. The food and service were excellent particularly the hamburgers and the seafood. The atmosphere was great. I didn't have a chance to see a room but judging from the restaurant they should be nice. I was booked into the Pegasus down the street, possible the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The manager of the restaurant said that the Spanish Court was probably a little more expensive but worth the price. At the Pegasus my telephone did not work, nor the TV, nor the safe, nor the door lock. I would be willing to pay a little extra for that. There is not a large selection of hotels in downtown Kingston, therefore I believe the Spanish Court is the best value even if it is a little more pricey.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NaylandXSmith
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 3 June 2014

nice quite and cozy place..
Good for business travelers .. a friendly place.. good restaurant..
would highly recommend to stay in this hotel if you're traveling to kingston.. close to the super market and the bob marley museusm, in case ur interseted in a visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ravish P
Reviewed 1 June 2014

'm not a food critic, but I do like food. I've dined in many restaurants in Canada, US, Europe and Jamaica.

Here is my review of the RoJo restaurant in the Spanish Court hotel, and some general comments.

First let me preface this by saying that I've know the hotel before it was a hotel. During the late seventies up to 1981, when I left Jamaica to live in Canada, it was a plaza with a restaurant, shops and a night club. I had breakfast there many Sunday mornings.

So when I booked at the Hotel for three nights, while visiting Jamaica for a wedding I decided to try the restaurant at least one night. I perused the menu and selected the braised lamb in a red wind reduction. I love lamb shank and have has it in very expensive restaurants but I have to say that this was the best braises lamb shank I have has ever.

I initially chose the wrong wine to pair with this meal but soon corrected this.

I read great reviews about the hotel so expected a good visit and was not disappointed.

Staff was great. Facilities great also. Location was perfect for what I wanted to do. But it was the excellent braised lamb that totally topped it off for me.

When in Kingston, check out this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Louis M
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Cozy hotel sitting in the middle of Kingston premier business district. Pleasant surroundings. Good food. Top-class service. A good choice for business travellers to Kingston. Good business centre facilities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Obgold
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The friendliness and personal approach of the staff makes stay just great. Normally a hotel stay is a 'have-to' for business, but this made it special. Perhaps just because most Jamaicans are very friendly.... all the better.

Room Tip: the standard rooms at the back might not have nice view, but they are fine and quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank P W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
Terra Nova All Suite Hotel
Jamaica Inn
Jamaica Inn
#2 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!