“HEAVEN... IN KINGSTON JA!”

The Spanish Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
London
“HEAVEN... IN KINGSTON JA!”
Reviewed 2 June 2010

The hotel exceeded my expectations by far! Much better quality than the Hilton and other surrounding hotels.
Centrally located so that you are near but not too close to the hussle and bussle of downtown kingston.

I stayed here with my mum and 4yr old nephew, and the room was spacious enough for all of us plus playing space for the child. Bathrooms were very clean and the bath was MASSIVE! Room service were very polite and so was the maid service.

Wide selection of food at breakfast, and loved that my native family had a lovely welcome by the hotel staff when they joined us for breakfast.

It did take a while too long be checked in, but once it was all done and i saw the room i was happy again!

I would 100% recommend everyone to stay in this hotel.... i have booked a week here for my next trip in Jan 11!

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank Samairajane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Polish first
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2010

We were upgraded to a suite and given champagne on arrival. The staff were extremely helpful over my wife's suitcase being broken into on our flight to Kingston. Breakfast was magnificent with a wide range of standard and local dishes. It seems that there are no reasonable hotels in central Kingston and the hotel said it wasn't practical to get a bus to town so we took a taxi. In town, we soon worked out the bus system and used them with no hassles for the rest of of our two day stay.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amp-qld
NY
Reviewed 27 April 2010

My friends and I recently stayed at the Spanish Court hotel, and what a awesome time we had! Having stayed at most of the hotels in the area, I must confess that Spanish court out shines all the others. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. The hotel was beautifully decorated, rooms on the small side but it did not matter since our trip was not about being cooped up in the room. Rooms were nicely decorated, had a big screen TV, bathroom was large and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was tasty however I would recommend that they add more Jamaican variety. One day we had an issue with the bathroom, called the front desk and within minutes a repair man was knocking our door. Great service!!! I give the Spanish Court hotel 5 stars for overall experience and since my return home have recommended it to all my friends.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank mchuesang
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I stayed here for a week and for me it was the best business trip i've ever had, i've spent time in all the other hotel in Kingston and this is the best by far. the staff mannerism was tip top. in the mornings when i get to the restaurant im greeted and seated offered coffee or tea and got treated to a wonderful buffet, everyday it a new jamaican dish which was simply delicioso. the pool bar over looking the town and the montains so lovly, one of me client who is a jamaica came after after fiveteen years said that his dad makes a wonderful bbq wings and hes been around the world and never tasted that bbq wings and after fiveteen years he came and tasted it back home he said, wonderful chefs we met thanks to sous chefs kenail, george and richie," keep createing grate food guys" . the rooms were immaculate, flat screen tv , high speed internet. thank you spanish court.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank tonyshae
texas
Reviewed 15 April 2010

I traveled to Kingston on business having made reservations thru my corporate travel department weeks in advance. When we arrived, they had no record of our reservations despite our reservation confirmation numbers. My guessis thta they were overbooked and gave our rooms to someone else. Not the way you want to be treated when traveling to a foreign country and only hours before a big meeting the next morning.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
9 Thank oskiwow
NYC
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Over all my stay was great, the service was as I had hope for. However , I must make extra emphasis on the food , everything was delicious. Never had such impeccable restaurant service in a hotel before. Thanks a lot, definitely made my trip much easier. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be comfortable while on business or pleasure in Kingston.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
NYC
Reviewed 31 March 2010

We had two short stays in The Spanish Court in January, and they were both wonderful experiences. The hotel is modern and clean with all the amenities, including an extremely comfortable bed. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was delicious and plentiful with lots of variety. It was the outstanding service, however, that made this hotel truly special. Every staff member seemed not only professional, but also ready to accommodate our every need in the most tactful and pleasant manner. We had a slight problem our second stay and were almost embarrassed that we received so much immediate attention to it that we felt like privilegted guests. The pool area on the roof is a bit harsh in the daytime sun and not very special, but it is transformed in the evening to a bar that is a lovely place to relax. When judging this hotel, you have to put it in the context of its location, which is central and convenient but not comparable to resort areas. For where it is located, The Spanish Court is a prize, and we would head straight back on any future trip to Kingston.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Courtyard Kingston, Jamaica
Liguanea Club
Liguanea Club
#7 of 25 in Kingston
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel

Been to The Spanish Court Hotel? Share your experiences!