We made our Valentine weekend special at the Strawberry Hill Hotel in the mountains. We wanted to escape the city without having to drive to the other side of the island. This was only a 30 minute drive from Kingston. It was the perfect escapade. You are surrounded by nature, fresh air, and an amazing view of the city.
You can relax on the long beach chairs by the infinity pool or take a quick dip in its cold river water to refresh your body. The food at the restaurant is delicious and the service is really good.
We booked the GONG room, which apparently was Bob Marley’s room. It was great, two private balconies with a wonderful view, an outdoor shower, small kitchen and bathroom, tv, desk, etc… it had the feel of a cottage which I really liked.
Being in the mountains, it can get colder at night than in the city. Luckily for our cold feet, ladies, their mattress has heated pads under the sheets with personal controls for each side so our men can choose not to use it. ;)
Because this is not a cabin made of concrete but wood, you can hear a lot of what is going on outside of your room. We did not sleep well because of it but we still appreciated our short stay. Strawberry Hill Hotel is a luxury hotel with luxurious prices. We only spent one night and it costs us as much as would 2 nights on the north coast beaches, but really, I can assure you that the place is worth it. If you are staying in the Kingston area, you have to consider and try a one night stay at Strawberry Hill Hotel. And if you don’t mind spending more money, I am sure you can also enjoy their spa on site!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strawberry Hill Hotel, Spa & Gardens, a 26-acre mountain top resort, is located in the heart of one of the world's most famous coffee-producing mountain ranges, Jamaica's Blue Mountains. Listed in the New York Times #1 bestselling book, 1,000 Places To See Before You Die, Strawberry Hill is 3100 feet above sea level and features one of the most awe-inspiring views of the Blue Mountains in one direction as well as the city of Kingston in the other. On a clear day, one can see up to 100 miles from the property's infinity-edge pool, and at night the city far below becomes a twinkling mirror of the night sky. The property's 12 Georgian-style cottages, spa, exotic gardens and restaurant offerings underwent an extensive refurbishment in October 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Strawberry Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strawberry Hill Irish Town
- Strawberry Hill Jamaica/Kingston