We stayed in 6 hotels during our trip in Jamaica and this for sure was the best.
For starters it does take a while to get all the way up there from Kingston though the 45 minutes drive for sure is worth it. After checking in we were guided to our room which was located on a hillside facing Kingston. The view was just breath taking not just at day but also at night when the city lighted up. The staff was very friendly and very talkative especially the manager (I cant remember his name though) talked for a while and introduced us how the hotel was founded.
Then for me, food is rather important as I like to eat good food. I felt a bit sorry for not being able to get in the city for dinner (45 minutes to and 45 minutes back wont work for me) though we were pleased to find out the dinner at the hotel was very good. Same goes for the breakfast and if you have a chance in the weekend they serve a brunch which is pretty interesting so you can take a bit of everything.
The only downside maybe is the staircase towards the hotel room. It went downhill and was made from wood, I would prefer to see this in steel. For the rest its highly advisable to visit this hotel when you pass by Jamaica.
And while you are there don't forget to visit the Blue Mountain coffee estate (called UCC I believe). It's only a 15 minutes walk from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strawberry Hill Hotel, Spa & Gardens, a 26-acre mountain top resort, is located in the heart of one of the world's most famous coffee-producing mountain ranges, Jamaica's Blue Mountains. Listed in the New York Times #1 bestselling book, 1,000 Places To See Before You Die, Strawberry Hill is 3100 feet above sea level and features one of the most awe-inspiring views of the Blue Mountains in one direction as well as the city of Kingston in the other. On a clear day, one can see up to 100 miles from the property's infinity-edge pool, and at night the city far below becomes a twinkling mirror of the night sky. The property's 12 Georgian-style cottages, spa, exotic gardens and restaurant offerings underwent an extensive refurbishment in October 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Strawberry Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strawberry Hill Irish Town
- Strawberry Hill Jamaica/Kingston