Our one night stay at Strawberry Hill was a surprise birthday present; we have learnt since our return home that the booking process was a nightmare to arrange in advance, inefficient and disinterested would sum it up. The setting is incomparable, the garden, pool and main buildings stunning but basic things are being missed. The room was fine, rustic but very clean, overlooking Kingston, 70 steps or so down from the main path, with a lovely terrace from which we could almost touch the hummingbirds. The bathroom was in need of an upgrade though, with a cracked sink, discoloured mirror and rusty shower rail. There was no information about the hotel at all in the room, or things to do in the area, which was irritating. There was tea and coffee but no milk and only sugar in the fridge; cd player and cds, and dvd player but no dvds. The staff were very friendly but service was a bit slow, and disinterested, and a couple of requests for pool towels and dvds were ignored. The food was adequate but nothing special for the price.The bill on checking out was not itemised which seems very odd, listing invoices one, two and three is not sufficient, and is open to error. It is a lovely relaxing place but the flaws need to be fixed for it to be value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strawberry Hill Hotel, Spa & Gardens, a 26-acre mountain top resort, is located in the heart of one of the world's most famous coffee-producing mountain ranges, Jamaica's Blue Mountains. Listed in the New York Times #1 bestselling book, 1,000 Places To See Before You Die, Strawberry Hill is 3100 feet above sea level and features one of the most awe-inspiring views of the Blue Mountains in one direction as well as the city of Kingston in the other. On a clear day, one can see up to 100 miles from the property's infinity-edge pool, and at night the city far below becomes a twinkling mirror of the night sky. The property's 12 Georgian-style cottages, spa, exotic gardens and restaurant offerings underwent an extensive refurbishment in October 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Strawberry Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strawberry Hill Irish Town
- Strawberry Hill Jamaica/Kingston