“Strawberry Hills”
Review of Strawberry Hill

Strawberry Hill
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 18 August 2006

It is a very long, windy road up from Kingston - 50 min. We felt ill. Beautiful views, great pool, fantastic food with a delightful chef. Spa facilities were interesting but not really affective. Rooms are individual cottages, they are 'tired'. Bath/showers seemed moldy. Seemed over priced. No safe in my room and my son's room only had a broken safe....I should have guessed something was not right then - my bag of jewelry went missing and has not turned up despite my numerous telephone calls.

Suggestion - if you go, take precautions - don't take valuables. Better to go for lunch or dinner not stay the night.

6  Thank KLBM

A TripAdvisor Member
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed 6 July 2006

I went to Strawberry Hills in April 2006. I was very disappointed with the resort. The pool did not have enough chairs to accomodate everyone at the resort. Most people claimed the few chairs around the pool by breakfast. It was virtually impossible to sit by the pool unless you did that.

There was no variety on the menu. There are no vegetarian dishes on the dinner menu. As an all inclusive guest you are given the same menu for each meal. Because of the location of the resort, you have no choice but to eat in the restaurant. The waitstaff was not very attentive. It was impossible to get refills on your drinks. This was surprising given that usually there was only about 6 people in the restaurant at one time. The mini bar was never restocked. Housekeeping did not always clean the room until after dinner.

The resort itself was beautiful. The views were stunning. The guides for hiking were very knowledgeable and friendly. My boyfriend and I got engaged at the resort so it will always hold fond memories. Unfortunately, we were to disappointed with the resort to consider going back there.

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 December 2005

What a sublime spot this hotel is. Friendly, efficient staff. Views, great rooms, excellent food and great cocktails. Very peaceful too. We really enjoyed ourselves here and felt very pampered. It's pretty expensive though. It was worth it though and was were we finished our honeymoon.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank MorePlay
Reviewed 11 September 2005

First off, I have to point out that I was only a dining guest at Strawberry Hill.
I was vacationing in Jamaica and decided that it would be a great idea to treat a couple of my friends to dinner.
I called ahead to reserve and have to point out that even though we got there later than expected, the staff was very gracious.
The ambiance was wonderful, the view was breathtaking and I was in seventh heaven because my guests were impressed. That was until dinner was served.
The food was horrible. I ordered lamb (well done) and was unable to cut it. Nothing was to my satisfaction. We all ordered different meals, and no one thought theirs was decent. I was sorely embarrassed.
The chef stopped by, and I proceeded to tell him that my lamb was not well done, and he had the nerve to tell me how he personally liked his, which was of no importance to me.
As if we weren't turned off enough, when the bill came, I realized that I had been overcharged by US$40, which I pointed out to the waitress.

The accomodations seem wonderful, and I had planned on trying it out prior to this experience. Now let's just say that this has left a sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank NativeNYorker
Reviewed 2 January 2005

the best thing about strawberry hill was indeed the aveda spa and the view from the mountain. the villas were very nice (a lot of steps if you stay in timbuktu). i only stayed for 3 nights and the price was significantly higher than my previous jamaican vacation of 5 nights all inclusive in ocho rios. if you are looking for total relaxation....strawberry hill is the spot. not a party spot, the food was good but expensive.

7  Thank Lezette02
Reviewed 10 March 2004

3 nights was enough to call Strawberry HIlls resort in jamaica - HEAVEN!! Simply fantastic to say the least. Costly somewhat - but you get what you pay for. The peace and quiet and serenity was superb . The service still needs a little more attention especially in the food area since you MUST have most of your meals here since travelling off the hill is quite the journey indeed. The room was clean, the view to die for- the sunset was Phenominal and the bed was big, nice and I loved the aveda products. This is a place to relax and reflect on life - not a place to party. And make sure you get to the Aveda Spa for your full body massage and then you are even one more step closer to experiencing Heaven - STRAWBERRY HILLS, JAMAICA! Be Happy!

17  Thank Spencertraveller
A TripAdvisor Member
Westchester,NY
Reviewed 29 February 2004

It a amazing trip for us. Peaceful, calming and lovely scenery we could said. The new chef create the most excellent food it was wonderful, and Chef always had something special on the menu. We will come back for the next special valentime day.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
The Spanish Court Hotel
#1 of 35 in Ocho Rios
The Knutsford Court Hotel
The Knutsford Court Hotel
#7 of 25 in Kingston

Been to Strawberry Hill? Share your experiences!