“Cool Treat, Cool Vibes”

and up
Devon House Mansion Tour with Ice Cream from Kingston
Ranked #1 of 66 things to do in Kingston
More attraction details
Owner description: The 19th century home of George Stiebel, the first black millionaire in the Caribbean, Devon House presents a unique and extraordinary opportunity for multiple experiences in a center of excellence in the city of Kingston, Jamaica. It combines heritage, park facilities, restaurants and shopping for the best of what is authentically Jamaican. Here, the arts, education and entertainment co-exist to give Jamaicans and Tourists alike a space that appeals to all senses.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Cool Treat, Cool Vibes”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Well I wanted to see the Bob Marley museum on Hope road, only to find out that they're closed on Sundays. So my brother-in-law took us (my sister and I) basically right next door to Devon House. The premises are lush and well manicured, I wanted to sit under a tree and read, but we had places to go. I'd heard about the ice cream and he continued to hype it up. I was blown away by the rich taste of the rum and raisin on my waffle cone -- even the cone was scrumptious. My sister got the Devon Stout and loved it as well. I highly recommend that you try Devon house when you go to Jamaica -- yummy, my mouth is watering thinking about it. As far as crowd, maybe we caught them at a slow hour because it wasn't too bad of a wait. I rate Devon House ice cream 10 stars!!!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Crowded but Nice”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Devon House is a great place to go for an afternoon/evening. It is crowded but there are plenty of grassy spots to hang out. The ice cream is fantastic, but there also a variety of other shops and restaurants on the grounds. NEVER go on a Sunday evening though - you will wait for ages to get ice cream.

Big Bear Lake, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Elegant”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a wonderful tour given by a very knowledgeable young man. The ice cream was included and quite refreshing. The shops were quite nice. The best part was the young bartender, George. We had a lovely afternoon discussing fishing, Jamaica, and being schooled on all the Jamaican rums shot by shot. Stop by for a cold Red Stripe!

Annapolis, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was the first place we ate after arriving in Kingston. Good food, outstanding service and nice atmosphere outside where we ate.

Visited February 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An excellent sight.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Devon House is a must see whenever I am in Kingston. Love the ice cream, so many flavors to choose from. My favorite flavors are buttered almond and grapenut.

Visited July 2013