“You gotta love a first class hotel”

The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We arrived as a group of Travel Agents. We were met by Peter Hilary our fabulous and equally charming host and General Manager. The property is remodeled and beautiful. The dinner we were served was spectacular and I cannot imagine it getting better than it is. Brilliant Service, food and accomodations. The location is fabulous. They have a lovely gym and outdoor tennis courts. I have never visited previously but I would stay and play at this resort in a heart beat. The breakfast is complimentary. The lobby an public areas are absolutely beautiful. I am delighted that this resort chose to host us and I would so recommend that you ask your travel agent to send you to beautiful Historic Kingston and spend a few nights at the Jamaica Pegasus....you will not leave disappointed I promise.

Room Tip: I personally liked the rooms above the beautiful pool and garden area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Deborah P
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your flattering and wonderful words. It was a pleasure to host you and your group, and we are delighted that you all had a favorable experience.
Do come and visit again soon, but in the meantime please tell everyone about Jamaica and Kingston.
PH

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel is clean, relatively modern and the staff is responsive. I was surprised how nice it is as I used to live in Jamaica and had medium expectations. I don't know why anyone would go to Kingston except for business? But this is the best choice there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Your comments are well received and we appreciate your taking the time to pen your views.
We are constantly striving to improve the overall guest experience and it is gratifying to note that in your case we succeeded.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel about an hour before check in time and we were fortunate to be checked in early. I received a lovely room on the seventh floor overlooking the mountains and a nice view of New Kingston. I was able to go on the balcony and enjoy some nice Jamaican breeze. I enjoyed the full complimentary breakfast which guests are entitled to. Breakfast was truly delicious each day and I tasted your national dish thanks to your hotel restaurant, The Blue Window Restaurant. I will certainly be returning to your lovely hotel. I had a splendid time here (room, food, amenities) and I will encourage anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sanitah

Thank you for taking the time to pen your thoughts following your recent visit.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your staying with us again when your travels have you stayng in Kingston again.
Respectfully.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Have stayed there on several occasions. Last visit was just after ownership change and major refurbishing. Nice place. Has huge ballrooms and caters for functions almost daily. Food quality is good as also service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for your kind words.
Ownership and Management are determined to improve the total experience that guests receive at the Jamaica Pegasus and it is pleasing to note that the efforts are being noticed.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is my third visit to this hotel and I must say it's going down. I am a Jamaican by birth and can remember the days when this hotel was the Jewel of Kingston . That's all gone. The rooms needs some serious renovation and updating. I was there in 2011 and said I would not be back but decide I would stay again. BIG MISTAKE. I only stayed there because I was attending a function in there ballroom and did not want to drive somewhere else after a night of partying

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments.
We have already embarked on a multi-million dollar renovation program and will not stop until the property is completely remodeled. We trust that you will revisit us again in the near future so you canb experience first hand the progress that we have made.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This place is special but for all the wrong reasons.
I'll try to make an objective list of the issues but I'm bound to miss some:
1. Dirty, old, neglected - 'refurbed' rooms are a lick of paint, new sofa and fixing broken stuff
2. Stuff doesn't work on a regular basis
3. The food is horrendous (although breakfast not bad) - how can anyone mess up a burger??
4. Bathrooms broken, old and leave a sense of poor hygiene
5. The worst value for money hotel on the planet surely
6. Internet only works in 'certain' rooms according to the technical support team
7. The 'Juta' taxis which you are almost forced to use are a full 300% more than the market rate but you shouldn't be surprised because it is all part of the rip-off culture of this place.

These guys actually think they are running a high end establishment, mainly because they are full quite often but that is only because of poor supply in the area. The hotel next door is closed for refurb and Marriot are opening next year...they will lose most of their business once these guys show up, overnight. The hotel would seriously struggle to make three stars in any other country in the world.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel is not up to any international standards for accommodations.
The rooms are very old, carpets are in poor shape, the bathroom is from the 40' (the shower head barely provide a trickle of water).
Internet access is really only available in the lobby and the food is below average... And all this services for US$280 a night plus a myriad of taxes to include an energy "surcharge".

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Luis N
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I am very saddened to read your comments. We are renovating this property as fast as we can and are committed to restoring the Pegasus to its former glory as the leading property in Kingston.
Please reconcider us for your next trip to Jamaica and contact me personally before you come. I will ensure that your stay with us is without blemish.
Peter Hilary