“my 2nd home”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Kingston
Bishop's Stortford, United Kingdom
“my 2nd home”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I cant believe all the negative reviews on here.The pegasus is my 2nd home and the pegasus family treat me like their family.The staff are extremely friendly.I must admit i have never done breakfast as i dont do mornings,HOWEVER the 24/7 cafe is amazing.The redbean soup is to die for,fresh baked toast with it too,yum.The desserts and icecreams are a real bonus to me.The staff all know me by name and im always given the same warm welcome when i return here time after time.My first room the aircon was broken however the wonderful LT had me moved straight away and the bellman was sent to my room straight away to help me with my bags even though i didnt need help.I was telephoned shortly after to make sure i was comfortable in my new room.The beds are extremely comfortable with mattress topper,the bathroom isnt the ritz,but i dont expect the ritz.Its clean and it does its job,who stays in the bathroom all day anyway?....I commend the staff here.They are wonderful to me.

1 Thank neilrastley
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Wonderful review and thank you.
Please keep coming back and we'll continue to go the extra mile for you.
Respectfully.
PH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montserrat
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Although they were renovating some of the rooms while I was there, I was never disturbed with noise.
The rooms were classy and comfortable. However, the bathrooms on the 15th floor were a bit cramped. Hope they are changing this.
Enjoyed the incredible view of Kingston. The staff were all courteous and helpful and the food was enjoyable. I like the fact that you can get local food on the menu and its not all international cuisine.

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom if you need lots of room to maneuver :-)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your comments.
Yes we are indeed renovating the entire property with the aim to re-establish itself as the premier business hotel in the Caribbean. Most of the ground floor spaces have already been completed and we are actively attacking our 15 bedroom floors - one floor at a time.
I was very pleased to note that our renovation did not mar the enjoyment of your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again to the Jamaica Pegasus, when your travel plan has Kingston in its itinerary.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I'm a Hilton Kingston fan, so was gutted when i heard it was shut due to a fire in the kitchen. for this reason i ended up next door in the Peggo ! It was OK and itsd had a makeover. Lovely coffee shop now in reception and a funky bar, but i had dinner each night at the pool bar outside. Menu was a bit drab but it was fine and better than sitting inside the restaurant - same menu BTW.
Gym was in need of expansion and the rooms are quite old now so going to bed at night was not something to look forward too, but i dont want to beat the plaxce up too bad, i would stay there again for sure next year if the hilton is not back open and the staff were great ( bit lazy round the pool bar at night though - talk a lot and dont watch the punters needs ) Swimming pool was old but it was ok and the area was good for relaxing too. I hear Marriott are opening next year ! maybe.

Room Tip: pool facing - kind of
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us.
Yes we are in the midst of a multi-million dollar renovation project and have almost totally completed the ground floor levels. Bedrooms take a bit longer to complete but we are working tirelessly to have all of them totally refurbished as soon as possible.
Your comments about service levels around the poolside have been shared with the team so you should see an improvement on your next stay.
Thank you for your experienced input.
Respectfully
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We arrived as a group of Travel Agents. We were met by Peter Hilary our fabulous and equally charming host and General Manager. The property is remodeled and beautiful. The dinner we were served was spectacular and I cannot imagine it getting better than it is. Brilliant Service, food and accomodations. The location is fabulous. They have a lovely gym and outdoor tennis courts. I have never visited previously but I would stay and play at this resort in a heart beat. The breakfast is complimentary. The lobby an public areas are absolutely beautiful. I am delighted that this resort chose to host us and I would so recommend that you ask your travel agent to send you to beautiful Historic Kingston and spend a few nights at the Jamaica Pegasus....you will not leave disappointed I promise.

Room Tip: I personally liked the rooms above the beautiful pool and garden area.
1 Thank Deborah P
Thank you for your flattering and wonderful words. It was a pleasure to host you and your group, and we are delighted that you all had a favorable experience.
Do come and visit again soon, but in the meantime please tell everyone about Jamaica and Kingston.
PH
Albany, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel is clean, relatively modern and the staff is responsive. I was surprised how nice it is as I used to live in Jamaica and had medium expectations. I don't know why anyone would go to Kingston except for business? But this is the best choice there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Your comments are well received and we appreciate your taking the time to pen your views.
We are constantly striving to improve the overall guest experience and it is gratifying to note that in your case we succeeded.
Thank you again.
Bridgetown
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel about an hour before check in time and we were fortunate to be checked in early. I received a lovely room on the seventh floor overlooking the mountains and a nice view of New Kingston. I was able to go on the balcony and enjoy some nice Jamaican breeze. I enjoyed the full complimentary breakfast which guests are entitled to. Breakfast was truly delicious each day and I tasted your national dish thanks to your hotel restaurant, The Blue Window Restaurant. I will certainly be returning to your lovely hotel. I had a splendid time here (room, food, amenities) and I will encourage anyone to stay here.

2 Thank Sanitah
Thank you for taking the time to pen your thoughts following your recent visit.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your staying with us again when your travels have you stayng in Kingston again.
Respectfully.
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Have stayed there on several occasions. Last visit was just after ownership change and major refurbishing. Nice place. Has huge ballrooms and caters for functions almost daily. Food quality is good as also service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Many thanks for your kind words.
Ownership and Management are determined to improve the total experience that guests receive at the Jamaica Pegasus and it is pleasing to note that the efforts are being noticed.