The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$280
US$134
Travelocity
Liguanea Club(Kingston)
US$160
All reviewstuesday nightemancipation parkann mariehour cafetennis courtsrunning tracklarge poolbusiness hotelbusiness tripdecent hotelbreakfast buffet ispool sidebusiness districtvisiting kingstonjamaicadextergordon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in a Club floor room at the Pegasus for four days in July, 2014 - and I found each day to be a pleasure. The hotel has great views of the mountains. The pool is spacious, and the poolside bar is pleasant. The buffet breakfast on our floor was very convenient, with great coffee and fresh fruit; downstairs, a complementary buffet served food that was fresh and well-prepared. The evening drinks hour is a great idea - by 6 pm, it's time for a Red Stripe, and it's nice to get to talk with your fellow guests; absent this kind of activity, one mostly moves through hotels in a solitary bubble. Mostly, though, the staff is great - friendly and prepared to help out whenever a hand is needed. I'd definitely stay at the Pegasus again.

Room Tip: We stayed on a club floor - I'd recommend it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Your gracious comments are indeed appreciated. The team at the Pegasus is dedicated to making your stay a memorable one and it is wonderful to learn that their efforts are being noticed.
Come back again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I was really torn about this review because certain aspects exceeded my expectations, while others let me down. On the positive side, everything is clean. The lobby is nice and open. Each of the restaurants I dined at were delicious. My room and bathroom were spacious & modern. There was a refrigerator and a comfortable bed. I had the royal club lounge available to me. Breakfast wasn't worth it, but the happy hour from 6-7 was! The service I received met my standards. The pool is nice and the gym is enough to get by (a couple treadmills, exercise bikes, an elliptical, dumbbells range from 5 - 50 lbs and there's an "all-in-one" combo machine - but it's pretty dated). Now, the major problems I had were that I had no hot water for 4 days and on one of the nights I was here, they had a pool party into the late hours that kept me awake with loud music when I had to be up early for work (and I was on the 16th floor!) overall, I would try out this hotel again hoping I got a room with hot water and I would make sure no pool parties were coming up.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. It is indeed a pity that there were a couple of issues that marred your stay for which I apologize. I will send you a note off-line to find out more about the water issue, because we did not have any major issue that we know of. It must have been isolated to your room, so I would appreciate your replying when you receive it so we can pinpoint the defect.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is not my first time staying here. My only complaint is that I did not have a view of the pool from my room and the pool closes too early. The buffet breakfast was very good I enjoyed it very much. I was allowed a late checkout for a small fee without charging me a whole nights rate since I had a midnight flight. It is right across from a park for those who like to jog and walk. The location is perfect and there are accessible forms of transportion for those who need it. Had a great stay at the Pegasus and will return.

Room Tip: get a pool view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fee319

Truly appreciated the 'loved it' headline. The entire team is dedicated to making our guest feel comfortable and at home, and it is gratifying to learn that we met your expectations.
Thank you for the positive review and please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I cant believe all the negative reviews on here.The pegasus is my 2nd home and the pegasus family treat me like their family.The staff are extremely friendly.I must admit i have never done breakfast as i dont do mornings,HOWEVER the 24/7 cafe is amazing.The redbean soup is to die for,fresh baked toast with it too,yum.The desserts and icecreams are a real bonus to me.The staff all know me by name and im always given the same warm welcome when i return here time after time.My first room the aircon was broken however the wonderful LT had me moved straight away and the bellman was sent to my room straight away to help me with my bags even though i didnt need help.I was telephoned shortly after to make sure i was comfortable in my new room.The beds are extremely comfortable with mattress topper,the bathroom isnt the ritz,but i dont expect the ritz.Its clean and it does its job,who stays in the bathroom all day anyway?....I commend the staff here.They are wonderful to me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank neilrastley
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Wonderful review and thank you.
Please keep coming back and we'll continue to go the extra mile for you.
Respectfully.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Although they were renovating some of the rooms while I was there, I was never disturbed with noise.
The rooms were classy and comfortable. However, the bathrooms on the 15th floor were a bit cramped. Hope they are changing this.
Enjoyed the incredible view of Kingston. The staff were all courteous and helpful and the food was enjoyable. I like the fact that you can get local food on the menu and its not all international cuisine.

Room Tip: Ask about the bathroom if you need lots of room to maneuver :-)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Peter H, General Manager at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your comments.
Yes we are indeed renovating the entire property with the aim to re-establish itself as the premier business hotel in the Caribbean. Most of the ground floor spaces have already been completed and we are actively attacking our 15 bedroom floors - one floor at a time.
I was very pleased to note that our renovation did not mar the enjoyment of your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again to the Jamaica Pegasus, when your travel plan has Kingston in its itinerary.